Not open for further replies.

betterthanyou

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
southern california
I purchased an EHpro kayfun 3.1 about 5 months ago from this website:
EHPro Kayfun 3.1
I always ran it with the airflow control screw removed from the device leaving airflow wide open. I had best results with this.

I just ordered a KFL+ ehpro clone from eciggity.com that advertises a larger air hole. With this model, how will airflow compare to my standard kayfun 3.1 ? overall performance?
"We asked the manufacturer for a larger airflow hole and they made it especially for us! The new airflow airhole size is about 2mm. Everything else is the same. If you want a easier draw, you can't go wrong with a Kayfun Lite Plus by EHPRO!"

I have an EHPro 3.1 and 2 full size authentic russians. The draw difference is big. The EHpro 3.1 is tight as hell even with screw removed. On the russians i would have to tighten the airflow halfway to match the EHPro. Ive reserved the EHPro for high VG juices cause of the draw so they wick better. Lung hits all day long on the russians tho lol, its like inhaling through a straw.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

VaperGlock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
KCMO
The ehpro is just a small hole. Drill it out.

Ill try drilling it but there's basically no airflow. The hole that's in it should give me a little airflow. I've used a small drill bit to check for obstructions and can't feel or see any.

VaperGlock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
KCMO
Thats weird maybe yours is a defect? Could be something in the center post.

Since it as useless as it was I drilled the piss out of it and you were right. I drilled out the side air hole 1st and it did nothing. Then I realized I had to drill all the way to the center (duh!). That opened it a a smidgen. Then I went to town on the center air hole under where the coil goes. That opened it up well enough for the way I vape. It was shockingly tight and I just didn't think it shoulda been that tight for the factory. THANKS A TON, Flush1!!!!

Since it as useless as it was I drilled the piss out of it and you were right. I drilled out the side air hole 1st and it did nothing. Then I realized I had to drill all the way to the center (duh!). That opened it a a smidgen. Then I went to town on the center air hole under where the coil goes. That opened it up well enough for the way I vape. It was shockingly tight and I just didn't think it shoulda been that tight for the factory. THANKS A TON, Flush1!!!!

Glad you got it all fixed up. Enjoy the Kayfun :)

VaperGlock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
KCMO
Lots of reports of debris in the airflow passage on these. I have the EHPro KFL+, and the airflow is just fine with the screw in, but backed out. More airy than my PT2's on the VTR. I would check that before doing any drilling.

Already drilled it. I did EVERYTHING I could think of before I took a drill to it. Screw in, screw out. Looked in it with a flashlight 100 times. Fiddled it with screwdrivers, drill bits and needles. Blew the hell out of it with compressed air. I tried everything. Drilling was my last ditch effort and it worked. That's just my situation. You're right others shouldn't just start drilling away.

Last edited:

VaperGlock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
KCMO
I'm assuming the same procedure would work to loosen up any kfl+ or kfl Clone?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I would assume. This is my 1st one that I've had to do anything to. I drilled my air hole out with a 5/64 bit. Might try it if it's too tight. I'd build on it and try it after before doing the air hole under where the coil goes. Mine was useless the way it was, that's why I didn't have a problem taking a drill to it. It's not like I could mess it up any more lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread