Does the Provari seriously break this easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk5000

Jul 30, 2013
Costa Rica
I twitched when somebody called out my name and knocked the Provari 2.5 off my desk. The Kangertech protank fell apart and fell to the other side of the room. I picked it up and tried to screw it back on and it won't go like a piece is missing. Can't screw on a cartomizer either. Is it broken or am I missing something? Looked all around and didn't find the missing piece if there is one. Here's what it looks like now :

Top - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Side - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Last edited:

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Yes, try to get a better pic. The only thing I possible see- is there something stuck around the center post? (The gold tone piece in the center of the connector) It sort of looks like there may be something in there instead of an empty space. It doesn't look like anything is missing.

The only other thing I can think may have happened is the threads stripped when the tank came off. Will the carto not screw on at all or will it just not screw down all the way or not fire?

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
There is definitely something in the 510 connection. Looks as if it could be the bottom part of the threads from the tank.

I read somewhere earlier when someone had experienced the threads of a delivery device breaking off in the 510 connection, they used a pencil eraser to push in the connection then turn as if they were unscrewing it and it worked for them.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's difficult to tell for sure, but I agree with the above posters. It looks like part of the broken tank's connector got left behind when it broke off during the fall. It may be difficult to remove the piece yourself without the proper tools. Contact Provape and explain what happened. They often provide simple do-it-yourself tips to try before having you send it in for repair if not successful.

Nice thing about Provape's customer service, if it does require returning for repair, you'll likely have your Provari back within a week's time.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
kk -- I can see the broken part still stuck in there with the new pictures.

It will come out, with patience. You need to reverse wind out that broken piece. Certainly try the eraser trick. As a last resort, a tiny screwdriver and a very careful husband with strong hands have helped me.:p

Take the battery out, too....before you attempt surgery, just for extra safety.

Last edited:

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
yup.. your tank is missing it's threaded collar, I think your provari got hungry and ate it! (by zooming in the sid pic of the provari, the throat looks smooth, which means it's the inside of the threaded collar of the protank)

Try the eraser trick. (similar to the potato trick, I wonder if that would work?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread