Not open for further replies.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Poor doggie. He must be feeling like "oh, nobody loves me now." :oops:

Maybe the tomato juice thing would be safer for his face and the top of his head? I hate that smell. I had a doll once that got sprayed. I tried my mom's perfume, shampoo, more perfume, air freshener, nothing worked. Mom finally made me throw it out. :cry:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Chucky-the-Killer-Doll-childs-play-7026757-342-276.jpg

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
That's pretty funny, Zero.

Good morning, Voltpeeps.

It is cloudy and cooler this morning.

I got the parts to finish my irrigation project and I really must get this done since the plants are looking stressed.

I would prefer a day off:)

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Me too. Sometimes it feels it never ends - I either have to figure out how to have more physical energy or more money.

That saying "If you have the money, you haven't got the time. If you have the time, you haven't got the money."

I would give up cleaning jobs so I would have the time but then I wouldn't have the money:)

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
If "You" are using 3% Peroxide - as suggested - Absolutely NOT ! ! !

Ya' actually would have to be using 20% + peroxide for it to even partially effect the color that way . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

If the Animal/Clothing/Person is extremely light/white in color - Tomato Juice will only leave a light "Stain" . . . Well that is if "You" leave it on too long and don't take care . . . Think of Tomato Juice/Sauce/Gravy on a white table cloth/shirt and the "stain" it leaves . . . :D
Thanks Uncle!
I have almost got the skunk off of him! His only spot I can smell skunk slightly at the moment is on his face. I bathed him one more time today using dishwashing liguid mixed with some oatmeal shampoo, and I am going to stop bathing him for now.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Poor doggie. He must be feeling like "oh, nobody loves me now." :oops:

Maybe the tomato juice thing would be safer for his face and the top of his head? I hate that smell. I had a doll once that got sprayed. I tried my mom's perfume, shampoo, more perfume, air freshener, nothing worked. Mom finally made me throw it out. :cry:

He just does not understand why he is not allowed in the house :( I teared up last night....he just makes me feel so bad for him. Thats why we have been having more day adventures than normal over the last couple of days :)
Thst is funny a out your doll! I wonder why the skunk sprayed it? Lol

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
He just does not understand why he is not allowed in the house :( I teared up last night....he just makes me feel so bad for him. Thats why we have been having more day adventures than normal over the last couple of days :)

I bet he likes that, and it gives you more exercise, too.

I'll bet the doll smelled like Chucky, even if she didn't look like him. Permeated with human scent?

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I bet he likes that, and it gives you more exercise, too.

I'll bet the doll smelled like Chucky, even if she didn't look like him. Permeated with human scent?
He loves it, and I thought the same thing about me getting exercise when we went for a hike earlier today in the woods :)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
evnin', Voltavillians.

I've owned dogs almost all my life and have lived in rural/country areas most of the time. Never had a dog get skunked. Maybe luck, but I sure feel for you DuckLady. We feel bad for Bo when his joints give him problems but at least he can stay inside with that. Can't imagine banishing him from the house.

I was busy all day, again. Played Mr. Mom this morning doing laundry, then off to the bone cracker for a tune-up followed by a quick Costco trip, sort of half way there at the bone crackers. Finished the laundry when I got home, fed Bo, fed me, set up dinner, set up lunch for tomorrow, then started mowing the lawn and got about a third done before having to walk Bo again. Then Mrs. Awsum came home from work and told me an interesting story.

When I was in IT one of my major responsibilities was handling the backup system and restoring any lost/damaged files, previous versions of files or once in a great while restoring a complete file system after a server failure. The server where she works, at the State, crashed and burned, well figuratively burned, yesterday so they had to do a full restore from backup. "Best" practice is incremental backup daily, differential backup weekly and a full backup monthly. That makes it easy to restore everything almost as it was if there is a major failure with only the loss of any work done on the day of the failure.

In this case they restored to March 18, two and a half months ago. Our tax dollars hardly work, at all.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
evnin', Voltavillians.

I've owned dogs almost all my life and have lived in rural/country areas most of the time. Never had a dog get skunked. Maybe luck, but I sure feel for you DuckLady. We feel bad for Bo when his joints give him problems but at least he can stay inside with that. Can't imagine banishing him from the house.
It is not fun. My dog is a little over 7 months old, and has never been separated from us he goes everywhere we go....so it was terrible not letting him in the house. Good news is I finally got it off of him, well except for slightly on his forehead, but you can barely smell it now and it is not transferring to things he touches. So my buddy is back inside! Yay! I have missed having him inside, and I do not know who was more excited...me or him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread