Artistic Wire Coiling Gizmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter Ego

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wild West
For me the Artistic Wire Coiling Gizmo was worth it for the stand itself. I find being able to pull it out and clamp it easily and securely on my desk to be very handy. For my forms I went to Hobbytown and picked up music wire in various sizes for a very reasonable price and made my own, i also cut some short lengths to use when mounting my coils.

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Higher mAh doesn't equal better. I use AW 1600mAh in my REO because I run dual coils @ 0.5Ω. On a fresh battery that's drawing 8.4amps. The AW 2000mAh is only rated 10amps so that's cutting it too close for me.

Anyway...this is way off topic and I'd hate to see another thread closed due to petty arguing

Last edited:

xcrazydx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
United States
Higher mAh doesn't equal better. I use AW 1600mAh in my REO because I run dual coils @ 0.5Ω. On a fresh battery that's drawing 8.4amps. The AW 2000mAh is only rated 10amps so that's cutting it too close for me.

Right, but higher mah with a better discharge curve and adequate amp rating is better. Look around guys, the 1600aw is not the best battery for a reo.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
I bought the art gizmo for under $8 and get perfect coils every time. Considering what I pay for everything else to enjoy my vaping hobby $8 is worth it if I only use the one size and use other devices for smaller wraps.

With that said I use mine all the time and get very consistent coils. Now to look into piano wire and coat hangers.

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area
For me the Artistic Wire Coiling Gizmo was worth it for the stand itself. I find being able to pull it out and clamp it easily and securely on my desk to be very handy. For my forms I went to Hobbytown and picked up music wire in various sizes for a very reasonable price and made my own, i also cut some short lengths to use when mounting my coils.

[emoji651]️This exactly. I only use one of the mandrels that came with the gizmo. I made several of my own in the sizes I use most, and having the short lengths of the same material as the mandrel makes mounting duals much easier.

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Yep, I got piano wire from hobby town and made rods in the micro range. As I found out though, the 2nd smallest rod is just perfect for my needs so I ditched the home bent models :)

Amen, Amen, Amen!!! You tell em Russ cause I sttt, sttu, sttuddder!!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
What hardware do I need to use with this gizmo? M4 wing nut? Also....the other rods aside from the 1/16th are useless. I don't really use 1/16 very much anymore...anyone know where I could get some other sized rods and bend them for this guy?

Hobby Town or anywhere that sells stuff for RC cars and planes should have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread