artistic wire gizmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabfreejon

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
Littleton, Co
I bought one a while ago. For me personally, it was a waste of money.

If you are manually dexterous, then don't bother with it and just stick with drill bits. However, if you struggle with wrapping coils due to joint/muscle problems, then you can clamp the stand to the table and wrap away. In that case, it would probably be a huge help.

dave51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
oklahoma
It was actually $5 at michaels. :) I printed out their 40% off coupon online and just went and bought it. I've seen some people on photos attaching a lugnut to it. I haven't taken out of the box but is this necessary? Will it work just as well without it?

It works with or without it

the nut just holds the end of the wire makeing it easier and faster to wrap

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
Well I went and bought it and just wrapped the wire around the end where it comes together. I made a coil in about 5 seconds which is a record time for me and they are perfectly spaced and perfectly aligned. Previously when doing it on a drill bit, they would start to go a little sideways so I'd say this was perfect for me since they are exactly perfect.

taki1203

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
NorCal
It was actually $5 at michaels. :) I printed out their 40% off coupon online and just went and bought it. I've seen some people on photos attaching a lugnut to it. I haven't taken out of the box but is this necessary? Will it work just as well without it?

Well I went and bought it and just wrapped the wire around the end where it comes together. I made a coil in about 5 seconds which is a record time for me and they are perfectly spaced and perfectly aligned. Previously when doing it on a drill bit, they would start to go a little sideways so I'd say this was perfect for me since they are exactly perfect.

You can also use a piece of tape.
2014-05-27%2015.06.55.jpg

2014-05-27%2015.08.01.jpg

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
I bought one and I am happier than a pig in slop. You can definitely put out some coils with it. I also got the lug net. Works great and saves a little wire also. Just saying!!

I have so much going on lately I haven't had a moment to run to home depot. I'm going to look on amazon. That makes my life a little bit easier. Do you know which lug nut it is?

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Just so happens I still have the Home Depot receipt, LOL. Mach screw, round, SS #6-32X1/2". Wing Nut SS #6-32. Washers-Flat SS #6.
Cost was $3.83. You get multiples of the screw and washer but just one wing nut. Hope this helps. Might be cheaper going to a hardware store. Just saying!!

Since you are in Dallas, I would go the Eliots Hardware.

Last edited:

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
Just so happens I still have the Home Depot receipt, LOL. Mach screw, round, SS #6-32X1/2". Wing Nut SS #6-32. Washers-Flat SS #6.
Cost was $3.83. You get multiples of the screw and washer but just one wing nut. Hope this helps. Might be cheaper going to a hardware store. Just saying!!

Since you are in Dallas, I would go the Eliots Hardware.

Wow that is so awesome thank you! I'll run to home depot. I'm on the other side of town by White Rock Lake so Elliot's is somewhat a trek on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread