Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hey guys & gals!! I'm trying to help one of my good friends get started with vaping. Normally I'd probably just say go for a ego twist set up but I feel like I need to take his occupation into consideration. He's a welder! So let's see...he & the other guys are allowed to smoke on the work floor so it needs to be durable since its highly likely it'll take a fall to the concrete. I'm looking for suggestions on a PV as well as what delivery method (glass or pyrex) you think would be best. Regular cartos & clearos are out so i was thinking more of Evods or Protanks. I know that a Provari would probably be best as far as durability is concerned & he's in love with mines but I want to make sure that he sticks with it before making that kind of investment.

A while back he was using disposables & that worked until he got this job where people smoke all around him & he stopped getting his fix on those. He also smokes tobacco flavors so I'm thinking maybe some Bobo's but I'm stuck there as well & I want to put a couple of good flavors on the list so he can decide which he likes best...I was a menthol girl so I'm totally worthless on recommending juice for him. I'm going to start him off with 24mg of nic because his cravings were really bad when he started working around so many smokers & he's smoking more cigs than he was before.

Any help would be appreciated! He really wants to switch & he's trusting me to help get a kit together for him but I need your help!
Thanks in advance!

Oh & the budget for everything is around 150-200 bucks.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Halo has some good tobacco flavors Tribecca is a good one smells just like opening a fresh pack of smokes. MPV would be a good choice so he dose not have to carry around batteries. It will fit nicely in a denim shirt pocket. a phiniac tank is hard to break some carts and punch and hes all set. Those glass tanks with the alu covers smoketek makes might not be to bad ether. Cheaper and probably more suitable for work.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
That man needs a REO.

I priced out a complete package for a good friend looking to progress beyond his eGo's who expressed a lot of interest in mine. Everything... and I mean everything he would need of he had nothing to start ends up around $230 - $250... a little outside your friends budget... but is it ever worth it. And that price list didn't account for any sales or going for a blem unit, which I hear are almost impossible to find the blemishes on, which doesn't matter anyways... the guy is a welder.. he's gonna blemish it soon enough ;)

Tough, durable, holds enough juice and a big enough battery to get through a work day... and he won't get made fun of by his fellow welders for sucking on a "thing that resembles a you-know-what"

For me the REO is game over. There is no better hardware for this guy **points to self**

Last edited:

screwu2man

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2013
PA
I work in construction and use the x6. Been durable so far and has taken some good falls. Here is the link for reference $24.71 X6 4-in-1 Rechargeable 1300mAh Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarettes Set - w/ X8 atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping As for the heads I use the Evod's, but during this hot weather they tend to leak so been using my ce4 and is doing the job nice. I plan on taking my x8 carto to work and see how that holds up but I am afraid to. I take 4 xtra evods with me to work and a few ego's for back up. Hope this can shed some light.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
That man needs a REO.

I priced out a complete package for a good friend looking to progress beyond his eGo's who expressed a lot of interest in mine. Everything... and I mean everything he would need of he had nothing to start ends up around $230 - $250... a little outside your friends budget... but is it ever worth it. And that price list didn't account for any sales or going for a blem unit, which I hear are almost impossible to find the blemishes on, which doesn't matter anyways... the guy is a welder.. he's gonna blemish it soon enough ;)

Tough, durable, holds enough juice and a big enough battery to get through a work day... and he won't get made fun of by his fellow welders for sucking on a "thing that resembles a you-know-what"

For me the REO is game over. There is no better hardware for this guy **points to self**

Thanks Statistic! This had also crossed my mind. I just don't know enough about them. He's willing to spend more so money really isn't the issue. I just told him to give me some real numbers so that I'd have something to work with. At the end of the day he just really wants to quit & be able to keep the urges to smoke away now that he's surrounded by so many smokers. Ill be looking into the Reo so that I can have more info to take back to him! Thanks again!

You guys are giving me a lotta homework! Thanks everyone! Keep em coming!

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I would be worried the sparks would burn a hole in the juice bottle of a REO you can and will get sparks and very hot BBs everywhere when your welding.
I guess it depends on what type of welding if hes welding with a tig anything would work or wire on mild steel would not be so bad ether. But if your welding structure with 7018 or flux cored in odd positions or burning threw galvanized you dont want anything on your person that can burn. I guess if he is in a shop thats a different story also he most likely has a locker or someplace close buy he can keep it out of harms way.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
I would be worried the sparks would burn a hole in the juice bottle of a REO you can and will get sparks and very hot BBs everywhere when your welding.
I guess it depends on what type of welding if hes welding with a tig anything would work or wire on mild steel would not be so bad ether. But if your welding structure with 7018 or flux cored in odd positions or burning threw galvanized you dont want anything on your person that can burn. I guess if he is in a shop thats a different story also he most likely has a locker or someplace close buy he can keep it out of harms way.

Thanks Buzz! I know that he does some tig work. But I'll have to get a little more info from him. He wants to be able to keep it on the work floor since they can smoke there as well. I thought that was odd but I dont know much about welding to begin with. I'm going to find him a good case for it as well so that he can keep it in there when he's not using it. Right now I just want to offer him some options for a starter to make sure he sticks with it so I doubt he'll start with it but I told him whatever he gets now can be his backup once he knows he's going to vape for sure.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
It looks to me like the bottle in the Reo is only exposed on one side. All he would have to do is to make sure to turn the bottle side towards his body when he puts it in his pocket.

Of course, I could be wrong. I don't own a REO. I just went to their website and looked at pictures.

And, they do have blems on sale right now!

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
+1 for the budget and newbie friendly VMOD-XL. The sale ends tomorrow but the coupon code N765F will get the price down to 50.99. The charger/battery that comes in the kit is probably junk so you can pick up a Nitecore i2 or i4 and some 18650 CGR19650CH Panasonic batteries from Fast Tech or Amazon.

If your friend finds the bottom feeder form factor to his liking at work he can get a Reo down the road and use the V-MOD-XL as a backup. If the bottom feeder doesn't turn out to be work friendly I'm sure your friend will be happy with using it at home so he won't be out the money for it.

I don't much care for tobacco juices but a couple of Halo sample packs is probably a safe bet for a beginner.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
I work in construction and use the x6. Been durable so far and has taken some good falls. Here is the link for reference $24.71 X6 4-in-1 Rechargeable 1300mAh Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarettes Set - w/ X8 atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping As for the heads I use the Evod's, but during this hot weather they tend to leak so been using my ce4 and is doing the job nice. I plan on taking my x8 carto to work and see how that holds up but I am afraid to. I take 4 xtra evods with me to work and a few ego's for back up. Hope this can shed some light.

I would second this as a combo. Cheap, no point spending hundreds in what is in essence an experiment. Get a one of those, a couple of Evod heads and a pack of spare heads for the Evods, and a spare battery.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1368500

About $45 all in.

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Wow 150-200 for startup that's pretty decent to try it out. I would say the reo is awesome but, that's a lot to spend if you don't stick with it. One thing to consider would be getting crap in the mouthpiece. Obviously an a7 rba would be the hook up for the reo.

Why wouldn't the ego be the starter choice? I'm using a kamry k200 its a very solid device, basically one full piece of aluminum with an industrial look. Stands up really well, but doesn't pants pocket well due to its width, 25mm, but goes in tool pockets well. I have been happy with mine. I ordered here and have had no problems with it. He may like the look, better than say - a vamo. No ego threads though K200 Mod - Full Kit - Black Chrome

I really like the hangsen tobacco juices. Many also claim they are the best all around tobacco juices. Churchill, USA mix, ry1, ect.

Last edited:

shakeytails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Kentucky, United States

That's for that post! I didn't know the Evods and such would work on the X6. I would think that with part of the clearo recessed, it would eliminate some of the buckling that occurs if you accidentally knock or drop an ego. I always worry about breaking stuff when I'm carrying it in my pocket. Just put in an order for an X6...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread