Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Ok so I had already 2 of the Ehpro regular Kayfuns from this vendor and when i ordered the third one I guess I didn't notice that this was a dual air one...it has 2 holes and 2 air flow screws on the bottom. I know a lot of people complained about the airflow but I was one of the few that preferred a tighter draw.

So what I did was just totally tighten down one of the screws and that seemed to do the trick. Just thought I would let people know about them.

Atomizers : Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Dual Airflow Clone by EHPro

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Ok so I had already 2 of the Ehpro regular Kayfuns from this vendor and when i ordered the third one I guess I didn't notice that this was a dual air one...it has 2 holes and 2 air flow screws on the bottom. I know a lot of people complained about the airflow but I was one of the few that preferred a tighter draw.

So what I did was just totally tighten down one of the screws and that seemed to do the trick. Just thought I would let people know about them.

Atomizers : Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Dual Airflow Clone by EHPro

That's a really nice price versus other vendors, but I've never bought from Fluid Vapes before. Are they a decent vendor?

prairie guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2014
Texas
I have had one from Fluid vapes for about a week now. Ordered it one morning and received it 3 days later. Not bad for going from cali to Tx. Just ordered a second for my wife after she tried mine on my mech. It has a .85 ohm coil and vapes like a dream. I am running it with both air valves screwed about half way in

bmj105

May 28, 2014
Las Vegas, Nv
I have the dual air flow version and the draw is only slightly looser than the single version IMO. I run both with the screws completely removed .That said, these have a MUCH smoother and almost silent draw to them instead of the whistle that a lot of people have experienced with this clone and other versions of it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Just thought I would point out that having extra side air holes wouldn't make thaaaaat much of a difference, since you would still be restricted by the size of the air hole from the center pin.

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was hoping they would have addressed that too. 3.1 has a nice open draw but I hate fill valve gimmick. Guess I should just pony down on a genuine R92

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
...you would still be restricted by the size of the air hole from the center pin.

Maybe it will help the air flow a little. I ordered one of 'em yesterday from Fluid Vapes.

Mostly I chose the dual in hopes of avoiding the whistle so many people have commented about. Don't want to summon any stray dogs, y'know.... :)

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Maybe it will help the air flow a little. I ordered one of 'em yesterday from Fluid Vapes.

Mostly I chose the dual in hopes of avoiding the whistle so many people have commented about. Don't want to summon any stray dogs, y'know.... :)

Yeah, that whistle kills me about mine. Hmm... Now you have me thinking about one. I have an Erlkonigin on the way to replace my Tobeco Kayfun, as it leaks and is a general piece of you no what, but my hcigar Kayfun 3.1 is getting quite annoying now too. I need to plug up the fill port from the inside as it started leaking as well. Maybe next paycheck, I'll pick up one of these Ehpro's to replace that one as well. I'm thinking I may just PIF the two Tobecco's we have, and the annoying hcigar. They'll be free to someone, so they'll be worth the issues that way. I can't bear to just toss something out.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
So is Fluid vapes a good vendor? Anyone have any experience with them?

I can only tell you this.... I ordered one of the Dual Air Kayfuns yesterday and rec'd the shipping notice later that day. Doesn't show up on the USPS site yet, but it is the weekend. Now for the wait to see when the PO actually has the package in hand...... If they are as prompt as they initially seem to be, I'd certainly order more considering the prices they have.

Gargoyle

May 19, 2014
Michigan
Can you please keep me posted how this works for you? I'd really like to give one of these a try and I like the price!!

I can only tell you this.... I ordered one of the Dual Air Kayfuns yesterday and rec'd the shipping notice later that day. Doesn't show up on the USPS site yet, but it is the weekend. Now for the wait to see when the PO actually has the package in hand...... If they are as prompt as they initially seem to be, I'd certainly order more considering the prices they have.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Can you please keep me posted how this works for you? I'd really like to give one of these a try and I like the price!!
No problem..... Think the shipping was Priority 2 day, so I'm hoping to have it on Tue. I'll be happy to follow up.
Go Blue!!! (shouted by a displaced Michigander)

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
Yeah, I was hoping they would have addressed that too. 3.1 has a nice open draw but I hate fill valve gimmick. Guess I should just pony down on a genuine R92

Anyone unsatisfied with the draw tightness of a stock kayfun REALLY needs to consider drilling out your center post! Drilling 1/16th is a cakewalk, i did both of mine with a dremel, a COBALT steel bit (VERY IMPORTANT), and some vise grips. 5/64ths is where you'd wanna be very, VERY careful (i wouldn't suggest attempting 5/64th without a drill press and an extra center post handy). Just make sure the bit is cobalt steel (@lowes, dewalt brand is like $2.18) and use a few drops of cutting oil (e-juice works) to keep the heat down. Its not too far from 1/16" already, so it's super easy.

I also reamed it out a lil by wiggling the bit around after it was through. Drill the horizontal hole out as well. Best upgrade I've made to any vaping equipment, between that and rayon wick, the kayfun is like a totally different device now, output is close to a dripper.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Yeah, that whistle kills me about mine. Hmm... Now you have me thinking about one. I have an Erlkonigin on the way to replace my Tobeco Kayfun, as it leaks and is a general piece of you no what, but my Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 is getting quite annoying now too. I need to plug up the fill port from the inside as it started leaking as well. Maybe next paycheck, I'll pick up one of these Ehpro's to replace that one as well. I'm thinking I may just PIF the two Tobecco's we have, and the annoying Hcigar. They'll be free to someone, so they'll be worth the issues that way. I can't bear to just toss something out.

Tinkie take a syringe and force water through both sides of the fill valve of the 3.1 , sometimes debris can get jammed in there causing a leak , if you just want to get rid of it PM me I'd be happy to have it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread