Blu disposables

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXSHOTDOWNXx

May 1, 2012
Illinois
I am a big fan. As far as their kit goes, not so much unfortunately. I have been a vaper for a little over a year now. I was able to stay away from analogs for a few months in the beginning but with the start of a new job I quickly caved. Since going back to analogs I have still been a vapor and while not at work am able to happily go without cigs. As to the Blu disposables, I love all but 2 things about them:
1. Cost - I vape WAY too much to afford $20 per day in disposables along with a pack of cigs.
2. Battery life - which is why I invested in the kit not knowing the details. I figured it would be just as the disposables but being able to charge the batteries. I was mistaken lol

So all and all, I am a firm believer that if I were able to conquer these two problems I would be able to, once again, get rid of analogs. My thoughts are that I am going to build my own kit with your help that will as closely resemble the blu disposables as possible. My initial thoughts are a black 280mah 510 auto battery with blue led, boge SR standard size cartomizer, and some of Johnsons Creek Smoke juice. Not sure on where to get a reliable battery though, most are junk.

Thank you all in advance and please, if may, do not advise a different PV. With my time I have tried and owned many PV's from basic cig style batteries, sd keyring, kgos, egos, vv, the bolt, cartos, atties, and a variety of many tanks as well. I don't know what it is about the Blu disposable, probably the taste and the simplicity, but I feel it will be my best bet.

Please help me build this kit!

=]

Last edited:

RVLT

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
NY
I also got into vaping with a Blu disposable but I've never used the kit, I was interested in it until I found out there were better/cheaper alternatives. I think the Joye 510 auto battery is probably your best bet. Look through the vendor section on this site, I'm sure you'll find many that carry it. I use an ego and still use my 510's once in a while, I like to put the small dual carto tank on it, looks weird but works great, that way I don't have to refill the carto so much. I use a manual 510, so I don't really know how the DCT will work with the auto, but since it's a carto I think it should be no problem air still draws up through the bottom.

My 510-t kit cost me $39 bucks but can be found for much less, I only bought it cause I didn't want to buy a pack of smokes and they accepted paypal and this was before I found out paypal drinks the Haterade. You probably wont use the attys and tanks so just go with individual batteries, which can be found for around $8-10.

Good Luck!

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
mqdefault.jpg

Is all I have to say...

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
For the most part it's the atomizer that does most of the work. For a regular 510 battery, I haven't tried many but I liked the Fin. It helps you can grab a starter kit at Wal Mart for about $12.00 (1 battery, 1 carto, 1 charger). Grab some quality cartos and vape away.

I really, really like the Sidesho, but that's another mini like the Blu. Cheaper price and the cartos and atties are 2.2 ohms.

Good luck to you.

xXSHOTDOWNXx

May 1, 2012
Illinois
1. The batteries in the kit are not as strong as the disposables. The vapor amount is far from the same. Not as thick or filling as the disposables, as well, there is not as much flavor.
2. The draw is very tight. The upside to the lack of power is a longer draw before the battery shuts off but being a toght draw it is just too much of an effort to get a good hit. The disposables are quite efft ortless with a good amount of thick and tasteful vapor.
3. Not being so much of a big deal because of the pcc, the batteries are constantly dieing so I had to constantly swap cartos.

EricDykstra

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,il
I second the eRoll. I quit smoking using Blu, and just switched to the Joyetech Eroll. They are about the same size

You do have plan ahead. The eRoll is not as convenient,as the Blu. You cannot run to the corner store to buy juice, and you have carry extra items like juice and/or tanks. The battery life is much better than Blu and you don't have the problem of bad cartridges. You have to really consider what is the larger factor for you. You will have the Blu as a back-up.

xXSHOTDOWNXx

May 1, 2012
Illinois
Wow, the Smoov e cig seems to be very nice. Black, auto, and with a blue led. The 78mm has a big capicity, for it's size, of 320mah. Also, it has a constant 3.7v power output with a 6 second cutoff meaning the same hit each and every time. As well, the auto batteries are sealed, although, being an 808. Very much liked. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please, keep your suggestions coming.

After some figuring, this brand seems slightly on the pricy side. If anyone else has had any use if this product, please give me your imput. Is the quality worth the money?

Last edited:

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
The eroll is a very nice looking setup. The way the made the led tip is very nice and as a good power output of 3.7v. The only downfall I see is a small capacity of 90mah meaning swapping cartos constantly. The pcc is a plus to the capacity though. Will definitely think more on this.

The pcc is so easy to use you don't have to worry about your battery dying honestly. Take 10-20 puffs til satisfied and return to case. Always charged when you need it. The erolls downfall is the small tank capacity, about 70-80 puffs. At 2-3 mil a day I carrying 6 tanks or filling 6 times a day. The device itself gives a solid consistent vape tho, worth the trade off vs the cart systems. I went from v2 cigs to that which are very similar to the blu. Tho I do use bigger stuff a bit now as I get more into the world of vaping. I really enjoy my ego c and my vapeonly bcc on a kgo, and I'm looking into an evic provari or nice mech as well. That's the best part about vaping, so many options and a lot of them are satisfying

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Wow, the Smoov e cig seems to be very nice. Black, auto, and with a blue led. The 78mm has a big capicity, for it's size, of 320mah. Also, it has a constant 3.7v power output with a 6 second cutoff meaning the same hit each and every time. As well, the auto batteries are sealed, although, being an 808. Very much liked. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please, keep your suggestions coming.

After some figuring, this brand seems slightly on the pricy side. If anyone else has had any use if this product, please give me your imput. Is the quality worth the money?

If you're huge on the kr808 check out kangers esmart, the clearos work on any 808 and I use one with my old v2 bats sometimes, and the esmart bats are pretty robust at 350ma. The manual factor may be a killer for you tho. Another really solid 808 is the volt. Those are my best 808 recommendations

schotzky

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Kansas
I work at a smoke shop where I sell people PV's all day. We have Blu disposables and the kit, among Ego 510's and Ego C's. If a person is curious about vaping I suggest they buy a disposable Blu to see if they even like it. And if they want to up grade I show them the Ego's. Honestly, I would point you toward an Ego if you are looking for something not too expensive that is going to perform decently. IMO the Ego is easy to maintain for a reasonable price. For a 5 pack of blue cartos its $14.99, which is ridiculous. There are tons of websites with little Ego-C and Ego 510 kits for decent prices. Just to think of a few: The Best US E-Liquid Made | DFWvapor.com, The Best US E-Liquid Made! Best Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com. Google Ego kits and you will find a ton of results.
Here's a double kit for 70 bucks, and comes with everything you would need, besides juice. I'm sure you could find a better deal some where though. Joyetech eGo-C Starter Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com
Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread