A question for noobs by a noob...eVic or Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com
Just to throw in my two cents worth. I currently use the Volcano Inferno, which is a good starter kit, but I'd probably rate it right there with one of the eGo models. Because I am looking at this as much as a hobby as anything, my next step is going to be to purchase a Vamo V2 and an AGA-T+ or AGA-T2 kit to go with it. My logic here is mainly price, and to add to my blossoming collecting of devices. It helps that I can avoid wife agro at the same time by spending quite a bit less than jumping into the Provari at this time. Additionally, it will be easier to convince her of the Provari after a month or two of vaping instead of smoking. Anyway, I will probably then purchase an in-expensive mechanical mod and another tank rig to play with just so I can start playing with button fuses and kickers. (I want the experience - remember the hobby part, hehe). I will eventually (within the next 60 days) purchase a Provari with a Vaperfexion Pro-V tank to kick off the higher-end stuff. I plan on adding a Kanger Pro to the mix somewhere, and start looking into some other fun stuff such as bottom feeders, etc. In the next six months I'm sure I'll add some more VV toys and a mech mod or two. I'd like to eventually aquire an iTaste MVP and some type of e-pipe (into the steampunk scene, so an e-pipe would be cool, though I may custom build one just for kicks). Anyway, as far as I see it, as a hobby, it's gonna be something like Dragon Ball Z... Gotta Get 'em all, got to get 'em all.... mwahaha....

xxbodkinxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Texas
If I wasn't going with the provari I would either get a vamo or a sigelei zmax. Both are under $100 for the kit and people seem very happy with them in general. I went with the provari simply for the build quality, warranty, and the ability to get it repaired even outside the warranty by sending it in. So I figured if I keep this thing for more then the two years its under warranty it should pay for itself. I can't imaging keeping any other model for 2x years issue free. Granted you can buy a new one to replace it for cheaper then a provari but who wants to deal with that hassle. Once I get my piggy bank stocked again ill prob get a vamo for second mod.

supersport20

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Midwest
I would say between the two provari. Build quality is very good. Way high price though. There are much cheaper options tho with similar features or more features. Probably less quality though but still really good. Spinner, vamo, z max, kgo vv, silver bullet. Some of those dont have the features but it depends on whats important to you. Significantly cheaper though so you dont have to baby it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

A BOSS

Aug 6, 2012
Al.
Spend the money get a provari, I work offshore I have dropped mine ( how many times I could not even count ) I keep it tucked in my life vest 80% of the time, it has been drenched in salt water several times.I have had it for a little less than a year and it is a beast,push the button and it hits everytime,even when I get a mouth full of saltwater I just keep holding the button down until the smooth vapor boills out.lol

SheldonV

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
United States
Provari... I have both and the eVic, once it gets hot or juice gets in it... doesn't vape the same. The watts you can set it at changes. The PRovari, once the voltage is set, ti's set. When it's to low, it stops working. Done. But, the eVic is a great price and, if your battery is fresh, it will work. If I had to choose, Provari all the way.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
....................... We shall see.

EDIT - I feel the need to keep stating that I am not bashing Provari. I am not! I'm just stating what fueled my choice. I've been embroiled in Gibson vs Fender and Gibson vs the no name guitars on other forums before. Hey I choose Gibson. But it can get weird.

Gotta go with Gibson, tho I own a Fender too......
Why not just get BOTH with the savings from analog cigarettes? Treat yourself.......heheh

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
thanks everyone on the input :toast: I'm thinking I'll just eventually look on the classifieds for a cheap provari or just get a blem one from provape as i've heard they usually end up being completely fine. It seems that all these VV/VW mods are just like provari's but with different button placement and appearance or they're telescopic but to be honest i can't see myself changing different sized batteries. but now I have a new question, why would i spend $150+ on a provari when i can get practically the same thing closer to $50? is it really worth it or am i paying for it to say "Provari" on the side?

A big reason for me was that Provaris are made in the U.S. and if anything does ever go wrong with yours, they will service it. If you buy a chinese PV and it goes belly up, you will be filing it in the trash.

Note: You may not imagine yourself wanting more than one PV right now, but trust me, you will. For one, you will likely like to have several setup, each with a different flavor going. So, you're really not going to make a bad decision whichever decision you make.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread