Diacetyl in e-liquid-please lets find out suppliers who do not use this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Greetings-I am a newbie and I am very concerned. I have been reading on the other forums about concerns related to diacetyl in e-liquid. I don't want to slam a supplier or anything. However, I seen a popular supplier stating it was better than analogs?

My reasoning on my attempt to quit analogs is to save my lungs. Why would I intentionally inhale a chemical such as diacetyl in my lungs? Thus far, I am not impressed with some suppliers non disclosure of ingredients.

I know that other forums have threads related to this. However, since I am a newbie I cannot post on those forums yet.

I have e-mailed by favorite juice supplier with this question. If and when I obtain a response I will post it.

How do you guys feel about suppliers who think its okay to have diacetyl in their product?

Hats off to the orginal poster who posted this question on the forums. You made me think for myself!
BTW I really would like to know which companies are safe to utilize with my vaping needs. I don't know it all or express that I do. I am concerned about my lungs.
Thanks in advance for your responses.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I don't fault companies for not listing every ingredient in liquid, try asking Coke for the recipe, it's good for competition and to keep variety in the market place. However with an ingredient that could be a cause for concern to not be disclosed is unacceptable to me. If any company refuses or dismisses my request for any information on that topic I'm moving on to a place that's open and honest about it. There's to many quality companies out there to patron one that refuses such request.

As far as a company thinking it's ok to use an ingredient such as this, I don't agree with it but that's up to them. There are many companies in many industries that cross that line of judgment for whatever reason but I want to know about it so I can make an informed decision for myself.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
Banjo, I understand and agree with your concern, but I think the thread has been good about naming those vendors who do not use diacetyl, rather than naming those who do.

I also appreciate the OP of recent diacetyl threads - it was, frankly, an issue with which I was not familiar, and one which raises alarms, for me, that reach far above and beyond any concerns over PG or VG.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
Please! Let's all be really careful that this doesn't turn into a witch hunt..........

And I don't really understand why it's a witch hunt to name those vendors that knowingly use diacetyl, especially if they don't see an issue with using it despite all the medical documentation to the contrary. Frankly, that's the sort of thing that we as a community should be aware of, as most of us are vaping to improve our health, not worsen it.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
And I don't really understand why it's a witch hunt to name those vendors that knowingly use diacetyl, especially if they don't see an issue with using it despite all the medical documentation to the contrary. Frankly, that's the sort of thing that we as a community should be aware of, as most of us are vaping to improve our health, not worsen it.

My biggest concern over naming names, as it were, is that it might somehow be seen as some sort of witch hunt, eliciting thread closures. Because it can and probably should be pointed out that while many of us are concerned, there is no proof of diacetyl being dangerous to vape. (Common sense might tell you otherwise, but until there is proof, it probably is best not to treat those vendors who do use diacetyl as if they are knowingly compromising the health of their customers. Right?)

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
My biggest concern over naming names, as it were, is that it might somehow be seen as some sort of witch hunt, eliciting thread closures. Because it can and probably should be pointed out that while many of us are concerned, there is no proof of diacetyl being dangerous to vape. (Common sense might tell you otherwise, but until there is proof, it probably is best not to treat those vendors who do use diacetyl as if they are knowingly compromising the health of their customers. Right?)

Point taken, although we do indeed know that it is dangerous to vape. We just don't know what the safe quantities as the studies have not been able to set a safe allowable level yet. In other words, they can't tell if it's safe to vape in any quantity. Obviously it must be as popcorn makers have not all developed bronchiolitis obliterans, but if you take the average smoker with lungs that may already be a little weak, tossing any amount of diacetyl into them may be recipe for disaster.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
The orginal point of this thread is to find out who (supplier) does not have this ingredient in their e-liquid. I am orginal poster and am very concerned. This is not about witch hunting as one has stated. It is about an ingredient that I could inhale and develop a lung problem from. I consider this serious and am trying to educate myself on this subject. I can only speak for myself. I would not buy a product from a vendor if they had a view point such as it should be better than analogs????I have seen a response like this in another thread. Yeah that makes me wonder about these mom and pop operations. Thanks to all who are as equally as concerned as I. This isn't about money or ones favorite juice vendor. It is about an health concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread