Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Artistic Wire Coiling Gizmo. I also ordered a Dexoit gold pen. I guess I will buy anything Super X says to, lol. So for the Gizmo I just need to pick up a wing nut? Thanks.

Here's what else ol_X recommends as a bare minimum:

Atleast one back up REO LP grand

Atleast 2 springs (although you'll never use them).

Atleast 2 AW IMR 18650 1600 mah batteries per mod.

Atleast one back up charger. (Learned from experience but it wasn't the charger it was the adapter). I still realized it could one day be the charger.

29 ga kanthal A1 - perfect for 6 wrap 1 ohm coils run dual for .5 net.

KGD

I see you got one odin, you will need one for each mod.

A Router drip tip for each odin.

That's all. Game over. :)

xcrazydx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
United States
Let us know how you like the gizmo thingamajig. I haven't tried mine yet, and there are some things on supx's list it looks like I need! Batteries...I guess I have been using the wrong ones? I have the aw 2000 18650's.Wish they would get those drip tips back in stock at loki.

Depends on what sort of build you run. The ones x uses are super low mah and won't last long at all. You don't want either of those.

Get some that are at least 2500 mah and are in the safe amp limit of your builds. Purple efest are 20(they say 35 but aren't) amp continuous drain and 2500 mah. It really just depends on what kind of builds you run. But you definitely don't want a low mah battery like those aw's.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Depends on what sort of build you run. The ones x uses are super low mah and won't last long at all. You don't want either of those.

Get some that are at least 2500 mah and are in the safe amp limit of your builds. Purple efest are 20(they say 35 but aren't) amp continuous drain and 2500 mah. It really just depends on what kind of builds you run. But you definitely don't want a low mah battery like those aw's.

:pop:.....

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Let us know how you like the gizmo thingamajig. I haven't tried mine yet, and there are some things on supx's list it looks like I need! Batteries...I guess I have been using the wrong ones? I have the aw 2000 18650's.Wish they would get those drip tips back in stock at loki.

The important thing about buying batteries is to only buy them from reputable sources. There are lots of fake, rewrapped batteries around. Never buy batteries from ebay or Amazon.
RTDvapors and Provape are authorized resellers for AWs.

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK

Couldn't disagree more.
AW 1600 may not last as long as these legendary efest 35A, but at least the AW are proven batteries. Not sure why anyone would trust a company that claims 35A when it is general knowledge they are only 20A. Doesn't add up...

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
MAH is a rating of how long a battery will last all the way 2.5 volts. We only care about how long a battery can hold a voltage above 3.7 volts. Many long run mah batteries sacrifice holding high voltages for run length.

The AW 1600 mah holds voltages above 3.7 longer than the AW 2000mah battery does. Since we change batteries when the voltage is around 3.7 the 1600 mah battery last longer than the 2000mah battery when used in a Reo.

When looking for batteries the most important number is continuous amp draw. This number determines how low an ohm you can safely run. The 1600 also has a higher amp rating than the 2000.

Last edited:

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Couldn't disagree more.
AW 1600 may not last as long as these legendary efest 35A, but at least the AW are proven batteries. Not sure why anyone would trust a company that claims 35A when it is general knowledge they are only 20A. Doesn't add up...

Agreed ignore these claimed pulse ratings, there is not a standard on what that means, only go with continuous AMP load. The AW 1600 is a 24amp continuous load battery.

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Agreed ignore these claimed pulse ratings, there is not standard on what that means, only go with continuous AMP load. The AW 1600 is a 24amp continuous load battery.

This recent practice of rating batteries based on a fictitious 'pulse rating' is disturbing, dishonest, and dangerous.
There is no such thing as 'pulse rating' as an official means of rating batteries. Repeat: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 'PULSE RATING' AS AN OFFICIAL MEANS OF RATING BATTERIES. It's arbitrary, deceptive, fictitious, and dangerous.
The purple Efest 3500s are just one example of this deceptive labeling. There are several recent 'boutique' batteries, 'made for vapers', which are doing the same.

Last edited:

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Here's the run time comparison of the 1600 to the 2000. the 1600 will yield a stronger hit from the start and will last longer from full charge to 3.7 volts.

Bat-L.png

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
IMO the Artistic Wire Coiling Gizmo is way too limited what I can make with it for my uses, so it is not used and wasn't worth the price of admission to me. I'd much rather just use the many different sizes of forms I have in a pin vise or DarkZero style jig, or us luber lock blunt needles, micro screwdriver shanks, hex wrench's, a toothpick, whatever is handy to hand wrap/tension my R and NR-R-NR coils in whatever diameter/gauge/ohm I want them for each of my various rebuildables. YMMV

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
IMO the Artistic Wire Coiling Gizmo is way too limited what I can make with it for my uses, so it is not used and wasn't worth the price of admission to me. I'd much rather just use the many different sizes of forms I have in a pin vise or DarkZero style jig, or us luber lock blunt needles, micro screwdriver shanks, hex wrench's, a toothpick, whatever is handy to hand wrap/tension my R and NR-R-NR coils in whatever diameter/gauge/ohm I want them for each of my various rebuildables. YMMV

Exactly the reason I don't have one. With the Artistic gizmo, you are limited to whatever sizes are in the kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread