103 Days off Analogs, had major stress today - Staying Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richieboy

Jun 27, 2013
Vapeland
Having major stress at the moment with work, I could lose everything.. gremlin telling me go and buy cigarettes and feel relaxed..'Its the only thing you can lean on to feel better'
Even though I have an ecig which has helped me for 103 days.. Ive quit many times in the past, last year for 2 months, 5 years once in my life..
I just want to say that I normally don't care under everyday stress I can get by but this major stress is pushing down on me, I don't want to play Russian Roulette with my life, I don't want to trade my health for a little bit of stress relief.. all I can say is ..... cigarettes..
Please someone chime in with some encouragement because I have this nagging gremlin at the moment and I know that once the major stress passes I will not think about cigarettes again

Raths

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2014
Nebraska
I don't want to play Russian Roulette with my life, I don't want to trade my health for a little bit of stress relief.. all I can say is ..... cigarettes..
DON't fall for the draw of the analogs. You said it, its russian roulette. Might get an incurable disease, might not. Imagine the stress on you, and your loved ones, if you do. I'd rather not take the chance...

Stay strong and vape on. (BTW, nothing wrong with kicking back with a beer and a good movie and a tank full of your best juice, turning off lights and phone and computer and relaxing the mind for 125 minutes...or how ever long the movie last)

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
Cigarette's siren song is indeed sweet, especially during high stress. Stay strong, up your nic if you have to...vape till your mod melts...do what ever it takes to keep from giving in to temptation. You know it will pass, so ride it out.

Accomplish this and you will know that cigarettes no longer have any power over your life.

It's worth doing.

Richieboy

Jun 27, 2013
Vapeland
Ugh, you have no idea what they would taste like after 103 days. YUK!! Believe me, I tried it after a month of quitting and IT IS DISGUSTING!! What level are you vaping at?? Try a higher level. It will keep you satisfied & calmer.

Yes you are right, I tried it after 2 months last year it was disgusting, it took a couple of days for the nasty taste to go. Thats why I'm not going to break, its like the poster above, if I can ride this out it will be worth it will prove that it has no control.. perhaps its fate testing me.

Cant really get a high nic juice without ordering it online here.. Ive been waying everything up..last few months Ive told myself nothing is worth damaging my body.. I only have one

I think Im going to chill now and watch the latest Supernatural episode, its like the first reply said, chilling out watching a movie helps.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I know it's cliche, but time does make this get much easier. I still remember when I was a half year in and had to chain vape to stay cig free. Another half year later and I found myself in a car full of smokers. It was surprisingly easy to inhale the second hand smoke and not have a cigarette. That experience shocked me and I knew then I had beat it.

At two years in, I really don't ever think about smoking anymore. It's just not an option now :).

Stay strong RB. I smoked for 37 years and if I could do this you can too.

Chain vape, up the nic for an hour, or do whatever you need to get past this. Once it's past you'll feel better and you will have this to fall back on forever.

Vape on :thumb:

Richieboy

Jun 27, 2013
Vapeland
I know it's cliche, but time does make this get much easier. I still remember when I was a half year in and had to chain vape to stay cig free. Another half year later and I found myself in a car full of smokers. It was surprisingly easy to inhale the second hand smoke and not have a cigarette. That experience shocked me and I knew then I had beat it.

At two years in, I really don't ever think about smoking anymore. It's just not an option now :).

Stay strong RB. I smoked for 37 years and if I could do this you can too.

Chain vape, up the nic for an hour, or do whatever you need to get past this. Once it's past you'll feel better and you will have this to fall back on forever.

Vape on :thumb:

Thats inspiring because I only smoked on and off since I was 18 with a break of 5 years where I constantly chewed nicotine gum... Smoking has been my only real vice in life. I would smoke around 15-20 a day. But I never though about 37 year smokers, my dad has smoked all his life.. My grandad quit after smoking his whole life and said its a fools game

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
A cigarette is not going to fix your stress, don't allow yourself to "believe" that.

Grabbing one is just a behavior you always did WHEN you felt stressed, so now you just want to slide back into that groove/rut. It's a trick. :)

Get a copy of alan carr's The Easyway to Quit Smoking. He will put your mind right. When you read the reviews on Amazon you will see what I mean. :)

A lot of this is psychological..........and some physical, so up your nic 1 notch and keep a PV loaded with that during those extra stressful times.

also, there are a lot of other "behaviors" to learn for stress relief...meditation, walking, etc. Wear a new pattern into your brain, that's how the brain works. :)

If I had to depend just on vaping and my 6mg nicotine to handle stress, I don't think I"d be very successful. :) Stress is how we react to situations, so it's mostly behavioral.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Sorry you are going through a rough patch. I'm glad you came here to talk about it. I'm one of those 40-year smokers who quit smoking the day I got my beginner kit, and I'm as amazed as anyone that it has worked for me!

Someone here said something that I liked a lot, about those urges that may come to smoke. She said it was the "Ghost Habit" talking, and you don't have to listen to it. I had a few of those urges right at first, and it helped me to give it a name. I told myself "Your body is getting the nicotine it needs. That is just the Ghost Habit talking." Then I would vape for a while and get through it.

You can get through this, too. Don't pay attention to what the Ghost Habit says.:)

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
Sounds like Rayden and I have the same vaping experience. It took me up to through the 6th month before I quit having any cravings, after that they went away. They did diminish in frequency during the first 6 months but not in intensity once they hit. I managed to vape right through them and it did take a conscience effort to do it. I felt I was too far into vaping to turn back to those God forsaken cigarettes that I'd tried for 15 of the 33 years to get rid of. I know you can do this, we all have. You have the right attitude and that will see you through. :) The best of luck to you and happy vaping! :vapor:

Richieboy

Jun 27, 2013
Vapeland
Sounds like Rayden and I have the same vaping experience. It took me up to through the 6th month before I quit having any cravings, after that they went away. They did diminish in frequency during the first 6 months but not in intensity once they hit. I managed to vape right through them and it did take a conscience effort to do it. I felt I was too far into vaping to turn back to those God forsaken cigarettes that I'd tried for 15 of the 33 years to get rid of. I know you can do this, we all have. You have the right attitude and that will see you through. :) The best of luck to you and happy vaping! :vapor:

I also don't want to go back to smoking because when I go to study I don't want the shame of some people there knowing I failed and the smarmy looks and sarcastic coughs.

I was thinking about going to a sheesha bar but I also threw out my sheesha pipe when I quick, theres no point I should just stick with my vaping at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread