durability a must

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
Could I get some suggestions for a very durable set-up with a small learning curve? My husband wants to start vaping but his job is an issue. He travels so it is not something I could help him with when he is on the road. I know my husband and if it is something that takes too much effort to do he probably wont. Durability is probably the biggest issue for him. He is a FF&E Installation supervisor which basically means he is commonly moving (carrying) large pieces of furniture. He does not always have access to his work van so leaving unit in car is not an option usually. I don't know what to suggest to him to get. I was thinking probably a cart versus a tank would be better but not too sure. Style wise I think a cigalike would be best but that would limit him on time it would last. Many of his days are 12 hr days. He is currently a smoker and keeps his cigs in his back pocket but they get crushed a lot. Any help would be appreciated.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
well yes the downside to the cigalikes is they only last 2 to 3 hours if lucky.....and can get pricy....unless you want to refill your own carts

for a nice price and somewhat pocket sized, the mvp v2 can take a beating it's $40, it's vv/vw, 510/ego threading, lasts a good 2 maybe 3 days before needing charged (1 1/2 days on a bad day), it's a passthrough, so can vape and charge at the same time.
if he didn't want a tank, he could put a 510 threaded cart on it....or get a small glass or metal tank to put in out it...try to stay away from plastic tanks so you don't have to worry about tank cracking juices....

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Depending on your point of view, this could come across as a somewhat inappropriate suggestion to a newbie; but quite frankly it doesn't get more all-inclusive, work/travel friendly, bullet-proof and dependable as a Reo Grand. The device simply will never break or let you down no matter what the conditions it's in.

reos31_zps4e00af2c.png

The caveat:

There is a bit of a learning curve as the Reo is a mechanical, and it works best with rebuildable atomizers, but it certainly isn't brain surgery. Anyone new to e-cigs could easily get the basics of operation down in no time, especially considering the people in [URL="(Reoville will be there to help every step of the way without a doubt. Besides that, it works with plain disposable atomizers and cartomizers as well.

Again, this could be a bit of large bill for a newbie, but in the interest of avoiding trial and error with what works and what doesn't, I'm tellin' ya a Reo Grand will settle the issue square from the get-go 100%.

Visit the Reos Mods sub-forum and ask any question, it won't likely go unanswered for longer than 5 minutes I promise.

Cheers

Last edited:

twall

Moved On
Sep 10, 2014
Jamestown, NY,USA
I'd suggest an MVP2 with an Aerotank Mega on it, using the (included) steel tank. It's very durable, works well, tastes great and will last all day. I carry it in my back pocket, too. Just have to be sure it uses the NEW coils. The old ones flood and gurgle, from what I hear.

My most durable setup, when I'm afraid I may break my dainty glass tanks or plastic clearos.

EDIT: Plus, it can be used as an emergency charger for a cel phone and whatnot.

Last edited:

twall

Moved On
Sep 10, 2014
Jamestown, NY,USA
there is also a provari that takes a beating and keeps on ticking. put any topper on it. Someting with a replaceable head. carts are great but priming it can be a hassle. once it is primed they are great.

I was also going to mention Provari, since their rep for durability is gaining a lot of fame (even though I don't own one - YET). However, she said her husband is used to putting a pack in his back pocket, and a light saber might not be the best thing for that.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Since we are talking about someone 'new to vaping' box mods might just not be for him/her. Heck they aren't for me yet tho two yrs. into the game ;)

Same would be the case with a 22mm mod or thicker. I'd thus suggest a 14500 mech mod and atty combo, something that I do carry when out and about. Put a case with two additional batts in your pocket and an U-can of juice, boy you are good for the work day.

EXAMPLES:
1. Vaper V4 ~ an awesome hybrid, provided you make the effort to rebuild (easiest btw in this)
2. Slim Mods: GP-Piccolo, Gus G16, JM16, Ba Gua etc. (iTaste VV V3, if you can take a bit of care)
3. Slim Attys: Aerotank Mini and Nautilus Mini (unless he can rebuild, then Spheroid, Aiolos-T, Kayfun Mini etc.)

206e7g2.jpg

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Take a look at the Gripper. Gripper @ Madvapes
Low profile, uses XL cartos and an easily replaceable 18350 battery. He'll get decent life out of the carto and 1 or 2 batteries should get him through a day at work.
And it'll easily fit in a front pants pocket and won't crush as easily as a pack of smokes...

Plus, for home use, he can get the extension and put a tank on top of it!

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
My only problem with the MVP and other box mods is that the tank/clearo/whatever section sticks up and could be easily broken off at the thread during a rough day at work... especially where a lot of physical labor is involved. My current job is quite physical, and I've broken quite a few eGo/clearo combos as well as a carto-tank... my current work set-up is a mech/dripper, but I've been looking at the Gripper really hard for a work rig... besides, it looks like it would be great for stealth vaping as well...

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I would have a serious look at a Billet Box for this application. It uses cartomizers which are contained inside the box so they are protected. Simply replace the cartos when they stop performing. Take off the drip tip and the thing is basically a block of aluminum.
wow that's an interesting mod :confused: why I no hear bout this before?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I would have a serious look at a Billet Box for this application. It uses cartomizers which are contained inside the box so they are protected. Simply replace the cartos when they stop performing. Take off the drip tip and the thing is basically a block of aluminum.

Now you done it! I've always liked and wanted a Billet Box. So, I looked around a little and found http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modder-accessories-supplier-forum/357383-billet-box-17.html.

I've already read 640 of 13,494 posts. I'm going to be busy for a while.

xxJollyRogerxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Cayman Islands
I would suggest a MVP, Reo, or rDNA30. The most durable would obviously go to the Reo but the rDNA and the MVP can be charged via USB so if he is on the go then he could charge it in car via the USB and not have to carry extra batteries around. One of those with a dripper would make it very low profile and very durable but then he would have to carry liquid with him. Or look at an Aerotank using the metal insert instead of glass. So not so low profile but still very sturdy. Then there is price. The rDNA and Reo are way up there and the MVP way affordable. So an MVP with a Aerotank for low cost.

I would have also suggest a eVic supreme but that is a tube mod and way longer than those i mentioned I was trying to keep it very low profile.

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Reo grand... check
Provari... check
Innokin VTR... check
Billet box... check

I have purchased 4 mvp's. The box MIGHT hold up to serious conditions but the threads wont. First time pressure is put at the joint between the mod and the topper the mvp will rip apart at the threads. That's why I've never bought myself one.

Egos and 14500 mods are out of the question IMHO.

I'm even apprehensive about regulated tube mods simply for the likelihood there's going to wind up a plastic or glass tank on top of one.

I can't break my reos. Neither can the wife apparently. That's saying something!

For rugged ease of use I would go with that or the billet box as my first choices. If he can learn to build and wick a coil the reo would be hands down my only suggestion. Though with the Carto being inserted into the billet box the box serves as protection for the carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread