Decent Ego Batteries - do they exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
London, UK
I've had 4 ego batteries go bad in 2 months of vaping. By "go bad," I mean they seem to be fully charged, but flash and refuse to work any more after only a short amount of use. After a very short charge period the charger seems to think they are fully charged again. I think the charger is right, and for some reason the battery thinks it has run out of charge.

Is this just inevitable with ego batteries, or is there a good brand that lasts better?

I'm in the UK so you may not be able to recommend vendors, but I can at least look up any brands you can suggest.

I'd like to stick with ego style batteries as that's what I have chargers for already. But I would consider something different if there really is no other long-lasting option. I do like the small size of the egos for convenience. I do have one 2200mAh ego battery, though haven't had it long enough to judge whether it's going to last, but it's a bit big sometimes and I'm looking for something a bit smaller.

LondonGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
London, UK
3 of them lasted about 2 weeks, and one has lasted 2 months and only just gone. I've got 2 that are still going after 2 months, and others I've bought more recently still going good.

I might try joyetech ones then. I like my 2200mAh battery, but it's a bit too big for taking out. I like to have some different sizes. I'm looking for around 600-900mAh, so sounds like joyetech should be suitable. Thanks for your help!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Joye eGo-c batts have lasted me up nearly two years. I have about 5 different PV's going for each flavor and I interchange two batts for one flavor. Other type batts, Vision, Kanger haven't lasted as long. I got 6 months out of a VV Vision.

And dual coils can be tough on any eGos. They're popular right now so I think you'll be seeing more eGos dropping because of them. They also set off an error on my itaste V3, so I quit using them altogether. See this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/560117-dual-coils-egos.html

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I have five genuine Joyetech eGo Twists (SS, 1100mAh); the oldest is nearly two years old, while the youngest is about a year old ... all five are in my daily rotation (mostly as out-and-about devices), and all are working just fine. Still holding charge very well, and — using a genuine Joyetech charger — they charge perfectly. About the only maintenance needed is to clean the 510 connection regularly and well, especially when getting ready to charge (clean the connector on the charger, as well). This cleaning is important for consistent charging and performance. IMO, can't go wrong with Joyetech. :)

I will chime in here, for what its worth, in that I have only been vaping for about 3 months. I have not used anything other than Joyetech equipment, so I can't say how it compares to others, and since I have not been vaping very long, I can't say much about lifespan.

However, I can say they withstand abuse pretty well. I have dropped them several times, at least twice on a bare concrete floor from 4 feet height, with no ill effects. I have also been dumb enough to dry burn an atomizer to clean it without rinsing out the e-juice first (only once). I kept going at it, assuming sooner or later the juice would all boil off.

Being bull-headed, the longer I kept at it, the more sure I was that a dry burn was just around the corner. I kept the button held down until the auto-shutoff, over and over and over again, well over 15 minutes, maybe even 1/2 hour. The thing got so hot, I had to keep switching hands each time it shut off. My fingers hurt pretty seriously, and I kept switching between my thumb and index finger to hold the button, as well as switching hands. I mentioned I am bull-headed, right?

I finally did get a dry burn, with no sizzling sounds and an orange glow on the atomizer heating elements. I followed that by rinsing the atty and using the battery to dry out the water, twice. This was all on the same battery, mind you. The battery was apparently unharmed; not even the paint shows any sign of abuse, and I have continued to charge and use it with no problems.

So I can say two things based on that experience: 1.) Do not try to dry burn an atty clean without first getting all of the old juice out first, and 2). Joyetech equipment is pretty durable (even the atty still works fine). Also, FWIW, I have experience working on fairly sophisticated equipment, e.g. ozone generators and high vacuum liquid ring pumps (no, I don't abuse those), and the look and feel of the Joyetech material and workmanship is top notch. An old technician like myself can tell a lot about a piece of equipment just by the feeling of how the parts thread together, and these Joye parts are definitely a cut (or two) above standard consumer-grade equipment.

Last edited:

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I believe joyetech the genuine ones only come in 650, 900 and 1000 mah. I've had two 1000 mah last over a year easy. I think it's 300 charges or something like that.

myvaporstore.com is an OEM partner and have genuine joyetech ego c twists among others, but this store I know does for sure. You may be able to find a coupon code for them here to save a bit.

Or you can go for something like this Innokin iTaste VV (V3) Express kit - 101 Vape it has only an 800 mah battery but you can use it as a passthrough (charge via usb cable while vaping) Here is a video

good luck.

LondonGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
London, UK
Well it definitely sounds like there's a lot of love for Joyetech! I think that is what I will go for, since I have compatible chargers already.

I do like the look of those itaste ones, and the fact they are square and not going to roll off the desk! They just seem a little long for 800mah, and I think I'd want something smaller as well. But I think I may give one of those a go as well.

Thanks for all your advice!

Va8pn4less

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 19, 2014
Hamburg NY
They all go bad after a while, do not short charge your batteries only charge them when dead. You get what you pay for even some of my genuine vision spinners have crapped out.

I've had pretty good luck and recently invested in a 5 pole multi pole charger.

$24.98 free shipping from Ebay best price around. Same company makes them all regardless of stickers they put on.

ebay. item # 201110786197

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
If you like your eGo style and size batts but want one with considerably more functionality, I suggest the eGoV V3 Mega. Fantastic 1300mAh battery (lasts me at least two days on a charge) Battery features: press quickly 5 times to turn on/off
Voltage and wattage switch: Press the "+" button for 5 seconds to switch the mode (VV/VW)
Press the "-" button for 5 seconds to display coil resistance. It also does this automatically whenever you put one on it.
Lock the selected voltage or wattage: Press "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds
Variable voltage: adjustable from 3.0-6.0V in 0.1 increments
Variable Wattage: adjustable from 3.0-15.0W in 0.5 increments
Maximum Current Output: 2.5A
Input type: DC 5V 500mA
14-seconds safety cutoff
Short-circuit and low resistance protection
0.7 inch screen shows the voltage, wattage, battery level and resistance
510/eGo threaded connector
I got this one from Fasttech and it took 3 weeks to get to me but you can probably find it somewhere that ships faster if you want to pay a little more for it. They have it in five different colors that have that non-slip slightly rubberized feel to them. I find that I use it WAY more than my heavy "steel-pipe" type mods and it does all that they do plus has passthrough and is a fraction of their size or weight!
really hard to beat all that for $23.91 with free shipping!! ;)
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10007241/1670704-ego-v-v3-mega-evod-1300mah-vv-vw-starter-kit
2013_new_product_electronic_cigarette_itaste_EGO-V_V3_MEGA_for_2014.jpg

Last edited:

ScottChensoda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Lat:51.53889/Long:0.14743
If you return to this thread at all London Girl, just give Ash at MyEpack a call or visit their site. They are from SE London and Ash is first class and should there be any problems he'll sort them PDQ. Also, they are arguably the cheapest in the UK for what they sell.

Again, among the majority of excellent, helpful posts, I'm dismayed at some of the rubbish being posted on ECF. If you do not know for a fact that what you are posting is gospel and can be backed up by incontrovertible evidence then it's best not to post it. You might well cost people money, or worse, endanger their safety. One more thing. Please read and digest exactly what it is the OP is actually asking.

LondonGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
London, UK
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Scott, I've used myepack a few times and really pleased with them too. Didn't know the owner is called Ash - that's kind of ironic! I decided to order the itaste battery from them for now. It was my only VV battery that just died, so it seems like a good replacement/upgrade for that. They don't sell joyetech batteries, unfortunately.

I still have enough egos going for now, so hopefully I'll get chance to see how I get on with the itaste before any more clap out. The itaste looks like it might be a bit long for taking out and about, so my next purchase will probably be some of the smaller joyetech egos. I prefer to have to take several batteries with me than use anything much bigger than a pen in public.

rabgary

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
Austin TX
I am cheap at heart.
I have been using two of these for maybe a month so far and they work great for me.
Spinner 1300 clone
If you want something that isn't as long as a baseball bat and has halfway decent battery life you might like these.
With the same tank on a 900 and a 1300 the 1300 is actually a little shorter than the 900 and being a little bigger in width it also feels a lot better in my hand.
So if you want to take a shot at something that is really inexpensive I would try one of these.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Someone mentioned switching out the double coils for a single coil. How do I do that? I mean, I have T9 tanks and a Nautilus on the way. How do I know what to buy? Sorry if this sounds stupid. Everything has changed so much in the last few years, I can't keep up. I am not having problems with the double coils, but it would be nice to have something that doesn't use so much juice.

Thanks,
Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread