Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I like it's all metal industrial look. But then again, my dream kitchen would look like a laboratory. :blush:

You and me both. Some of my work is done for a mechanical contractor who has a full service HVAC tin shop including a computer aided plasma table that can cut up to 1" stainless. I've been pricing counter tops, sink, etc. Sometime this summer, my kitchen is going to change from a 1970s beige and beige/yellow to shiny stainless steel - even the floor under the counters and appliances.

I'm actually a little bit excited that Hoogie is getting powder coating equipment. I'm thinking a gloss black maxi rough stack will look really sharp. Pretty soon, the name "rough" isn't going to be at all appropriate, but I hope they stick with it anyway.

My very first e-cig was a rough stack. I didn't know it was a rough stack or anything else about it, really. In fact, I didn't find madvapes until maybe January of this year because I saw a picture of someones RS they fancied up.

Last spring during branding, I met an old cowboy who was using it. I asked a couple of questions about it. I'd seen e-cigs before but never a mod of any sort... As luck would have it (my good luck - his bad luck), a 2 year old steer broke the old timers lariat and I had one in my truck that he admired. We traded. I got a really beat up old maxi rough stack, an 18650 on its last legs, a hand carved wooden drip tip, a couple of used attys, and about 20 ml of some strange tasting Chinese juice. I stopped smoking a few days later when I found better juice online, so it was the best trade I've ever made... And, worth mentioning - the old timer still had another tube mod that looked maybe like a copper or something, so I don't think his broken rope put him back on analogs.

I just traded off that old RS a couple of weeks ago during this years branding to a younger cowboy who asked a couple of dozen questions about it. He got that old RS, an almost new 18650, a single batt charger with a car adapter, a box of dual coils, and just under 30 ml of madvapes caramel tobacco. I got a high carbon steel sheeps foot knife and a beat up zippo. I hope a year from now, that guy is telling someone else it was the best trade he ever made even though I think that zippo might have meant something to him.

Sjkader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Mellette, SD
Six,
Thats a pretty cool story. Would be neat to know if it keeps getting traded. If I had a spare one I would make some kind of deal to pass it on with someone only if they agree to pass it on, say a couple months later. Then who they pass it on agrees to do the same. and so on. Would be neat to see how long it goes. Also would be neat to see is sales increase on them.

I know once they start powder coating them ill have to order another one for the wife. Something in a purple would be her style. Myself, I would want a black.

HINT HINT Hoogie!!

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
That is a cool story Six, like a hand me down :)

sj-- Wish I knew which order was yours but not much correlation. Glad you guys like the roughstacks and I did get purple powder coat.. I'm pretty sure your order shipped already but send me a ticket and maybe we can do a trade, well that's if we ever get good results..

We finally got to getting the powder coat set up today and hopefully tomorrow we'll have some going.. I've been spending lots of time with our new 3d printer creating a new small, hide in the palm of your hand type mod called the 'gripper'.. Got about 10 or 12 done so far. Maybe I should patent the process of using a 3d printer for creating e-cigs :)

hoog

Sjkader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Mellette, SD
That is a cool story Six, like a hand me down :)

sj-- Wish I knew which order was yours but not much correlation. Glad you guys like the roughstacks and I did get purple powder coat.. I'm pretty sure your order shipped already but send me a ticket and maybe we can do a trade, well that's if we ever get good results..

We finally got to getting the powder coat set up today and hopefully tomorrow we'll have some going.. I've been spending lots of time with our new 3d printer creating a new small, hide in the palm of your hand type mod called the 'gripper'.. Got about 10 or 12 done so far. Maybe I should patent the process of using a 3d printer for creating e-cigs :)

hoog

Ill submit a ticket. Not to concerned on mine. I love the tumbled finish. Hers shows it shipped out today.
Stop filling orders so fast. Oh the lovin I would get if she could get a purple one. Also some details on this gripper. She
Is intrested in one she can palm at work lol.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Maybe I should patent the process of using a 3d printer for creating e-cigs :)

Do it. Maybe you'll be able to do some future deal involving trading VV licensing for Design Process licensing. I really should add a wink or an "lol" or something after that... but I just can't. The landscape might be changing from an all for one and one for all situation to a take what you can get sort of thing. That's a little sad, if you want my opinion. It's probably inevitable, though.

Can't wait to see the gripper. And, I can't wait to see how rough stacks come out with powder coat.

While you're designing stuff. How about a 5.0v dual 18650 box with a regulator and switch that can take 4 amps? I'm about to buy a Tekk, but I'd love to get my hands on something a little rougher that I won't worry about scratching, dropping, on just general wear and tear - and that I can change the batteries easily. -- I think I'll repeat that in the "what should madvapes carry" thread.

tofucute

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
sOCal
Sometime this summer, my kitchen is going to change from a 1970s beige and beige/yellow
ah "harvest gold"... a classic

to shiny stainless steel - even the floor under the counters and appliances.
Sweeeet! :thumb:

I like stainless steel and concrete. Oooo and I covet one of those sinks that you turn on with a foot pedal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread