Ego's Are Garbage (Warning to Newbs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Popular

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
New Mexico
I have the pleasure to be working at a B&M that WILL replace any defective equipment, if it is in fact defective. Heck, sometimes we even replace it if it breaks due to user error. B&M owners need to do some legwork, talk to their Chinese distributers, and, get some kind of replacement credit plan going. They will do this. If not, there are many more distributers out there.

Keirster

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Brandon, Fl
I will be upgrading to a MOD soon, but I bought an EGO-T starter kit last February and the two 600 mah batteries are still going strong. I have used some different carto's along the way, but I am still using them as I write this and await my 1100mah VV ego to arrive from fasttech. I know now that other models deliver a much better vapor, but I agree with Deeo. If there were no reasonably priced models to get started, I probably would not be vaping today.

Keirster

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Brandon, Fl
I will be upgrading to a MOD soon, but I bought an EGO-T starter kit last February and the two 600 mah batteries are still going strong. I have used some different carto's along the way, but I am still using them as I write this and await my 1100mah VV ego to arrive from Fasttech. I know now that other models deliver a much better vapor, but I agree with Deeo. If there were no reasonably priced models to get started, I probably would not be vaping today.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
I have two Ego-T batteries that I've been using since July of last year and they're still working fine and holding a charge. That being said, I generally only use them when I go out, but still, I think they're a good choice to a new vaper. Or if you want something smaller to carry about with you.

We all have different experiences with devices, but I've always had good luck with Ego style batteries.

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
The reason the iPhone is made in China is because, well, there is no U.S. manufacturer of most of the electronic components used. And there is no U.S. manufacturer because, well, American workers expect a living wage, insurance, and retirement. The U.S. Government expects EPA environmental control which costs money to comply with (no regulations in China -- none at all. You can dump whatever you want into the rivers, literally). And there are no exorbitant taxes in China like in the U.S. So, goodbye American manufacturing. Nice knowing ya.

As for Apple, they do not make their own components, except in rare cases. The processor itself is (I believe) made by Samsung (Korea). That's why Steve Jobs was afraid of suing Samsung (as he threatened) for "ripping off" the Iphone with some of their Android models. Why? Because his own iPhone has Samsung hardware in it. It would be kind of a conflict of interest if he sued the company that made his phone work. :laugh: Apple nowadays (unlike the 80's) just designs products and sends the blueprints to Korea and China for manufacture. There's only a few chip fab plants in the world, and most of them are in Asia (I believe Intel has one in Britain and in the USA). AMD has most all of theirs in Asia, which is why they are less expensive than Intel.

Even though the Iphone is made primarily in China with components made in other parts of Asia, it is still way expensive. This is why, I think, most people use Android.

iPhones and many other highly demanded electronic products are made in China because there is literally NOT enough people in any other area of the world, population wise, to meet the demand of the number of units required by the global demand. One "iPhone" factory in China requires tens of 1,000s of engineers and technical people, just at that one site. Not gonna happen in Murica. And yes, we all know Apple doesn't "make" anything other than great ideas and markets them. Neither does any other global brand (Samsung, Walmart, Nike, Reebok, etc.).

Back on topic...Ego is NOT a brand, people. I only recommend authentic, brand named "ego style" batteries. Joyetech, Innokin, and Vision I will recommend without hesitation. I have experience with all three, all good. And of course, a REPUTABLE vendor (B&M or a registered supplier to this forum) is the other half of the equation in having an excellent vape/battery experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread