brand new

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprague67

Apr 3, 2014
Waterloo, IA
Just joined the site today, I have found a lot of useful information on here so far. Received my Halo Triton last Friday, and have not had a tobacco cigarette in 6 days! Any advice or tops would be appreciated, I've already started looking into other set ups and amazed how many there are and the amount of customization. Any thoughts on a slightly more advanced interchangeable setup? I see that a 510 threaded battery would give me more tank options. Love the Halo and it's simplicity, so would be looking at something easy to maintain.

Thanks,
Todd

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of vaping! Glad it's going so well for you, and I wish you continued success. Yes, you would have more options as far as tanks, clearomizers, etc. if you go with something that has 510 or ego threading. I don't have the Triton, but I know lots of folks use it and like it a lot.

The current favorite here on the boards seems to be the MVP 2, for an upgrade. It is a smaller box style device and gives you a lot of bang for the buck. It has amazing battery life and will last 2 days without charging, which lots of folks just love. You can find it for around $40 lots of places. Here is one:

VapingME.com presents the Innokin MPV USB APV

This is a reliable vendor and they are registered here. If you use the code ECF at checkout, you will get 10% off, which is a pretty good deal.

opfor

Apr 3, 2014
Boston
I have been using KR808 models from Bloog (to start) and I just picked up a 510 model. I like the cigarette size, and just re-use blank cartomizers with my liquid. The 510 has a clearomizer that I prefer in some ways (ease of use) but don't in others (eliq tastes different). Not sure if you're already decided, but I like the smaller options instead of the larger cigar sized models.

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
Welcome to the ECF. Plenty of pros to point you in the right direction. :)

Protank 2's in my opinion are great, but leaking is very common. The Vision Vivi Nova (or Mini Vivi Nova) is almost leak proof, but may be a little harsher than the PT2. But I still use mine almost exclusively. Cheap refill coils, and very dependable. You can always stick it back for a spare if you're not satisfied, but make sure you get the "Vision" brand. The refills are different. :2c:

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Looks like a great deal! I think for now though, I would like to stick with something more in the 'pen' style that is easier to transport in my pocket. Love that I can fit 2 full Tritons in the Johnson Creek Vea case that I ordered. I'm on the go a lot, so a bigger device isn't for me right now :s

I totally understand. I'm retired and my time is my own these days, so the form factor doesn't matter so much to me. I do have a couple of "pen style" ego set ups that I can easily throw in my purse when I'm out and about though. They were what I started with, and I still use them as back ups.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Made a quit smoking banner, where do I put the code so it shows up? Thanks!

You have to have 15 posts to add a banner to your signature. When you get the 15, wait for the server to reset at 25 mins past the hour. Then go up top to settings, then on the left you will see edit signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread