AGR carto tank leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
Ok, I have one of those AGR locking carto tanks, no matter what carto I put in it, it just randomly pukes juice out of the bottom. I have tried three different cartos in it. All three factory punched as well as I have tried all three slotted with a dremmal. doesn’t mater. At some point it will leak. I don't use carto tanks much. Since I broke my last protank I’ve had to use it until my new ones come in the mail. Is this normal? do I just have a bum tank?

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Ok, I have one of those AGR locking carto tanks, no matter what carto I put in it, it just randomly pukes juice out of the bottom. I have tried three different cartos in it. All three factory punched as well as I have tried all three slotted with a dremmal. doesn’t mater. At some point it will leak. I don't use carto tanks much. Since I broke my last protank I’ve had to use it until my new ones come in the mail. Is this normal? do I just have a bum tank?

Mine all leaked. I think it may be a design problem. The bottom o ring at the very base of the tank, never cut it for me. I gave mine away to a relative I don't care much for :evil:. The truth is that they make good starter tanks, while you learn how to do the carto tank thing. How many of us have dumped juice everywhere learning how to use carto tanks. Never happens any more, and I have better tanks (Phiniac's and IBTanks) that never leak. It's kind of a 1,2,3 thing in working with cartos. As long as you follow the directions, no juice....ever. There will always be times when a carto may allow a drop on the connection, but that's not a tank issue. Good luck.

rubblebucket

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
Rochester N.Y.
I also own an agr and had the flood issue. What I was doing wrong was screwing the top cap on with the fill hole screw still in place. The problem is that doing this is forcing the trapped air down hence the ejuice being pushed into the carto holes. Try to prime the cartridge then fill the tank then screw the top cap on with the fill hole screw out so the air is able to vent and not force any air into the carto. Or if you have a needle capped bottle top use that but be mindful to not cover the top of the hole with the end of the bottle cat as the air needs to escape as juice enters. If you screw the top cap on with the fill screw removed do so very slowly. I just dis mine yesterday in this manner and it rips!!!! It was very frustrating but now is one of my favorite tanks behind my rba's. There's a few videos on youtube if you have any ?'s good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread