Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I pointed someone new to the maxi roughstack a few days ago and he promptly got on madvapes and ordered a maxi roughstack kit. He came back a posted what he was getting and I was appalled that it came with two 16340s. If I'm not mistaken, the only way those can be used in a maxi is stacked for 7.4 volts. That's not for a beginner. I told him to make contact and try to get 18650s. Hopefully, you'll work with him.

However, I have to wonder if there's some mistake here. Either I'm wrong about having to stack 16340s or that's a very strange configuration to offer as a kit without highlighting the extra high voltage.

Maxi RoughStack V2 Kit

Last edited:

SpiderMo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Georgia
I was under the impression that stacking the 16340 batteries gave 6volts. I am using 18650 batts for 3.7vlts and 5vlt battery for 5vlt and now what I thought I was getting with the kit was 6vlt vape I'm wrong? If thats the case it needs to be fixed on the description. I done a review on the maxiroughstack on youtube and said it was 6vlt so if that is the case I need to do a revisit on my review.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I was under the impression that stacking the 16340 batteries gave 6volts. I am using 18650 batts for 3.7vlts and 5vlt battery for 5vlt and now what I thought I was getting with the kit was 6vlt vape I'm wrong? If thats the case it needs to be fixed on the description. I done a review on the maxiroughstack on youtube and said it was 6vlt so if that is the case I need to do a revisit on my review.

I was too but, if they're 3.7 volt batteries, it'll be 7.4. This may be a misprint too but, it's from the kit descrtiption:

2 16340 3.7v batteries

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
This is not a misprint, it includes the two 16340 3.7 volts and is paired with the proper atomizer, the atty is 4.5ohms which is very high compared to most. Most people like lr atties at 3.7 so if you go up to 6 volts I like 3.0 to 3.5 and up to 7.4 I like 4.5 ohm atties. I do think that they should offer a 3.7volt kit but the kit that they offer is set up properly. I think it would be a good idea for madvapes to label the kit as a extra high voltage kit as well.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan

16340 refers to size 16mm long 34mm diameter and they come in many voltages 3.0,3.2,3.6,3.7, most start out higher than the labeled voltage. So two 16340s could be both 6v or 7.4 depending on which ones you are using.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
This is not a misprint, it includes the two 16340 3.7 volts and is paired with the proper atomizer, the atty is 4.5ohms which is very high compared to most. Most people like lr atties at 3.7 so if you go up to 6 volts I like 3.0 to 3.5 and up to 7.4 I like 4.5 ohm atties. I do think that they should offer a 3.7volt kit but the kit that they offer is set up properly. I think it would be a good idea for madvapes to label the kit as a extra high voltage kit as well.

Proper is a real matter of opinion. To get the same energy at 3.7V would take a 1.1 ohm atomizer. I've heard of LR but, never that low.

Regardless, in this configuration, it's not a setup for a newbie.

SpiderMo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Georgia
16340 refers to size 16mm long 34mm diameter and they come in many voltages 3.0,3.2,3.6,3.7, most start out higher than the labeled voltage. So two 16340s could be both 6v or 7.4 depending on which ones you are using.

Thanks for clearing that up saved me from having to do another video with the words OOPS!!!! I am still new to all the different batteries and the combos and what volts it gives so this has really helped again thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread