Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Much as I love Mom n' Pops, I'm not a fan of their Keswick, if you haven't tried it yet. There IS a coffee flavor to it, certainly, but there's something about it that's entirely not pleasurable as a vape. Their Pchela's Poison is a mocha tasting juice, and that's one of my favorites.

I'm letting the Keswick's steep and hopefully (Possibly) it will improve. Pchela's Poison generally all I do is give it a hot "bath" the day I receive it, then let it steep for a week and it's perfect. Good coffee exhale, nice chocolate initial hit.

MBV has "Morning vape" which I gather is supposed to be a coffee-ish flavor. It's.... not.

You are probably not digging that Kahlua kick it has in the background.

Is there any coffee e-liquid that is like a regular cup of coffee with milk and a touch of sugar? Like at a deli? Like the way most people drink it. Or is everything mocha-cappucino-kona-milkshake-twisted-java-caramel. Can't a guy get a regular cup of coffee?

sorry, maybe i need a vape...

Mom & Pop's Coffee Cream is the closest I have tasted, but i found it to be a little light in the overall flavor. Still pretty good, though.

erawk

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Hyde Park, Vermont
Coming from the coffee industry by profession, heres my take on coffee ejuice....

have you ever brewed a cup of coffee then tried to drink it a day later? It tastes like poop. All the coffee vapes taste like overly sweet caramel or cream or both because they are hiding the bitter stale coffee. True coffee extracts just aren't possible, unless you cold brew them and are prepared to vape them in their entirety within a week; or two at the most.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Is there any coffee e-liquid that is like a regular cup of coffee with milk and a touch of sugar? Like at a deli? Like the way most people drink it. Or is everything mocha-cappucino-kona-milkshake-twisted-java-caramel. Can't a guy get a regular cup of coffee?
Not as a stand-alone flavor. Well, maybe Coffee from Dripeez. It is a mild coffee flavor that is slightly sweet, not particular creamy but there's an easy fix for that. Many of my coffee flavors are on the strong side, and this flavor is light enough that I could vape it all day.

I use Sweet Cream from My Freedom Smokes to add a creamy sweet addition to my plain coffee flavors. I typically add up to 25 - 33% to my coffee vape.

Probably the best flavor for a basic black coffee is Coffee from Copper Creak. Never tastes like burnt coffee grounds, but like a fresh black roasted coffee. I prefer adding the above Sweet Cream to this flavor to make it like the way I like my coffee drink: sweet & creamy.

I also like the coffee's from Virgin Vapors. Liked all of them that I have tried, but I haven't tried the banana flavored ones. One of my all time favorites is the Kona Velvet Milkshake which reminds me of a Starbuck's Carmel or Mocha Frape. This is a semi-sweet, rich, complex flavor that will taste different at different voltage settings. This is the description on VV website:
"This just might be my favorite flavor I've ever created! It's sweet, creamy and buttery with notes of caramel and rum all balanced out by a nice strong shot of Kona espresso! It's so smooth and smells so good."

Two more flavors that I must add are from Vaperite: Kona Cream and Double Espresso. Both are highly aromatic of a coffee shop when you open the bottle and when you vape. Both taste as they sound. Both benefit from a week or two of steeping.

Last edited:

Nightcall

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
USA
Thanks for the suggestions. I've been leaning toward Copper Creek coffee for the next time I buy e-liquid, I saw you recommend it another time. I've wanted to try them as a vendor anyway. Maybe I'll try dripeez too and the cream from MFS suggestion.

I've been meaning to try Tobacco Haze from Mom & Pop so maybe I'll try their coffee too.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I've got some Potion Vape Up and Running and it's not a favorite for me. I'm going back to revisit it again and give it another chance.

My favorite Coffee flavors are from PotionVape

Coffee Addict - its simply perfect coffee~

Up and Running is lovely too , has some amaretto.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
My coffee flavor profile is totally different than yours. I tried Virgin Vapors Kona Velvet Milkshake and Kona Coffee Milkshake and let it steep for weeks. I couldn't vape a whole tank of it. Finally PIF'ed it to someone else. They loved it.

Vaperite - I've tried both Kona Cream and Double Espresso and to me they were meh. I still have them and plan to revisit these again.

Dripeez - Coffee wasn't sweet enough for me so I add some Halo's Kringle Curse and it taste somewhat like Halo's Twisted Java.
Not as a stand-alone flavor. Well, maybe Coffee from Dripeez. It is a mild coffee flavor that is slightly sweet, not particular creamy but there's an easy fix for that. Many of my coffee flavors are on the strong side, and this flavor is light enough that I could vape it all day.

I use Sweet Cream from My Freedom Smokes to add a creamy sweet addition to my plain coffee flavors. I typically add up to 25 - 33% to my coffee vape.

Probably the best flavor for a basic black coffee is Coffee from Copper Creak. Never tastes like burnt coffee grounds, but like a fresh black roasted coffee. I prefer adding the above Sweet Cream to this flavor to make it like the way I like my coffee drink: sweet & creamy.

I also like the coffee's from Virgin Vapors. Liked all of them that I have tried, but I haven't tried the banana flavored ones. One of my all time favorites is the Kona Velvet Milkshake which reminds me of a Starbuck's Carmel or Mocha Frape. This is a semi-sweet, rich, complex flavor that will taste different at different voltage settings. This is the description on VV website:
"This just might be my favorite flavor I've ever created! It's sweet, creamy and buttery with notes of caramel and rum all balanced out by a nice strong shot of Kona espresso! It's so smooth and smells so good."

Two more flavors that I must add are from Vaperite: Kona Cream and Double Espresso. Both are highly aromatic of a coffee shop when you open the bottle and when you vape. Both taste as they sound. Both benefit from a week or two of steeping.

Kropotkin

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Maine
Another vote for Virgin Vapor's Kona Coffee Milkshake. This is perhaps my absolute favorite flavor of all time. Kona Velvet Milkshake is pretty darn scrummy as well, if not especially coffee-ish.

Ahlusions' Kona Kick has a flavor profile similar to Kona Coffee Milkshake, I think, though it seems somewhat less rounded and robust to me.

I prefer Highbrow's baked goods to their coffees, but I have two friends who think Cappuccino Diablo is perfection itself.

Let's see . . . I agree that Copper Creek's Coffee is good, if plain. I think any fan of simple, unflavored coffee would like it.

:)

Every other coffee I've tried so far has been either bland or burnt, but I think I'll try Dripeez next. That Baditude guy really seems to know what he's talking about when it comes to coffee.

UncHellMatt

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Boston
have you ever brewed a cup of coffee then tried to drink it a day later? It tastes like poop.

True story: Someone gave me a bag of coffee which had a language on the package I couldn't identify. He said it was from his "secret stash" of really ultra good stuff. I made a small pot, and oh yes please and thank you! Unbelievably delicious, I mean the BEST cup I've ever had. Went through about half of it torn between not wanting to use it all up too fast, and not wanting it to go stale before I'd enjoyed it all, then decided to try and find out what it was. There were some words in the English alphabet I Googled, and as I typed it in I entered "kopi luwak" and thought I was certain I had read that name before.

I had.

Civet, or "cat poop" coffee...

'Course, didn't stop me from finishing.

ANYway, yeah that sort of day old stale flavor is what I got from M&P's Keswick, and I'm hoping it mellows with time. I think coffee, straight up coffee vape, may be one of those flavors that just doesn't translate well.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I've heard lots of good things about Ahlusion, I will be trying them in the near future. :) What was your favorite from them? The Caramel Capp?

I have not tried ahlusion coffee but I have had their other flav's and they are my number 1 vendor

I will say many rave about Ahlusions, Cafe Au Lait ,Kona kick and kents blend

I don't know about the other 2 but café Au lait is suggested month steep

You can ask others who are more experience with coffee flavs at
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/446286-ahlusion-e-juice-237.html

Sonic Tooth

Jul 30, 2013
NY
I have tried Ahlusion's Kona Kick, and I find it sorta meh...I am disappointed by ho mediocre it is compared to literally all the other superb e-juices I've gotten from them.
The Kona Kick is a dark coffee, not too sweet, and not creamy, sort of bitter, sort of dark-roasty. I know that seems like it should be really good, but it's not really balanced like a real cup of Kona. It's kind of too oily, or stale, or something I just can't put my finger on.

All that said, I do highly recommend anyone and everyone give any of Ahlusion's other liquids a try, I guarantee you will NOT be disappointed.

Also I was going to start my on thread on the best coffee e-juice question (and I still may if this thread doesn't get much further) but I also really would like to hear some opinions on best coffee e-juice.
I'm specifically looking for a normal coffee and cream, that really tastes like coffee with a splash of cream, NOT cappuccino, caramel, tiramisu, starbucks, fru-fru la-la more-dessert-than-coffee e-juice. Does it exist?

So far I like Goodejuice's Coffee and Cream, but it's a bit too sweetened for my tastes as well. Keep the opinions coming people!

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
I'm specifically looking for a normal coffee and cream, that really tastes like coffee with a splash of cream, NOT cappuccino, caramel, tiramisu, starbucks, fru-fru la-la more-dessert-than-coffee e-juice. Does it exist?

Seriously, for straight up cup of coffee... Try liqua. I like it because its plain, good, and especially because there's nothing chemically, boozey, candied, whipped overly sweet or weird about it. Just. Coffee.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Potion Vape makes the most delish Caramel Turtle. I bought it to add to coffee flavors and found that I like it all by itself.

all the ones i have ordered for my wife end up being bad tasting .. even after they age for a while ... she has decided she just wants caramel and forget the coffee part.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
That's supposed to be the most expensive coffee in the world. I'd try it if someone gave me a bag of it.

I'll drink day old coffee, coffee from a vending machine, coffee ice cream, instant coffee, chocolate covered coffee beans, doesn't matter, love the stuff anyway I can get it.

True story: Someone gave me a bag of coffee which had a language on the package I couldn't identify. He said it was from his "secret stash" of really ultra good stuff. I made a small pot, and oh yes please and thank you! Unbelievably delicious, I mean the BEST cup I've ever had. Went through about half of it torn between not wanting to use it all up too fast, and not wanting it to go stale before I'd enjoyed it all, then decided to try and find out what it was. There were some words in the English alphabet I Googled, and as I typed it in I entered "kopi luwak" and thought I was certain I had read that name before.

I had.

Civet, or "cat poop" coffee...

'Course, didn't stop me from finishing.

ANYway, yeah that sort of day old stale flavor is what I got from M&P's Keswick, and I'm hoping it mellows with time. I think coffee, straight up coffee vape, may be one of those flavors that just doesn't translate well.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
Seriously, for straight up cup of coffee... Try liqua. I like it because its plain, good, and especially because there's nothing chemically, boozey, candied, whipped overly sweet or weird about it. Just. Coffee.

Interesting. I have to make a Fasttech order soon, maybe I'll add some Liqua Coffee. Thanks for the recommendation.

LeftHandBlack

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2013
Brighton Co

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I've got some Potion Vape Up and Running and it's not a favorite for me. I'm going back to revisit it again and give it another chance.

Wow, I had the same experience. I have Up and Running, and Coffee addict. Quite honestly I don't taste much difference between the two. Both (and most coffees I've tried) have a weird fruity undertone that's just not right for a coffee.

I've tried Halo's Cafe Mocha, Virgin Vapor Organic Turkish Coffee and Kona Velvet Milkshake, Indigo's Five Bucks, and the two Potion Vapes coffees above. For me, probably the closest to a real coffee flavor has been the Halo. I really like the Virgin Vapor KVM and Indigo's Five Bucks, but the other 3 are not going to be reorders for me.

I agree with the posters who are looking for a good, strong, quality simple coffee with cream and sugar. No frappe, no caramel machiatto, or mocha. Still on the hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread