Aspire or Kangertech or Sherman Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, ignore the Sherman tanks part. I've been trying to decide what brand and model of tank would suit me if I purchase a Vamo v5. I'm thinking along the lines of Aspire Vivi Nova S, Aspire Nautilus and Mini or Kangertech Protank 2 and mini, Protank 3 mini or Aerotank. Are the Aspire Nautilus tanks that much better ($10 more) than the Kangertech Protank selections? Any huge advantages of double coil or vertical coil over single coil? Will any of the aforementioned do the dishes for me? Is there such a thing as a lobotomyizer tank?

gph61

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
I started with Kanger. Evods then PT2 and mini PT2. They all worked at low voltage but the coils were hit and miss for dry hits right out of the box. It became more miss than hit so I switched to a Beyond Vape Silo with Nautilus BVC.

BVC appears to be a better design. No dry hits, better flavour and at higher voltage. I'd say stay away from PTs and get something with vertical coils.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Toots, I'm stalking you..... :shock: :lol:

I have the Nauti (full and mini) and I recently have added some Kanger PT2s. I rebuild my EVOD coils, so the PT2s give me pyrex and more volume compared to my old EVODs. I like rocking both on my Zmax and my Vamo. I can push the Nauti with higher watts, but the PT coils are virtually free for me now. I think biggest comment - whatever you decide, make sure it's got some form of airflow control. I think you'll really like that :)

Tried every Kanger from the Aerotank v1 up to the Turbo (HORRIBLE tank!). Loved em (except the Turbo lol). Then I tried the Aspire Nautilus w/BVC heads and vowed never to touch or recommend Kanger products again, the difference was night and day! Recently, I picked up a Beyond Vape Silo tank (still using Nautilus BVC heads) and, well, let's just say I'm getting rid of a few Nautilus tanks as gifts now. BV Silo ftmfw!

I don't mind your stalking me, Dingy, as long as you are a pretty woman with good intentions. At the very least a pretty woman. Okay, maybe just a regular ol' woman. Or perhaps a full sized cardboard cutout of what appears to be a woman. All right, anything female. . .

"whatever you decide, make sure it's got some form of airflow control. I think you'll really like that" - How can you say such a thing? You don't even know me. . . yet. . . :)

M4rtin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
New Jersey, USA
Tried every Kanger from the Aerotank v1 up to the Turbo (HORRIBLE tank!). Loved em (except the Turbo lol). Then I tried the Aspire Nautilus w/BVC heads and vowed never to touch or recommend Kanger products again, the difference was night and day! Recently, I picked up a Beyond Vape Silo tank (still using Nautilus BVC heads) and, well, let's just say I'm getting rid of a few Nautilus tanks as gifts now. BV Silo ftmfw!

I have to agree with dime on this. I have the kanger aero mini, kanger aero regular, kanger aero v2, two naultilus full size tanks and the heatvape ceram tank. Last week my silo finally arrived from CA and this tank blows all the other tanks out of the water. To date this is my favorite tank.

Do not get the heatvape ceram, it is a pita for me. Needle fill, there is no way to keep the juice from spilling if you want to pour what is left of your juice in the tank into the bottle without it leaking all over the place. The two tiny o-rings which are under the cap will get lost very easily and the coil itself does not produce the flavor as compared to the bvc coils.

I definitely would recommend the Beyond Vape Silo tank with the Aspire bvc coils. That tank gives better flavor and no matter what airhole size you prefer, it performs and no whistling noise. You can not go wrong with either the silo tank or nautilus tank. But for me the Silo edges over the Nautilus. You also can not beat the look of it. Beautiful design, I am not a manufacturer just a satisfied customer.

gph61

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
I have to agree with dime on this. I have the kanger aero mini, kanger aero regular, kanger aero v2, two naultilus full size tanks and the heatvape ceram tank. Last week my silo finally arrived from CA and this tank blows all the other tanks out of the water. To date this is my favorite tank.

Do not get the heatvape ceram, it is a pita for me. Needle fill, there is no way to keep the juice from spilling if you want to pour what is left of your juice in the tank into the bottle without it leaking all over the place. The two tiny o-rings which are under the cap will get lost very easily and the coil itself does not produce the flavor as compared to the bvc coils.

I definitely would recommend the Beyond Vape Silo tank with the Aspire bvc coils. That tank gives better flavor and no matter what airhole size you prefer, it performs and no whistling noise. You can not go wrong with either the silo tank or nautilus tank. But for me the Silo edges over the Nautilus. You also can not beat the look of it. Beautiful design, I am not a manufacturer just a satisfied customer.
Just for clarity, the Silo takes Nautilus BVC, not Aspire BVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread