Mechanical Mod Button Hot or Not Firing Tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugerRob

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2014
Buford, GA
Recently picked up a Cartel Limited Edition Brass and Overdose Copper clone mechanical mods and had inconsistent firing button and heating issues with both. Sometimes they would work perfect and other times they would not fire.

I checked all the usual suspects, cleaned everything, tried different atty's, swapped out springs and nothing would get rid of the inconsistencies.

After a few days I found the culprit. Two of the 8 18650 batteries I had were slightly dented in the bottom! The bottom contact would only hit one side not making a solid connection causing inconsistent firing and heating. Took these two batteries out of circulation and problem solved! (probably dented them overtightening them in a mod at one point).

So if your having issues with firing or button heating check that battery bottom!

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
I have also had problems with the fire button, on a stingray, being bigger than the hole in the bottom of the battery wrapper. Spent over an hour with a multimeter trying to figure that one out. Fixed it with an exacto knife. Be careful not to cut more off than you need to cause if the battery case touches the tube it will autofire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread