Status
Not open for further replies.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
The only thing that has a hole like this (that I can think of) is the base of the eGo-C (made by Ovale) atomizer with changeable coil.

Ego-C-Changeable-Atomizer-Tank-Electronic-Cigarette.jpg

I'm sure somebody will recognize the battery in your picture soon and will be able to explain that hole. :)

Those look nice, man!

Tobaccotaste

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
Hi!
I used a ce4++ for my twist, and when i tried to use it it only blinked 5 times.. Then, after taking clearo off and trying again, and this i did a couple of times, i realized that it was the short protection because the clearo had leaked a little bit.do you guys think this could have harmed my battery? It didn't get hot and i have cleaned the contact and it works without problems on my other clearo. Do you think the short protection saved it?
Thank you very much for replies!
Best regards //Fredrik

Tobaccotaste

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
Twist (and other eGo batteries) are sealed, so a leak shouldn't harm them. If it's working fine, it is fine. :)

I'm not too sure about your other battery, though... That hole in the center post makes me nervous. ;)
It was actually the short "alarm" that i was worried about, but i guess the protection saved it?

Tobaccotaste

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
Hi again!
I have seen posts where people saying they charge their 1100mAh batteries in like 4 hours.
But for me charger is red, and flashing green, for about 7-8 hours before turning green. The output is 420mA as it should be, what can be the problem? It also takes about 5-6 hours to charge 650mAh batteries.. It's not dirty or so, and it has been like this since i got it.. Could this be bad for the battery? Could it be so that the battery is charged long time before the charger gets green?
Thanks very much! :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Strange. I use a wall adapter too, but my batteries never take longer than 3 hours, but I had similar issues when I was charging from my computer USB port--lights blinking intermittently, long charging time.

It just might be a bad charger, those lights sometimes malfunction. If you're using Joyetech chargers and the connections are clean, I can't think of another reason. How old are those chargers? Can you contact your vendor and ask for a replacement? If not, and if money is no object, I'd get another charger. It's good to have a spare, anyway. One never knows with those things, they often malfunction or die.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Is that wall adapter too weak?

No, 500 mA (500 milliamps) = 1/2 amp. Yours is 1 amp. I have no idea why it shouldn't work though, but I'm not an electrician.

Specs for the wall charger that I use (and the one Joyetech makes):

Input: AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz 0.15A

Output: DC 5V 500 mA

I suggest you get a wall adapter recommended for Joyetech fast chargers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread