Any non-smokers vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

Feb 26, 2009
I see you are only 27 years old... want to blow vapor smoke rings and have a blue LED? Here is my recommendation for you:
New Zero Blaster: Zero Toys Online Store

good god, grow up and grow a brain. If you were my 27 year old, I'd be ashamed I raised you up to be so immature.

Money is irrelevant? :nah: Go give your irrelevent money to a homeless shelter. Save the $$ you'll spend on one of these (and other useless show off toys) and go buy a house... If you can't handle that responsibility, go buy a video game and some candy cigarettes so you can pretend to smoke and entertain yourself.

He/She is a paid anti-smoking troll/informant.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
thanks everyone for your opinions, but for the people who are screaming DON'T DO IT you still haven't answered the question as to why....

forget about the money that's irrelevant to me what are the reasons against a non-smoker starting a 0 nicotine e-cig?

Here are your reasons:

1-Smoking, or vaping, or anything to do with this does not make you look cool, smooth, awesome or anything resembling that....it makes you look like a sick addict.

2-As many of us have found, the nicotine isn't the only thing we're addicted to. I have several - the hand to mouth, the controlled inhale/exhale, the feeling of the material hitting the back of the throat, even having that little cylinder between my fingers as I drive.

3-Heard about the legalities right now? What happens if you form a habit with this, for any of the reasons in #2, and the FDA tightens the noose on imports? Supplies dry up... now, you've got a slight habit of mannerisms, and no gear to satisfy the itch. Whatcha gonna do? I know what I may be forced back to - we don't want you to be forced INTO cigarettes because you got hooked on a substitute.

There. Calm, rational, complete. NOW do you understand why we don't advocate using this substitute to non-smokers?

Withnail

Feb 26, 2009
Here are your reasons:

1-Smoking, or vaping, or anything to do with this does not make you look cool, smooth, awesome or anything resembling that....it makes you look like a sick addict.

2-As many of us have found, the nicotine isn't the only thing we're addicted to. I have several - the hand to mouth, the controlled inhale/exhale, the feeling of the material hitting the back of the throat, even having that little cylinder between my fingers as I drive.

3-Heard about the legalities right now? What happens if you form a habit with this, for any of the reasons in #2, and the FDA tightens the noose on imports? Supplies dry up... now, you've got a slight habit of mannerisms, and no gear to satisfy the itch. Whatcha gonna do? I know what I may be forced back to - we don't want you to be forced INTO cigarettes because you got hooked on a substitute.

There. Calm, rational, complete. NOW do you understand why we don't advocate using this substitute to non-smokers?

As others have said, don't feed the troll.

Report the troll to admin and they'll soon be banned.

jbrownjr

Jun 16, 2009
ok so supposedly im a troll/......./idiot for asking if people that don't smoke cigarettes enjoy vaping. Interesting standards you have around here. I'm not sure what the big leap is here, there are many people who enjoy a rare cigar or hookah who would never dare pick up cigarettes. Simply inquiring if there's a similarity of enjoyment with vaping for people apparently deserves a massive flaming. Thank you all for your hospitality.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
ok so supposedly im a troll/......./idiot for asking if people that don't smoke cigarettes enjoy vaping. Interesting standards you have around here. I'm not sure what the big leap is here, there are many people who enjoy a rare cigar or hookah who would never dare pick up cigarettes. Simply inquiring if there's a similarity of enjoyment with vaping for people apparently deserves a massive flaming. Thank you all for your hospitality.

You're welcome. Don't be too offended - the title of the thread that you started can ring alarm bells in a community of people who are concerned that their habit may be banned by the authorities. If you would genuinely like some personal advice then I'm happy to give it. If you are currently a casual/occasional smoker of tobacco then stop now. The pleasure you experience at present will become a monkey on your back once you become addicted. Don't even think about e-cigarettes. These are devices for addicts. Do you want your friends to think of you as an addict? Back off now before you get sucked into a lifetime of subservience to a habit.

Sydesteppa

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Hi there I understand.

Ive been an off and on smoker for about 2 years but just before i got my ecig i hadnt bought a pack in about 2 months. I just bummed from friends when we were out. If you like smoking a hookah i immagine you will like e cigs. The taste is very very similar.

I got myself low nic juice and its sweet. I can vape as much as i like without worrying about nic OD as well as still getting a nice nicotine buzz. I would highly recormend the e cig but stick with low to zero juices for sure.

superwombat

May 14, 2009
Ecigs likely have some unknown health negatives. There will need to be many years of testing before we know what all of them may be.

Those of us with a current nicotine addiction have determined that those unknown health issues are likely less severe than the known health issues of analogs.

If you do not have a current nicotine addiction, there is no possible upside to picking these up. You're adding the probability of unknown health risks, without giving up larger known health risks.

Grandma Cas

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
Chesham UK
www.womens-words.com
Hi,

I am a non-smoker (other than the rare hookah session), but am interested in e-cigs. Not sure why but these seem like a pretty cool idea, and is even better since you have the option of having non-nicotine cartridges.

Anyways, I am thinking about buying, but not sure if the negatives/side effects outweigh the benefits, especially since I am not a current smoker. Anyone have any perspective on this, or would they use an e-cig if they did not smoke analogs?

Thanks!

Take it from someone who has smoked for more than fifty years; if I was a non smoker I would never start vaping. There are no benefits to vaping for a non smoker.

The only reason the e-cigarettes were invented in the first place; was to find a safer way to get the nicotine us addicts need without the 4,000 other carcinogenic ingredient in analogs.

Because of failing health, I have tried many times over many years to stop smoking. To date I have tried; gum, patches, inhaler, acupuncture, hypnotism, nothing worked.

The e-cigarette works for me & many other smokers for numerous reasons & I think the fact that we still get to mimic smoking plays a big part in the success rate albeit psychological.

So, IMHO no one should take up smoking or vaping unless they are really stupid.

mokeyjoe

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
Preston, UK
I don't necessarily agree that vaping is bad when talking about no nicotine liquid.

I don't really see how occasionally vaping a no nic fruit flavour is any different to smoking the occasional hookah. Could someone explain the difference?

If someone is looking for a hookah-like experience then I would say go for a unit like the Janty Stick or Screwdriver as these units have many advantages and there's no need for it to resemble a cigarette. Also, very obviously, stay away from anything containing nicotine.

Last edited:

Velocity

Jan 21, 2009
Bentonville, AR
So to all of you guys/gals that are really being mean to this guy and calling yourself addicts. Are you doing anything to try to quit entirely? Stepping down your liquids slowly in nic content?

Sorry but this struck a chord, I am no troll I am a real person, and just ordered my first ecig as well. I am in pretty much the same boat as him. I have always smoked analogs when I drink, although I am not addicted. Many of us do things in our lives that we know are bad for us but still enjoy them on occasion without becoming addicts. For example I also drink but am not an alcoholic.

You can shun those people all you want but there will still be non-smokers and occasional smokers that pick up e-cigs. Why not help guide them instead of shunning them entirely?

Reactions: Firecrow

Stephaniems

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
Because no one that has/is addicted to smoking or vaping to get off tobacco cigs would advice someone to vape if they are not already smoking. Personally I would never ever tell a non smoker it was ok to vape. If you are an adult you can do what you like but I doubt anyone here is gonna support people that are non smokers and not addicted to nicotine to do it cause its "cool". I highly advise you to walk away from casual smoking. If you are not addicted to it why play around with it? Most of us here started smoking very very young and before all the health risks came out and social stigma's. Stop now and use your head please.

Velocity

Jan 21, 2009
Bentonville, AR
I simply smoke because I enjoy it, it has nothing to do with looking cool. After all I got a 510 instead of a super mini at the recomendation of several people in the forums, if it was about looking cool or fitting in I certainly would have chosen a super mini. I have been a casual smoker for roughly 10 years. Personally I have no intentions to quit, however if I can replace the smoking I currently do with vaping that would be great in my opinion.

Everyone has to make their own path in life. E-cigs are nothing special, they are not limited to only current smokers, and people will pick them up just like they pick up cigarettes. Being rude to people looking to do that on the forums is not going to slow down regulation on them. The FDA is already well aware of e-smoking and they will regulate it as much as they can just like they do everything else.

I do find it funny though because e-smokers certainly have the same attitude about the whole thing as smokers do. Ask any smoker if they think a non-smoker should start and the majority of the time you are going to get no for an answer. However once someone starts smoking you will without a doubt be more social with other smokers. I see it at work all the time.

Grandma Cas

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
Chesham UK
www.womens-words.com
Fair enough, you just have to realize a smoker telling a non smoker that is like a non smoker telling a smoker they should quit because it is bad for them. Everyone knows that cigarettes/nic is bad for them, they don't need people to explain it to them.

Erm... I think that's exactly what the OP wanted us to do.

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
I don't necessarily agree that vaping is bad when talking about no nicotine liquid.

I don't really see how occasionally vaping a no nic fruit flavour is any different to smoking the occasional hookah. Could someone explain the difference?

If someone is looking for a hookah-like experience then I would say go for a unit like the Janty Stick or Screwdriver as these units have many advantages and there's no need for it to resemble a cigarette. Also, very obviously, stay away from anything containing nicotine.
vaping is a gateway drug...........before you know it you'll be sucked out, $#ucked out looking for a handout, trying to squeeze juice out of the black stuff that grows between a horse's hind legs.(indian jerky) There is NO UPSIDE to vaping for a non'smoker. I would recommend u try some nicorette gum and therapy
No joking aside just go here Zero Vapor Toys: Zero Toys Online Store

I have spent at least $70,000 dollars because of the first cigarette I ever picked up and I haven't even been exposed to any health issues yet. (but soon enough)

If you are sincere then understand most people here are speaking from our own idiotic experience. It is not that fun and not worth the price in the end...

Last edited:

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm amazed at this thread,,, if this poster WERE a troll, you guys would be giving bullets to the enemy.

If someone wants to start vaping,,, be prepared to get your wallet out, and be aware that there are powerful forces that are targeting them for a ban. A person who already has a nicotine addiction can justify it, because the expense is offset by what they were spending on tobacco, and are rewarded by improved health. Someone who isn't already addicted, won't get those benefits. These are tough economic times,,, and there's lots of ways to spend money.

Other than that, I would just tell someone,,, if you're over 18, the decision is yours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread