Anxiety increase and Libido decrease while started vaping and quit smoking i'm the onlyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazuo

Dec 29, 2012
Italy
First of all i just want to tell you vaping doesn't reduce libido by it self.
But for sure quit smoking did it to me.
And did it not just this time but all the time i tried to quit smoking in the past.
I suffer of anxiety and smoking controlled my anxiety giving me a balance.
But every time i quit anxiety start to increase after 48-72 hours the last cigarette.
Or if i do a period with very few cigarette.
I think it has nothing to do with nicotine but much more about other substance in cigarettes.
I'm saying this cause vaping just nicotine liquid doesn't help with my anxiety so much.
I just use nicotine more for the hit reminds me cigarette than nothing but my anxiety is going worst.
The results of my high anxiety levels are pains fatigue weird body sensation and really low close to zero libido.
I'm really sad about this cause is not the first time i already had this problems in the past after quitting smoking even for more than one month.
I just smoked again not cause i wanted to smoke again but because i wanted to live and not to survive.My mood and sexual live where much important than healthy lungs or no bad smell.
Every time i started smoking again i didn't like the taste actually i forced my self to smoke to restore my mental health.
And always the first cigarettes doesn't change nothing about my anxiety as an immediate effect.
Just after smoking 2-3 days consecutive i was able to get a costant anxiety relieve.
There is something in cigarette working more in the long period instead of the short term.

I would like to ask if to some vapers happened the same and what you did ?
How long does it take for you to get a mental health after smoking?
How do you fix the problem?
Just waiting for weeks or months while vaping only nicotine liquid or you never quite smoking or use WTA liquids or snus ?
Is very frustratring cause seems i don't have no choice...
My last hope is WTA i really hope it will work.
Cause i really don't like smoking i prefer vaping thousand time.
But i just smoke like a sort of self medication for years.
I take also antidepressant and some times i finished with them but seeems they thousand time much easier to quit than cigarette.
I'm sure among vapers and ex smoker there are people suffering or suffered of anxiety maybe they can give me good advice.

P.S. I just quit smoking cause i hope vape could control my anxiety issue like smoking did but in a less harmfull way :unsure:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
You already posted this and I myself said WTA is really worth trying. There are other things non vaping related I'm sure. Are you sure your antidepressant doesn't affect your libido? Most, not all, of them have a reputation for lowering libido. It's the catch. Not Wellbutrin though. In fact Welbutrin has the reputation for increasing it. That's probably good so long as you have partner. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread