Are my kanger replacement dual coils fake? One long hole on each side...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I recently got the Kanger Aerotank Mini, and I've been loving it for the most part. I've bought several sets of replacement upgraded dual coils (internal wicks), and I'm trying to determine if my most recent purchase is counterfeit. These replacement heads actually have one LONG vertical hole on each side (two holes total) instead of two round holes on each side (four total). I've received both types from Ebay vendors, and I can't find ANYTHING online about these heads having two long holes instead of four. Otherwise, everything else about them seems identical. Can someone please clarify this issue for me?

Please see my attached image. The coil on the left is the one I'm suspicious of being counterfeit.

COILS.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It's hard to be sure that you have genuine Kanger coils. Kanger is changing the packaging and all genuine Kanger coils now come in black boxes with a scan code and the green Kanger logo on the back. If you have white boxes, they may not have the Kangertech logo on the end flaps and may not be Kanger made coils. At least that's what I've been able to deduce from the information at the Kanger web site.

I quit buying Kanger and Aspire coils because they were lasting much less than a day before going South. My Kayfun is consistent and tasty.

Discount Vapers is adamant about selling only genuine Kanger products. Still, there are issues with some of the coil heads that are in the system. I'm confident that Kanger's intent is to fix the problem. They've disclosed that they had a problem in May of this year and are replacing coils sold in that month to dealers.
Kanger Dual Coil Atomizer Heads (enclosed wick) - 1.2ohms

Kanger's official web site
KangerTech US Electronic Cigarettes - Kanger Official Website

Last edited:

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
the new design was created to stop people from rebuilding them.... they even went as far as swedging the bottom hole so you cant remove the internal positive stub to run the new wires in.....

Not sure if it's the same one I am talking about. Those you are talking about have 2 small holes with the wick inside correct? I was talking about the newer ones with the slot for the emow

Lurch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Central Florida
I just my first Kayfun yesterday. Wow, what a difference!

I rebuild the Kanger heads and am sorry to read about the new ones being made so we can't rebuild them, yet! I bet someone will come with a way to do it! I certainly hope so, my wife uses Mini ProTanks and I would hate to have to start buying heads all the time!!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I just my first Kayfun yesterday. Wow, what a difference!

I rebuild the Kanger heads and am sorry to read about the new ones being made so we can't rebuild them, yet! I bet someone will come with a way to do it! I certainly hope so, my wife uses Mini ProTanks and I would hate to have to start buying heads all the time!!

A coil will last weeks on the Kayfun, maybe a month or more with care. Do a light dry burn when you change the cotton wick every two or three days. It's a good tank, but I seem to be using more juice with the Kayfun. It's more efficient at atomizing, I guess.

I must just pop in and say that I recently bought a blister pack of 5 from eBay (from a supposed reputable seller) and the performance of them is incredible, very thick vapor and good flavour however the life span of them is less than a week. I had 3 days of my first, 1 of my second, 2 of my third and I am on the 4th now. Very dissapointed, I will return to buying the older style ones.
Vamo V5 + Kanger Protank 3 at 8W to 10W. I usually get through 3~4ml of juice a day.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
I must just pop in and say that I recently bought a blister pack of 5 from eBay (from a supposed reputable seller) and the performance of them is incredible, very thick vapor and good flavour however the life span of them is less than a week. I had 3 days of my first, 1 of my second, 2 of my third and I am on the 4th now. Very dissapointed, I will return to buying the older style ones.
Vamo V5 + Kanger Protank 3 at 8W to 10W. I usually get through 3~4ml of juice a day.

What juice are you running? Do you clean and dry burn them after they start to go soft on you? So you can use them again.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

Pull the center pin and the post insulator grommet out and see if one of the wire legs comes out with them. The solder joints just aren't up to vaping temps, IMO. If you have access to something to measure resistance as you vape, see if the coil resistance is rising over time. That's the failure mode I had for several months, but I got less than a day out of each coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread