Not open for further replies.

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Hello all,

I know this is an old thread, but I really need to know some information. I use 2mm ready wick. I have tried and tried to no avail to use the 2nd to the smallest rod in the gizmo. I have been wrapping my coils around a 5/64 drill bit. Will this work: Kit Kraft inc. :: Model... so I can use my 2mm rxw in it? I am sorry, but I'm not good with measurements. Would the wire hanger work? If so, where can I purchase one nowadays? All I have is plastic.

If you guys can help me, I'd really appreciate it.

Take care,
Dani

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Dani, you have the dexterity. Don't take this wrong, but I'm 77 years old and I have no problem with it. And I tend to shake like crazy at times, LOL! I think you are trying to thread it into the coil wrong. Be sure to cut the RxW at a 45 degree angle. If the wick bunches up on you then you are turning it the wrong way. Just try turning it the opposite direction. Don't let one little fiber catch on the coil.

Come on now, give it another try. The coat hangers I have are all too big for 2mm RxW.

Will this work without the wing nut? Any specifications for that? :eek:
I couldn't find a wingnut around here so I just put a bolt through the loop that stays in place pretty good. I wrap the wire through the loop and then over the bolt to start the coil. Works pretty good. I can't believe more people don't use something like the coil gizmo. After all, we spend so much on all our other gear and the coil winder is so cheap, yet makes perfect coils so easily

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I couldn't find a wingnut around here so I just put a bolt through the loop that stays in place pretty good. I wrap the wire through the loop and then over the bolt to start the coil. Works pretty good. I can't believe more people don't use something like the coil gizmo. After all, we spend so much on all our other gear and the coil winder is so cheap, yet makes perfect coils so easily

That's what I do, too. Just wrap the wire through the loop. I've tried lots of different tools and toys for wrapping coils, and the Coil Gizmo is my favorite. It is permanently affixed to the edge of my desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread