Am I Strawberry blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floriduhsean

Nov 24, 2018
Nooga, TN
So I just recently started to DIY and I've run into a very serious issue, no matter what I do I cannot taste strawberry from any mix I've made.

I know that less is more in the diy world, but no matter what I try. Putting higher percentage, lower percentages, saline drops, cutting it with a small percentage of apple or apricot to bring out the flavor, nothing works, not evennadding sweeteners. I have red touch, strawberry ripe, and sweet strawberry, and no matter how I blend the flavors, it's giving me nothing.

I've made a strawberry Greek yogurt, strawberry Custard, strawberry on it's own in several different combos with the three that I have at the moment and I taste nothing. I do have strawberry breeze which is a mountain oak vapor ejuice that is a strawberry milk is very strong strawberry and I can taste it though it is a commercial juice it does not contain any sweeteners so I know that it is not sweeteners pushing the flavor.

I absolutely love strawberry Vapes and I'm at a complete loss as to what to do from here any advice or help would be great thank you very much

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
There are a lot of people that cannot taste SB. You are not alone in that aspect. I had that issue with FLV watermelon but whats weird is now I can taste it. I have a friend that cant taste it but he can taste shisha sb. I would try different brands and see if you can find one you can taste.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
So I just recently started to DIY and I've run into a very serious issue, no matter what I do I cannot taste strawberry from any mix I've made.

I know that less is more in the diy world, but no matter what I try. Putting higher percentage, lower percentages, saline drops, cutting it with a small percentage of apple or apricot to bring out the flavor, nothing works, not evennadding sweeteners. I have red touch, strawberry ripe, and sweet strawberry, and no matter how I blend the flavors, it's giving me nothing.

I've made a strawberry Greek yogurt, strawberry Custard, strawberry on it's own in several different combos with the three that I have at the moment and I taste nothing. I do have strawberry breeze which is a mountain oak vapor eJuice that is a strawberry milk is very strong strawberry and I can taste it though it is a commercial juice it does not contain any sweeteners so I know that it is not sweeteners pushing the flavor.

I absolutely love strawberry Vapes and I'm at a complete loss as to what to do from here any advice or help would be great thank you very much
What brands are you using? Inawera Sisha Strawberry is a good strong strawberry. Not all brands are created alike. Some you have to use what may seem like an outrageous ammount. Others less is more.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I can not taste strawberry either.
It happens. Some people seems sensitive to the molecular makeup of SB. Just like some people get black pepper from vanilla bean ice cream. Sometimes you can find one you can taste and other times its just something you have to work around.

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
I have a hard time tasting light strawberry flavors, sometimes adding a complementary flavor helps bring out the strawberry too, at least for my taste buds. Like if you use a watermelon or kiwi VERY lightly. Kiwis may not be everyone's thing though ;)

I have not tried it yet, but I hear Bull City Flavors Ripe Strawberry is one of the best strawberry flavorings around. Ripe Strawberry-TFA

But Strawberry is popular; like dc99 said, there may be a better brand of flavoring out there for you. At least flavorings are relatively inexpensive so it's not as bad as finding the next best pre-made eliquid.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Any of you who can't taste Strawberry may want to try a sample size of OSDIY's own proprietary flavoring called Succulent Strawberry. It's by far the strongest strawberry flavoring of the 5 different ones I have. As it ages, it even gets stronger, to me...so much so that I now only use it at 3% at the most in a recipe.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Any of you who can't taste Strawberry may want to try a sample size of OSDIY's own proprietary flavoring called Succulent Strawberry. It's by far the strongest strawberry flavoring of the 5 different ones I have. As it ages, it even gets stronger, to me...so much so that I now only use it at 3% at the most in a recipe.
Forgot about that one. It's good but a bit too sweet for me.

@Floriduhsean pm me if you want to try the succulent sb.

Floriduhsean

Nov 24, 2018
Nooga, TN
Sorry for the delayed reply to every one! Thank you for all of your support and suggestions! I absolutely love strawberry Vapes, so I am going to try anything in my power to figure out a fix for this!!! I did buy a new rda today and I am getting a slight strawberry taste out of a few of my mixes but nothing where I expect it to be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread