chills, shakes trouble sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
Today is day 9 for me. I have smoked from 2-5 analogs (3 most days) per day in addition to vaping my Ego-T big tank (type B). I smoked at least 1 1/2 packs of Pall Mall Light 100's or L&M light 100's prior to vaping. They now refer to both these as "blue" not lights.

I have searched and read about withdrawal symptoms. I wonder which would apply since I am still getting nicotine. I guess just the chemical withdrawal would be more accurate.

I am posting to be sure my symtoms seem to be from withdrawal and not that I am vaping too much.

I have a general feeling of happiness ad cheerfulness, but I do have anxiety and jitters. I wake up with chills and jitters, but no sweating. I am only sleeping about 4-5 hours per night. I have no headaches, no nausea, no dizziness, no muscle aches.

The fact that I wake-up with the chills after not vaping for a few hours makes me worry that I am vaping too much while awake and I'm experiencing withdrawals from not vaping for the 4-5 hours I sleep. I hope it is just withdrawals from the chemicals in the cigs. When I smoked analogs and would sleep 6-8 hours, I never woke up with chills or jitters.

I am vaping 18mg juice. I have the Type B tank for my Ego-T. I use at least 2 of these per day, but I don't run them dry at all so it is not a full 1.8 X's 2. Sometimes, I have done 3 tanks.

I am trying to just use it softly part of the time. Not take into my lungs, just chew on the end a little, quick puffs in and out etc., to try and reduce the actual nicotine I may be getting, in case that is the problem.

Thank you!

P.S. I like holding and using the e-cig more not less. I need the physical. When I smoked I would smoke 1/2 cigs a lot, then light it again a few minutes later. So more activity than if I amoked a whole one every time.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
From the amount of juice your describing you use, I doubt if it's due to vaping. Especially since tanks are real juice hogs. When I was using tanks I used double the amount of juice as I used in cartos. So you aren't vaping all that much. I'm not a doctor but it's probably withdraws. You could vape a juice with less nicotine in the evening to see if it helps, or just wait and see if the symptoms subside a bit.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
The fact that you are vaping 3+ mls of juice and smoking a few analogs may mean you are getting too much nicotine, but it that doesn't seem like an excessive amount. I'm no health professional, though, so see a doctor if you feel you need to. One thing I did want to mention is that the nicotine in vapor is primarily absorbed through your mucus membranes, so not inhaling really isn't cutting down your intake that much.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
It's really difficult to tell exactly how much juice you use. As I said I used juice like it was going out of style with the tank. Way, way more than with cartos and from everything I've read on the board it's not just me. I used double with tanks. The Go-go carto holds 3 ml of juice. How much of that you vape and how much is simply absorbed into the carto is anyone's guess. When I fill a regular boge carto, I fill it with about 30 drops (I think they hold around 1- 1.5 ml juice, I forget). Anyway, when I refill it, the most that's ever possible to add is around 10 drops- tops. Where are the other 20 drops?

Cartos are a little like paint rollers, even if you have to add juice there is still a lot of juice in there. Or that's what I assume. Probably the best indication of how much juice would be the tank, but they do use a lot of juice, or just average it out over time.

Regardless. I think you're probably vaping about 1.5 - 2 ml with the tanks. That's probably considered a low average if you look at the polls.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
You could try vaping a juice with a higher nicotine level and see if you vape less. If I vape lower nicotine juice, I vape more. I vape 24 mg. (sometimes 30) and vape probably around 1 - 1.5 ml a juice a day. Conversely, if you want to vape all day, maybe lower your nicotine level.

Since you're new, I wouldn't worry about it so much at this point. If it makes you queasy, cut back a bit. Just get into the groove of vaping. Eventually I'm sure you'll drop the couple analogs (I did), find the right juice in the right nicotine strength and you'll be a happy camper!

I never got chills, I did get a little queasy sometimes when I first started and my sleeping was erratic. I chalked it up to detoxing from all the cigs. All that pretty much went away after a few weeks and I felt great.

Zingster

Oct 5, 2010
Canada
Today is day 9 for me. I have smoked from 2-5 analogs (3 most days) per day in addition to vaping my Ego-T big tank (type B). I smoked at least 1 1/2 packs of Pall Mall Light 100's or L&M light 100's prior to vaping. They now refer to both these as "blue" not lights.

I have searched and read about withdrawal symptoms. I wonder which would apply since I am still getting nicotine. I guess just the chemical withdrawal would be more accurate.

I am posting to be sure my symtoms seem to be from withdrawal and not that I am vaping too much.

I have a general feeling of happiness ad cheerfulness, but I do have anxiety and jitters. I wake up with chills and jitters, but no sweating. I am only sleeping about 4-5 hours per night. I have no headaches, no nausea, no dizziness, no muscle aches.

The fact that I wake-up with the chills after not vaping for a few hours makes me worry that I am vaping too much while awake and I'm experiencing withdrawals from not vaping for the 4-5 hours I sleep. I hope it is just withdrawals from the chemicals in the cigs. When I smoked analogs and would sleep 6-8 hours, I never woke up with chills or jitters.

I am vaping 18mg juice. I have the Type B tank for my Ego-T. I use at least 2 of these per day, but I don't run them dry at all so it is not a full 1.8 X's 2. Sometimes, I have done 3 tanks.

I am trying to just use it softly part of the time. Not take into my lungs, just chew on the end a little, quick puffs in and out etc., to try and reduce the actual nicotine I may be getting, in case that is the problem.

Thank you!

P.S. I like holding and using the e-cig more not less. I need the physical. When I smoked I would smoke 1/2 cigs a lot, then light it again a few minutes later. So more activity than if I amoked a whole one every time.

Once you get used to vaping, your craving for tobacco will diminish to the point where you just can't stand the taste of real cigarettes. You may enjoy the great taste of RY#4.

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com
I have a Go-Go coming in. Do you think it should use less juice and maybe I will see that it is not so much?

The nicotine hits me harder on my GoGo. I will be cutting down to 16 next juice order.

Since the GoGo holds 3ml it will be interesting to see if you are actually using 3 a day.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Some people vape lower nic in the evening, some vape extra (more drags, longer time) before bed. I vape extra before bed. Depends on the person. The jumpy sleeplessness IMO could be from too much nic, too little, or the chemicals of cigs getting out of your system.

One thing that made my mornings and evenings easier was to buy a totally spare battery. I found it very stressful and disruptive to disassemble my ecig at before bed. Now, about an hour or two before before I put every on to charge and take my overnight battery off the charger. I leave my ecig set up all night.

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
What is the best way for me to sort through it to determine if too much nic or too little? I don't have headaches and other signs of too much nic. I'm pretty sure the trouble sleeping could be too much nic or withdrawal from chemicals in cigs. I guess it could be too little nic, too?

The chills and jitters stay with me for anywhere from 30 mins to a few hours after waking, although they do decrease dramatically. One of the cigs I smoke is upon waking. Then I move on to e-cig.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Well.. The operative test is to quit vaping, (and go back to 100% cigs), even for a few days. See if it subsides. Then you will know if it is vaping related or not. If not, time to see the Doc since it's day 9.....may be time to see him/her anyway just to be safe. We can't know your personal situation.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
What is the best way for me to sort through it to determine if too much nic or too little? I don't have headaches and other signs of too much nic. I'm pretty sure the trouble sleeping could be too much nic or withdrawal from chemicals in cigs. I guess it could be too little nic, too?

The chills and jitters stay with me for anywhere from 30 mins to a few hours after waking, although they do decrease dramatically. One of the cigs I smoke is upon waking. Then I move on to e-cig.

Sounds like withdraws from smoking if it subsides when you have a cigarette. There's a lot in cigarettes besides just nicotine.

Kerrman

Apr 28, 2011
Prescott AZ
One thing that made my mornings and evenings easier was to buy a totally spare battery. I found it very stressful and disruptive to disassemble my ecig at before bed. Now, about an hour or two before before I put every on to charge and take my overnight battery off the charger. I leave my ecig set up all night.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I have 3 spare batts now :) Sounds like too much nic, try to dump the analogs as soon as you can, I was doing the same thing, smoking a few analogs, vaping like crazy and I had episodes of jitters, nausea and sleeplessness. Hope you dump the "real cigs".

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
The symptoms I described in my original post are gone. They lasted a week or two. I was still smoking 1-3 cigs per day when they went away. Now, I have only had one cigarette in a week. Yippee!!!!!! It has taken me a little longer than some, to be cigarette free, but it is still much better progress than I ever dreamed.

The way the symptoms came and went, I am convinced it was withdrawal from the chemicals in the regular cigarettes.

I posted this update in case someone in the future has this happen and wonders whether the problems went away.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread