Cartridges and Cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

goober

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
PA
After some research and some discussion on this forum - I have decided to go with the Mega T Rex Kit for my first E-Cig. However, I am having a hard time figuring out which extra parts to get because I am scared of compatibility issues. Some people here have told me to get some extra cartos but I do not know which ones are compatible with the T-rex model. I know you guys will be able to give me some great answers as you guys have already done so far.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Boge 510 cartomizers

Learn on the standard resistance ones (around 3 ohms)

After that you may want to try the hotter LR 2.0 Boges and experiment with something more exotic like reservoir cartos that need a syringe like CE3 Smokymizers.

But Boge are most popular.

And remember to buy a drip tip - if T-rex comes with a slim 510-style atty then a 510 drip tip will work for testing juices. And if you buy a plastic or delrin one, it should also fit in a Boge carto as a comfortable mouthpiece (but not to drip into)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
As far as atomizer cartridges go - not likely you will need more than 5 ever. Cartridges are just not a great way to vape. And they can be restuffed and reused for a long time (if they are standard 510 carts, strictlyejuice sells precut blue foam stuffing). I use a drip tip for testing juices and vaping juices that didn't earn cartos or juices that are thicker than i will put in cartos. Cartridges may make sense while you try to find juices you really like. My main favorite vapes which are thin fairly clear light juices (so they don't drop carto-clogging flavoring sediment) go in cartomizers.

This is how I fill cartos. After you do it once it will be easy.
----
How I fill Vapor4Life KR8 cartos and Boge 510 cartos

Pop out the soft cap with an unbent paperclip in the mouth hole, very careful not to catch stuffing or the wire loop.
Shake and open the eliquid
Hold a bit of tissue on the threaded end hole, tilt the carto, and add 18 drops per ml of capacity into the stuffing (Boges and most KR8 cartos are about 1ml).
Wait 15 seconds or so then see how many more drops the carto stuffing will soak in easily.
Clean up the threaded end, tilt open end down into tissue, puff into threaded end to clear air channel (Boges and the KR8 cartos I use have a defined center air channel and I want to see light through that)
Sop up any loose juice above the stuffing
Cap and let it settle - I lay it on different sides for 15-20 minutes to make sure every bit of stuffing gets damp so I won't singe the carto. if you use thicker juice than me (I use 20% Vg or less) then you may need to wait much longer.

While vaping, if the vapor gets a bit light or a bit dry or the carto is getting hotter than normal, I take the carto off the battery and add eliquid. I sometimes use a plastic or delrin drip tip as a mouthpiece on Boge and KR8 cartos (not to drip into since the juice would head for the central air channel)

goober

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
PA
Thats good stuff. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I just finalized my order for a Mega-Trex, 5xboge cartomizers, and a 30ml 24mg VG Cherry Coke flavor. xD I'm excited. I want to learn everything about these neat toys so I can start modding and doing other fun things. Anyways thanks to all of you that has helped me get started on my adventure! :D

hamman

Moved On
Sep 7, 2011
No 46 Xin Xi MidRoad
  • Deleted by Timtam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread