Dotmod Petri Firing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MstrSHAKE

Dec 4, 2014
Miami, FL
So just bought my 2nd mech, a petri by dotmod. Beautiful, elegant, in love with it, except for the inconsistency.

My fire button often won't fire or when it does the second I move it, it'll stop firing. Its brand new but I still cleaned all contacts, the whole button assembly, tried all different 510 floating pins for the top cap, different batteries, and even different builds on the Atty, also tested with a subtank mini and had same issue. The button works most of the time, but again its inconsistent and will even stop firing the second I move or even tilt the mod. For $190 mod I was expecting a bit better, my limitless hits more consistently...

Is this normal for a mech, to have an inconsistent fire? Could the culprit be the actual spring in the button assembly? I'm all out of ideas.

Current build is on a petri RDA at .28ohms. batteries have been LG HE4 and now efest imr's

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Based on the one that I "fixed" for a friend who's authentic had the same basic symptoms... it's likely the spring loaded insulator ring in combination with the negative post/button available travel.
That, and perhaps the batteries you're using, with the relative stack-up of tolerances between the insulator and contact post... the negative contact post isn't making solid contact with the battery.

To correct his, I removed approximately 0.015" from the insulator surface, to place the battery "closer" to the negative post when the button is depressed.

MstrSHAKE

Dec 4, 2014
Miami, FL
Based on the one that I "fixed" for a friend who's authentic had the same basic symptoms... it's likely the spring loaded insulator ring in combination with the negative post/button available travel.
That, and perhaps the batteries you're using, with the relative stack-up of tolerances between the insulator and contact post... the negative contact post isn't making solid contact with the battery.

To correct his, I removed approximately 0.015" from the insulator surface, to place the battery "closer" to the negative post when the button is depressed.
Yikes, that's quite a fix. I had a feeling it had to do with that delrin spring loaded insulator. It doesn't allow enough travel for the button to hit the negative.

How did you shave off the "excess". Maybe I'm best off finding the right battery... I'm surprised I haven't read or ran into more of this problem with the petri. I can't seem to find anything/anyone with my exact issue...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread