decided to get a mod and need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
i have been vaping for a month and a half and am happy with the halo triton and kanger evod batteries and tanks. they are great for on the go and for work but i want something better for home use. one big question for this newb is should i go with vv/vw or something like a chi you or Nemesis? i am a tinkerer at heart so i see a RBA in my future. i see the thread "pictures of your setup" and there are so many nice mods and i`d love to own one. if i go with vv/vw i am leaning provari. what should i get?

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
If you like to tinker and are thinking about getting into RBAs then a mechanical mod would be best. The Provari is a great mod but there is no tinkering with that one. Since you've been viewing the "pictures of your setup" thread, you've probably noticed the number of mechanical mods there. They seem to be the rage now but I'll take vv/vw anyday.

sigtausteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
Lawton, OK, USA
That is a question you will have to answer. Research it big time. I went mech instead of vvvw because I wanted to build my own coils. However I still use my egos with smaller tanks and cartos. If you wanna blow clouds an build sub ohm then you have to go mech. If you wanna build 1.2+ ohm coil you can run those on vvvw devices and still have that versatility. You can you LR cartos and tanks on mechs and get a great vape out of it. I plan on getting a vvvw device to complete my collection. It really up to your personal preference. Try some out in the store and see how they feel. I hope this makes sense. Reading back on it I kinda went all over the place. Lol

Jester

STLBluesNut

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
st peters mo
Personally, I won't ever go back to a device that isnt vv/vw. Too many variables in each different coil and juice to not be able to dial in the voltage where I want it. I have owned 4 vv/vw devices since I started over 2 years ago. Everyone has their faves.

Just find one you like. I currently use the new innokin vtr. Love it. Had an evic before that. Many rave about the provari, but I wouldnt walk 5ft to buy one. One button adjustment and having to learn some kind of Morse code to do it isnt for me.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

RedNBlack

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
NE Georgia USA
i have been vaping for a month and a half and am happy with the halo triton and kanger evod batteries and tanks. they are great for on the go and for work but i want something better for home use. one big question for this newb is should i go with vv/vw or something like a chi you or Nemesis? i am a tinkerer at heart so i see a RBA in my future. i see the thread "pictures of your setup" and there are so many nice mods and i`d love to own one. if i go with vv/vw i am leaning provari. what should i get?

Hey there SmoknoMoCigz,
I still use the eGo batteries (VV and 650), and the Evod BCC, for on the go and "stealth vaping" at work. At home, my new Sigeleie Zmax v5 has been.....great. I have been using it on 510 atmos for new juice, searching for a "great" PG/VG mix, re-wicking/wraping coils....hard to go back to regular eGo batteries after using this Mod. Does not have to be Provari right now, but who knows what the future holds...:glare:

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
Provari's are only vv. And the reason I love mine is because it's easy and it's built to last. I does have a one button feature but it's simple, not complicated like setting the thermostat or sprinkler timers. There is nothing to tinker on it. It works flawlessly all the time.

thanks for the input everyone. my reference to tinkering was aimed at running a rebuildable atomizer on a mod. the provari can only run clearo`s and carto`s? i have no B & M vape shops near me that i know of so i`m researching on the web before pulling the trigger on something. i take it that i can run my protanks and a RBA(if i buy one) on a provari or most mechanical mods if i want? newb question and want to clarify in making a decision. thanks all!!!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
thanks for the input everyone. my reference to tinkering was aimed at running a rebuildable atomizer on a mod. the provari can only run clearo`s and carto`s?

I use 2 RBAs on my Provari....a Penelope and a Diver. There's no reason you can't use a genesis type RBA on a Provari if you stay above 1.5 ohms. For sub ohms you need a mechanical.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
ProVari is good down to at least 1.0 ohms. I have used mine with a 0.8 ohm coil, but I don't see the need to go sub-ohm for vapor. Plenty of vapor above one ohm. I use RBAs with both ProVaris.

Tapped out

Thanks for that info. I wasn't sure how low of ohms a Provari could handle. I erred on the side of caution. :)

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
ProVari is good down to at least 1.0 ohms. I have used mine with a 0.8 ohm coil, but I don't see the need to go sub-ohm for vapor. Plenty of vapor above one ohm. I use RBAs with both ProVaris.

Tapped out

I knew the Provari would fire at .8 bwahaha :) I've been doing lots of studying in preperation for my KayFun Lite purchase in a couple weeks! :D Lion my Provari came today. It's awesome! :D

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States

How funny :)
same boat here.
had the Halo Triton A little over a week. Had it in Princess Pink. Recieved it last Thursday it was nice.

Then decided I wanted more.
Got my Provari about 30mins ago. IT BLEW ME AWAY! I'm using it with HH.357 drip atty. It's amazing.
It's super easy to use, I figured it out in literally 5mins. :)

You would be happy and surprised at the difference from the Halo to the Provari. I am :)

IMAG1958.jpg

thatwierdguy

Oct 12, 2013
Minneapolis
I'm in the considering getting a mod area. Think I'd want a VV/VW unit, simple and newb friendly, $50-$100 or so. More likely a cylinder shape than a box, but that's not written in stone. Prob not a "self-feeder" or whatever the term is, I just want to screw on a nice eGo threaded glass tank, or whatnot. Any good options in that range? I think someone mentioned the Vamo, but I haven't heard too much about it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread