decided to get a mod and need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
so vv/vw mods regulate current going to the coil and you adjust to your liking and mechanical mods you adjust the coil(ohms) to get the perfect vape?
There are ways to adjust wattage on a mechanical as well, using a "kick," but you'd have to open up the mod to get access. With a regulated mod you'd be able to change the voltage (and, in some cases, wattage) with a button. You might say mechanical and regulated mods involve different kinds of fiddling. :)

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I knew the Provari would fire at .8 bwahaha :) I've been doing lots of studying in preperation for my KayFun Lite purchase in a couple weeks! :D Lion my Provari came today. It's awesome! :D

Congrats!!!! You'll love the Kayfun too. A ProVari, a Kayfun Lite, a 1.2 ohm micro coil with cotton and some juice called RYD2 that tastes like soft pretzels....pure bliss! hahahaa...I know, soft pretzels??? but it's good!

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Congrats!!!! You'll love the Kayfun too. A ProVari, a Kayfun Lite, a 1.2 ohm micro coil with cotton and some juice called RYD2 that tastes like soft pretzels....pure bliss! hahahaa...I know, soft pretzels??? but it's good!

I would suggest an RSST before a KFL. It is a very easy, forgiving, and inexpensive RBA. If you like the RSST, then take the 110 dollar KFL plunge.

Tapped out

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I would suggest an RSST before a KFL. It is a very easy, forgiving, and inexpensive RBA. If you like the RSST, then take the 110 dollar KFL plunge.

Tapped out

I thought she said she already ordered one. I wasn't really suggesting anything except PRETZELS!

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I'll throw my two cents in. I have heard GREAT things about the provari, but I'm not dropping two hundo at the moment. I just picked up a v2 Vamo last week, and it is awesome. VV/VW although I don't use the VW often, if at all. Combined with my pro tank and mini pro tanks with rebuilt heads, I love it.

Congrats Bert! Vamo makes a pretty cool device...they work really well. The V2 was my first real mod too and I agree with you...VW didn't make a huge difference in my life. I generally stayed in Volts and adjusted according to device. Some folks swear by it.."set it and forget it"....that wasn't my experience. I still had to adjust watts. Here's a quick suggestion...you might want to find a 510/510 adapter to put on your Vamo. The V2 has some soft threading that wears out pretty quickly. I've heard they fixed it on the V3 but V2's will wear out. There's some air flow controllers that have a low profile and look pretty good on the Vamo....that way you're wearing out threads on a $5 part instead of your PV.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
VW didn't make a huge difference in my life. I generally stayed in Volts and adjusted according to device. Some folks swear by it.."set it and forget it"....that wasn't my experience. I still had to adjust watts.
I love VW, but I definitely wouldn't say "set it and forget it" unless you're sticking to one kind of juice.

BadNewsBert

Sep 26, 2013
United States
Congrats Bert! Vamo makes a pretty cool device...they work really well. The V2 was my first real mod too and I agree with you...VW didn't make a huge difference in my life. I generally stayed in Volts and adjusted according to device. Some folks swear by it.."set it and forget it"....that wasn't my experience. I still had to adjust watts. Here's a quick suggestion...you might want to find a 510/510 adapter to put on your Vamo. The V2 has some soft threading that wears out pretty quickly. I've heard they fixed it on the V3 but V2's will wear out. There's some air flow controllers that have a low profile and look pretty good on the Vamo....that way you're wearing out threads on a $5 part instead of your PV.

Thank you sir. I have read numerous threads about the stripping of the threads, worries me greatly and a total bummer to know that's a fault of this awesome piece of equipment. Can you provide a link to the low profile adapter you are talking about? Thanks.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

charliehall72

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
Naperville, IL, USA
The Provari is a great vv mod and I was thinking about getting one for my next mod but changed my mind to going with a mechanical since I enjoy tinkering as well. I currently own a tesla with a protank 2 on it and am very happy with the set up. If you are looking for a lower price vv/vw mod that is not as pricey as the Provari, I have had a good experience with the Tesla and the iTaste MVP but if you have the cash why not go all out. As far as the chi you or the nemesis goes, good luck getting your hands on one. I am waiting for vaperev to get more Nemesis' in stock so I can order myself one and I have not had any luck coming across a chi you, except for clones of course

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
thanks all for the great advice. i held off on the provari for now but i know there is one in my future along with a nice mech. for now i went with a SS vamo v5 along with rba`s from fasttech. it will be a few weeks till it gets here but thats ok as my current setups are working great for me. also have some kanthal on the way so i can try rebuilding my protank coils. because of all the great advice on this forum my vamo will start out with AW IMR18650`s on the inside and an airflow controller on the top!!! happy vaping:vapor::toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread