Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Yep, I think I'm just going to stick with my o'l 3.1 . It has Great air flow!!!
And seems to almost never need a prime.
Knife
The best devices I have airflow wise are the Russians. Can be either nice and airy or very tight. It's simply not enjoyable to me having to pull so dang hard on this dual airflow device. So far I can't find a thing wrong and don't see anything I can do to improve the airflow. Just glad it didn't cost an arm and leg, but I'm still irked. Doubt it would do much good to contact FluidVapes.... I've already sent 3 notes and never heard anything back. Sort of a shame because they have really great prices but lousy customer service.

nrap

Jun 10, 2014
Dallas
my first thoughts on the dual airflows actually being more restricted than the single hole, is that perhaps having all that air coming in from both sides into that tiny center tube causes congestion or turbulence or some kind of pressure change causing the air not flow as smoothly. I have no science background to base this on. It was just my first hunch. Since mine doesn't have any blockage.

My Ehpro v2 stamped 2014/03, which is the bigger single hole clone is fantastic with airflow. It feels nice and open like my buddies 91%.

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States
call me crazy, but the draw on my brand new KFL+ v2 with dual airflow, is actually tighter than my other KFL+ v2 with the single airflow. Both Ehpro's, just purchased about a month apart. I know it doesn't make s ense, but the single airflow hole seems to noticably looser draw.
I just got my dual a/f EHPro KFL+ V@ about a week ago. I had the same problem. The airflow was actually worse than on my EHPro KFL+ V1 and it was bugging the crap out of me. Then I thought to look into the airflow holes to see if I could see thru to the other side. I couldn't see any light. Since the airflow holes are directly across from eachother you should be able to hold it up to light and see thru completely to the other side. So, I unscrewed the center post a bit while looking thru the airholes and all of a sudden I saw the light! The airflow was completely skewed because the airflow hole in the center post wasn't aligned with the side airflow holes. The only problem now is that the block on the deck is loose because I had to loosen the center post to align the airflow holes. Now I need to find a small rubber washer to put under the screw head that will let the a/f holes line up while keeping the deck tight. That should give you quite a bit more airflow. Hope that helps!

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
What screw head are you talking about? I have the same issue but actually with my lite. I drilled the airhole out to 3/32 but can't get the center post hole to line up without the deck being loose. Thought about tightening up the center post keeping it in there and re drilling through the 3/32 hole on the base with a 1/16 for the ion hole but worried it will break the center pin

oldjoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Il.
I just purchased one, not knowing about the 2nd air hole, and am more than pleased with it as is. I prefer a tighter draw and have each screw turn ut about one turn.

Just thought I would point out that having extra side air holes wouldn't make thaaaaat much of a difference, since you would still be restricted by the size of the air hole from the center pin.

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

There is no air hole in the center pin. The side air intake hole(s) are the only source for air intake.

Last edited:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I just purchased one, not knowing about the 2nd air hole, and am more than pleased with it as is. I prefer a tighter draw and have each screw turn ut about one turn.

There is no air hole in the center pin. The side air intake hole(s) are the only source for air intake.

Um. Try disassembling your center post.

Air feeds into the 2 side airholes, then passes through 2 drilled airholes on the center post, up the center post and exits at the deck.

So yes. There are air holes in the center pin

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

w0nt0ns00p

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2013
Boston, MA
The best devices I have airflow wise are the Russians. Can be either nice and airy or very tight. It's simply not enjoyable to me having to pull so dang hard on this dual airflow device. So far I can't find a thing wrong and don't see anything I can do to improve the airflow. Just glad it didn't cost an arm and leg, but I'm still irked. Doubt it would do much good to contact FluidVapes.... I've already sent 3 notes and never heard anything back. Sort of a shame because they have really great prices but lousy customer service.

Hey man, just bought the dual airflow KFL+ with nano kit in black, was just wondering what you considered a "tight" draw. For example, the largest airhole on the nautilus is 1.8mm I think: if this is more than airy enough for me (I'm even cool with the draw on some Evods) do you think I'll have a problem feeling too "tight" of a draw? I have 3 Tobhs with crazy airflow, obviously it's not gonna compare to that but is the pull resistance comparable to anything else? I'm a Kayfun newbie and will find out myself in a few days I suppose, but just curious what you considered a tight draw, and if there are any non-kayfun devices that the draw is comparable to. Thanks for your review, man! I learned a lot just from your critique! Cheers.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Hey man, just bought the dual airflow KFL+ with nano kit in black, was just wondering what you considered a "tight" draw. For example, the largest airhole on the nautilus is 1.8mm I think: if this is more than airy enough for me (I'm even cool with the draw on some Evods) do you think I'll have a problem feeling too "tight" of a draw? I have 3 Tobhs with crazy airflow, obviously it's not gonna compare to that but is the pull resistance comparable to anything else? I'm a Kayfun newbie and will find out myself in a few days I suppose, but just curious what you considered a tight draw, and if there are any non-kayfun devices that the draw is comparable to. Thanks for your review, man! I learned a lot just from your critique! Cheers.

I don't have any quantitative way to describe the draw or other devices to compare against -- every device has it's own unique characteristics. Sorry about that. I suppose the best way to put it is the old "trying to suck a thick, freshly made malt" through a straw. You have a pretty good idea of how hard you have to pull to get the malt to your mouth -- your cheeks almost touch inside your mouth from the pulling effort and to me that's how I describe a tight draw. A better or looser draw like the Russian's has much less resistance.... I'd say the malt in the analogy was half way or more melted. You can do a mouth draw instead of a big lung draw.
These are lousy analogies I know, but other than somehow reading the amount of vacuum needed -- and I'll bet someone has done so or could figure a way, this is the best way I can say it.

w0nt0ns00p

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2013
Boston, MA
I don't have any quantitative way to describe the draw or other devices to compare against -- every device has it's own unique characteristics. Sorry about that. I suppose the best way to put it is the old "trying to suck a thick, freshly made malt" through a straw. You have a pretty good idea of how hard you have to pull to get the malt to your mouth -- your cheeks almost touch inside your mouth from the pulling effort and to me that's how I describe a tight draw. A better or looser draw like the Russian's has much less resistance.... I'd say the malt in the analogy was half way or more melted. You can do a mouth draw instead of a big lung draw.
These are lousy analogies I know, but other than somehow reading the amount of vacuum needed -- and I'll bet someone has done so or could figure a way, this is the best way I can say it.

I totally understand - thanks for your response!! Guess I'll figure it out further upon delivery of it :D

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I totally understand - thanks for your response!! Guess I'll figure it out further upon delivery of it :D
One thing I could mention...... When I first got the dual AFC device, I fiddled with the set screws in various positions. One problem I had was if the screws were out too far they would interfere with the 510 conn. I don't know if this is just my APV's or not. I use a Provari and a couple of SID's. Then I tried using the device with both set screws removed and while the draw was a bit better, I realized I could not do "primer puffs" if needed simply because I didn't have enough fingers available to plug 4 openings at once and still maintain a grasp of the device. (I'm being a little tongue in cheek, but I think you see my point).
Finally I put both set screws back in and screwed one down tight and left the other as far out as I could and still get the device to seat properly on my APV. This has become my regular configuration for the dual AFC now. I in essence have completely occluded one air channel and am using it as a single AFC unit although the side with the screw all the way in still does leak some air so primer puffs can be done, but not as well as on a single AFC device.
Hope this may help a little or most likely I have muddied the waters more.......:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread