Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Michigan
I am referring to the flavors and not necessarily PG or VG. Read this About Us and let me know what your interpretation is.

The wording was unclear to me, and did not specifically answer the question, but I did see how the "natural" conclusion could be drawn. So I opened a ticket and asked. I asked specifically if all or any of Ahl eliquids are "all natural" and if so, specifically which ones contain no artificial flavorings.

I just got a detailed reply from Wlad today.
To summarize it, without posting the email which is against ECF rules, he said that the answer is No, there are none that are all natural. They all contain artificial flavoring components.
But to not get hung up on that, because artificial flavoring does not mean harmful, and is too often associated with harmful chemicals.
He went on to explain that what he specifically stays away from are artificial colors, sweeteners that have been proven to be "no good", and commercially available organic flavors which have been proven hard to vape because they clog wicks and coils and are also harder to break down through vaping.
(This may be why the NETs went away. ?)

In short, the answer was no to all natural, and artificial flavors are actually better, and the components are more identifiable. He said he would personally rather vape eliquids with artificial components than natural.

So there's the answer, hope it clears up some misconceptions or wrong assumptions we got from what is implied on the website.

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
thanks for all your work there Mia-good to know
The wording was unclear to me, and did not specifically answer the question, but I did see how the "natural" conclusion could be drawn. So I opened a ticket and asked. I asked specifically if all or any of Ahl eliquids are "all natural" and if so, specifically which ones contain no artificial flavorings.

I just got a detailed reply from Wlad today.
To summarize it, without posting the email which is against ECF rules, he said that the answer is No, there are none that are all natural. They all contain artificial flavoring components.
But to not get hung up on that, because artificial flavoring does not mean harmful, and is too often associated with harmful chemicals.
He went on to explain that what he specifically stays away from are artificial colors, sweeteners that have been proven to be "no good", and commercially available organic flavors which have been proven hard to vape because they clog wicks and coils and are also harder to break down through vaping.
(This may be why the NETs went away. ?)

In short, the answer was no to all natural, and artificial flavors are actually better, and the components are more identifiable. He said he would personally rather vape eliquids with artificial components than natural.

So there's the answer, hope it clears up some misconceptions or wrong assumptions we got from what is implied on the website.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I felt ambitious so I put together a basic review of lemon flavors I have tried. In no particular order. And no rankings, but you can tell the ones I really like :blush:

Strix Elixers – Mad Batter
You’re going to be late for a very important date if you don’t Mad Batter. Cake Battery goodness with lemon zest. Close your eyes and picture fluffy lemon cake. That's Mad Batter.
ME: YECK!! Where’s the cake? Just a big shot of funky lemon

Clouds of Hope – Hero
Giant Vapes: Fresh baked, sweet lemon pound cake, drizzled with a bitter sweet, sugary citrus glaze.
Ejuices.com: This freshly made, sweet lemon pound cake will melt in your mouth! Lose yourself in the abyss of candied lemon slices and bittersweet glazed topping.
ME: Like. Key word is POUND cake – not a light yellow cake or vanilla cake. Lemon is forward but not too sweet or tart; blends well with the pound cake. I think of pound cake as a heavier cake, but this is flavorful without taking over.

Clouds of Icarus – Lemon Bar
Ejuices.com: Lemon Bar Covered with Fresh Powdered Sugar.
ME: OK Key word here is lemon BAR. Like a brownie is “heavier” than a chocolate cake, the bar kind of takes over. It is a pleasant lemon, but overall a heavy flavor.

Ahlusion - Lemon Vanilla Cake
Light lemon and warm vanilla cake combine to make this delicious flavor.
ME: YUM!!!!!! Exactly as described. The lemon is light but blends well with the vanilla cake. A lighter flavor, good all around!

Sleeping Dragon Vapor – Lemony Spunket
Just like the Lemon Bars Grandma used to make. This smooth and well balanced blend of Creamy Lemon and Pie Crust will keep the lemon head in you coming back for more all day.
ME: YUM!!! Although this is described as a lemon BAR, it is not a heavy flavor like Clouds of Icarus is. The cakey bar flavor blends well with a well defined lemon.

Beantown – Lemonem
Giant Vapes: Beantown Vapor has knocked it out of the park once again. Remember the glazed lemon sugar cookies your mom used to make for you? Yeah. It’s like that. Exactly like that. Maybe the most accurate, true-to-life dessert e-liquid ever created, Lemonem is a 100% spot-on glazed lemon sugar cookie. You’ll swear you’re biting into one with every puff. Did we mention that it’s accurate and true to taste? Because it’s accurate and true to taste. Like, fo’ reals.
ME:Good key word here is COOKIE. More like a crispy cookie than a cake flavor. Well balanced, lemon is there without being overpowering.

Perfect 10 – Lemon Pie
Vapor Craze: Lemon Pie
ME: VERY GOOD Not much of a description, but a very nice creamy lemon pie flavor. A creamy lemon, with a hint of pie crust (not graham). Not too sweet, but with a sweetness that adds to the flavor. The problem is only available in 10ml bottles. I got this in a Black Friday sale - buy one flavor and get the whole line. So 60ml of juice for $6 (plus a few bucks shipping) was worth it!!

P.O.E.T. – Nonne Torte Al Limone
Giant Vapes: Sweet, rich, and moist cake with lemon notes that are balanced to perfection as not to overpower your taste buds.
Ejuices.com: Sweet and savory lemon cake.
ME: YUM!!!!! More of a yellow cake than the vanilla cake from Ahlusion or Ethervapes. This is a sweeter flavor with lemon forward. Nice balance; the sweetness is not over powering.

Ethervapes – Lemon Heaven
A mouth watering blend of creamy vanilla cake and zesty lemon topped of with hints of graham cracker. Every flavor is allowed to shine in this fantastic blend from the creamy vanillas and light cake to the zesty lemon and wonderful graham cracker.
ME: YUM!!!! I really like this one too. Upon request, Vash boosted the lemon to make it a very pleasant vanilla cake with lemon. The cake is a little more pronounced than Ahlusion’s, but still a very nice balance and very flavorful.

So it really depends on if you like a cakey lemon, or a bar cookie lemon, or a cookie lemon. Several I like a lot, but even of those each is very different. Just depends on the mood and what else I have been vaping.

JMHO!

Last edited:

cores

Verified Member
Dec 24, 2014
I felt ambitious so I put together a basic review of lemon flavors I have tried. In no particular order. And no rankings, but you can tell the ones I really like :blush:

Strix Elixers – Mad Batter
You’re going to be late for a very important date if you don’t Mad Batter. Cake Battery goodness with lemon zest. Close your eyes and picture fluffy lemon cake. That's Mad Batter.
ME: YECK!! Where’s the cake? Just a big shot of funky lemon

Clouds of Hope – Hero
Giant Vapes: Fresh baked, sweet lemon pound cake, drizzled with a bitter sweet, sugary citrus glaze.
Ejuices.com: This freshly made, sweet lemon pound cake will melt in your mouth! Lose yourself in the abyss of candied lemon slices and bittersweet glazed topping.
ME: Like. Key word is POUND cake – not a light yellow cake or vanilla cake. Lemon is forward but not too sweet or tart; blends well with the pound cake. I think of pound cake as a heavier cake, but this is flavorful without taking over.

Clouds of Icarus – Lemon Bar
Ejuices.com: Lemon Bar Covered with Fresh Powdered Sugar.
ME: OK Key word here is lemon BAR. Like a brownie is “heavier” than a chocolate cake, the bar kind of takes over. It is a pleasant lemon, but overall a heavy flavor.

Ahlusion - Lemon Vanilla Cake
Light lemon and warm vanilla cake combine to make this delicious flavor.
ME: YUM!!!!!! Exactly as described. The lemon is light but blends well with the vanilla cake. A lighter flavor, good all around!

Sleeping Dragon Vapor – Lemony Spunket
Just like the Lemon Bars Grandma used to make. This smooth and well balanced blend of Creamy Lemon and Pie Crust will keep the lemon head in you coming back for more all day.
ME: YUM!!! Although this is described as a lemon BAR, it is not a heavy flavor like Clouds of Icarus is. The cakey bar flavor blends well with a well defined lemon.

Beantown – Lemonem
Giant Vapes: Beantown Vapor has knocked it out of the park once again. Remember the glazed lemon sugar cookies your mom used to make for you? Yeah. It’s like that. Exactly like that. Maybe the most accurate, true-to-life dessert e-liquid ever created, Lemonem is a 100% spot-on glazed lemon sugar cookie. You’ll swear you’re biting into one with every puff. Did we mention that it’s accurate and true to taste? Because it’s accurate and true to taste. Like, fo’ reals.
ME:Good key word here is COOKIE. More like a crispy cookie than a cake flavor. Well balanced, lemon is there without being overpowering.

Perfect 10 – Lemon Pie
Vapor Craze: Lemon Pie
ME: VERY GOOD Not much of a description, but a very nice creamy lemon pie flavor. A creamy lemon, with a hint of pie crust (not graham). Not too sweet, but with a sweetness that adds to the flavor. The problem is only available in 10ml bottles. I got this in a Black Friday sale - buy one flavor and get the whole line. So 60ml of juice for $6 (plus a few bucks shipping) was worth it!!

P.O.E.T. – Nonne Torte Al Limone
Giant Vapes: Sweet, rich, and moist cake with lemon notes that are balanced to perfection as not to overpower your taste buds.
Ejuices.com: Sweet and savory lemon cake.
ME: YUM!!!!! More of a yellow cake than the vanilla cake from Ahlusion or Ethervapes. This is a sweeter flavor with lemon forward. Nice balance; the sweetness is not over powering.

Ethervapes – Lemon Heaven
A mouth watering blend of creamy vanilla cake and zesty lemon topped of with hints of graham cracker. Every flavor is allowed to shine in this fantastic blend from the creamy vanillas and light cake to the zesty lemon and wonderful graham cracker.
ME: YUM!!!! I really like this one too. Upon request, Vash boosted the lemon to make it a very pleasant vanilla cake with lemon. The cake is a little more pronounced than Ahlusion’s, but still a very nice balance and very flavorful.

So it really depends on if you like a cakey lemon, or a bar cookie lemon, or a cookie lemon. Several I like a lot, but even of those each is very different. Just depends on the mood and what else I have been vaping.

JMHO!

Hi clnire! Great review! If you could pick only two to keep, which would they be?

Last edited:

cores

Verified Member
Dec 24, 2014
Cores
I think you should try Ahlusion's Lemon Vanilla Cake. If you are a Lemon Bakery lover it is a must try! :)

Chanelvaps, I finally got to order Ahlusions Lemon Vanilla Cake, Lemon Cream and Zing on their 30% sale. Been looking forward to trying these for a while now!

Im still crushing bottles of TPR LCP (50/50). I vape ridiculous amounts of this juice. Still buying 2 jumbo bottles of it every week. Tried the 70/30 too, but it just didn't have the same appeal for me that the 50/50 does.

Last edited:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Hi clnire! Great review! If you could pick only two to keep, which would they be?
It's hard to pick just a top 2. See the YUMs in my review. Each YUM is good in its own way. I guess right now I woud have to say, in no particular order

Ahlusion Lemon Vanilla Cake
Ethervapes Lemon Heaven
P. O. E. T Lemon (can never remember the whole name)
Sleeping Dragon Vapor Lemony Spunket

4 I will keep around

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I have finally tried the four different lemon eliquids I have. Based on my palate here are my results.

AiV Lemon Loves Cake – I tried this after a two week and decided it needed to steep long. After a four week steep this one tasted like a delicate slightly buttery cake on the inhale with the lemon on the exhale. Out of all the lemon flavors I tried, this tasted more like a real lemon. It has a subtle zesty/tang and other times it did not. I enjoyed this one because of the naturaly tasting flavors.

EV Lemon Dreams – This one drove me somewhat crazy. After a two week steep on the inhale I felt like the graham cracker wanted to take over the cake and boot it out. The lemon on the exhale was nice and appeared similar to the lemon in AHL Lemon Vanilla Cake. I decided to let this steep longer because of the graham cracker. After a total of six week steep, the graham cracker won out and the cake is just about gone. The lemon seemed to have subsided as well. Possibly too much graham crackers was used in this flavor that it just took over for me. As a side note the eliquid came in a very rigid plastic bottle. It was hard and stiff that I could not squeeze the eliquid out plus the drip tip was tiny so getting any drops out took forever. I finally had to remove the drip tip. In previous orders from EV the bottle was much easier to squeeze so hopefully Vash will go back to the old style bottles. My version of Lemon Dreams had the no throat hit nicotine version.

AHL Lemon Vanilla Cake. I tried this after a two week steep. It is plesantly sweet and I can taste the lemon. Tried again yesterday and the flavor did not change. Very consistent over time.

P.O.E.T. Limone – Really tasty lemon cake however it was too sweet for me and as a result I could not vape this for any length of time. I did get the artibacco flavor initially however this steeped out quickly.

I think I may need to try Spunket.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Good Reviews. Although not everyone knows who EV (Ether Vapes) is. I think you should try Lemonem by Beantown and I hear great things about Lemon Spunk by Sleeping Dragon
I have finally tried the four different lemon eliquids I have. Based on my palate here are my results.

AiV Lemon Loves Cake – I tried this after a two week and decided it needed to steep long. After a four week steep this one tasted like a delicate slightly buttery cake on the inhale with the lemon on the exhale. Out of all the lemon flavors I tried, this tasted more like a real lemon. It has a subtle zesty/tang and other times it did not. I enjoyed this one because of the naturaly tasting flavors.

EV Lemon Dreams – This one drove me somewhat crazy. After a two week steep on the inhale I felt like the graham cracker wanted to take over the cake and boot it out. The lemon on the exhale was nice and appeared similar to the lemon in AHL Lemon Vanilla Cake. I decided to let this steep longer because of the graham cracker. After a total of six week steep, the graham cracker won out and the cake is just about gone. The lemon seemed to have subsided as well. Possibly too much graham crackers was used in this flavor that it just took over for me. As a side note the eliquid came in a very rigid plastic bottle. It was hard and stiff that I could not squeeze the eliquid out plus the drip tip was tiny so getting any drops out took forever. I finally had to remove the drip tip. In previous orders from EV the bottle was much easier to squeeze so hopefully Vash will go back to the old style bottles. My version of Lemon Dreams had the no throat hit nicotine version.

AHL Lemon Vanilla Cake. I tried this after a two week steep. It is plesantly sweet and I can taste the lemon. Tried again yesterday and the flavor did not change. Very consistent over time.

P.O.E.T. Limone – Really tasty lemon cake however it was too sweet for me and as a result I could not vape this for any length of time. I did get the artibacco flavor initially however this steeped out quickly.

I think I may need to try Spunket.

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
Snip...

P.O.E.T. Limone – Really tasty lemon cake however it was too sweet for me and as a result I could not vape this for any length of time. I did get the artibacco flavor initially however this steeped out quickly....

My thoughts exactly, way too sweet for me. I didn't even finish the 15ml that I bought, threw it out before it was half used up...

Can confirm, Captain Roger's Scurvy Dog is really quite good. The lemon flavor is sweet and tangy, reminding me of a Meyer lemon! I've had other lemon pastry flavors, my favorite being MBV Lemon Bar, but none with so nice of a lemon flavor.

The store I bought it at claimed it was lemon poundcake, but I've seen it described as lemon pie and lemon cheesecake elsewhere. I emailed the brand and they confirmed that it's lemon poundcake, which is what it tastes like to me. Good butter and cake flavor, not so much of a creamy vape.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
My thoughts exactly, way too sweet for me. I didn't even finish the 15ml that I bought, threw it out before it was half used up...

I bought a 30 ml bottle. Sent some to a friend of mine and he too did not care for it. I still have around 3/4s of the bottle left - will be heading south too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread