Status
Not open for further replies.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Dang it, perusing this thread on how bad eGo are I guess I'll have to throw away my 3 1/2 year old eGo I still use at times. I'd have three of them that age but for my own stupidity....you can't adjust a RDA coil with metal tweezers while firing it on an eGo....:laugh:

Sure you can. Once. :evil:

Ohms Lawbreaker

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Right Behind You
the customer is always right is one of the most inane things ever said.
the only people that believe this are ones who use it as an excuse to act like a donkey.
ask any one you know who ever worked as wait staff.
regards
mike

Right on. I understand the philosophy but in practice it just is not true. I used to work in a hardware and general supply store, and people never knew what they wanted or needed for a particular job, and were often wrong when they thought they did. Trick is to inform folks without sounding like a pompous blowhard jerk and then let them make up their own fool minds anyway. Not saying anyone here is like that at all.

Ohms Lawbreaker

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Right Behind You
You can if it's an eGo-C Twist. Thank goodness. My Russian 91% coil was shorting quite a bit at first.The eGo just flashed at me.

Hmmm. Did not know that. This guy, rurwin, he's the guy. Listen to him, he's like Stephen Hawking on steroids. ;) Guy races particles like NASCAR and NASA all rolled into one.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Hey newbies, don't let garbage propaganda discourage you from vaping! If you want to get yourself an authentic Ego or even Kgo then pull the trigger and go for it. Tons of us have been very happy that we did.

sorry, I havent finished the thread but want to say this before it gets shut down...

newbies please read the above ! don't ever let anyone make you feel bad or stupid or shamed for the device(s) you choose to use. the only thing that matters is if you are happy and it helps you quit!

Funny thing is I know more about electronics (and physics) than any of the people working at my vape shop. So I find it humorous that anyone would claim I "don't know what I am talking about." ..................... What do they think I am trying to pull? I can't get money back (nor am I asking for it). I want it replaced and I find it a slap in the face that they must "test" it as if they are some electronic engineers or something. What it says is they think all of their customers are liars. Not a good way to do business, especially since I am a frequent customer who has spent several hundred bucks over a couple month period on juices, batteries, tanks, etc.

I have to say..... that if I owned a vape shop and had an extremely difficult customer I might be inclined to refund their money and then ban them from my store
just sayin................

vaping on my (real) ego and greatly enjoying it :)

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
I am still fairly new to vaping. While I may not have the time logged a lot of members here have, due to my background, I do know a lot about electronics, physics, computer science, etc.

My point here is to warn newbs about cheap batteries.
If you would have stopped right there then this would have been much more well received. Not nearly as entertaining, but much more beneficial to newbs. That's my opinion though. I also like entertainment from the forum so for that I thank you for not stopping there.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I have 8 Joye Ego C upgrade passthroughs (650 and 1000mah) in rotation right now. Six of those I've been using since October 2012. I also use the Joyce CCs, EVODs, T3s minis and iSmoka minis as well as Smok AROs as well as the Joye Eroll (three full kits and an additional 12 batteries) that I'm equally happy with. I have multiple backup Joye C upgrade regular and passthrough batteries and dozens of the mentioned clearos and Type A attys in backup. That should pretty well tell how confident I am in these products. The only product I've ever been burned by was a SMOK L Rider Corola and that was by the Smoktek store. Its unfair to lump all members of a group together while ignoring individual differences: That's called "prejudice" and "discrimination." There are good and bad companies in every country. As for being treated badly, that's... sorry, your own fault... "fool me once......" kind of thing. I'll never do business with Smoktek again for instance. I will continue buying SMOK ARO clearos and probably buy one of their pyrex tanks to try. To steer "noobs" away from reputable companies and products based on prejudice is irresponsible to say the least. Joye batteries are some of the most user-friendly, safe and dependable ones out there for entry prices. If you can't overcome your prejudice, then go to the original innovator.... Ovale (Italian I believe).... but they're made by Joye. Your bad experience... sorry to hear it.... is not as much with the producer of the product as it is the vendor you chose to deal with. They're profit margin is not as narrow as they would have you believe. They could have made things right.

Edit: JFYI, I have seldom read a post here that disturbed me quite so much but then most prejudice does. My advice is to backup, chill and do some serious thinking about where hour head's at. And, btw, I also vape a few select Dekang and Hangsen juices without any concerns... and I'm not Chinese.

Last edited:

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
sorry, I havent finished the thread but want to say this before it gets shut down...

newbies please read the above ! don't ever let anyone make you feel bad or stupid or shamed for the device(s) you choose to use. the only thing that matters is if you are happy and it helps you quit!

[...]

It's not what you have it's how you use it :D

giggity.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I have over a dozen EGO's. 2 I got in a clearance sale were really cheap crap, one died after 2nd charge, the other in a week, but I expected something was wrong by the price I paid, lost $15 and got some parts for modding. 2 others I got from China only last half the time they should, so I put them in my PCC for spares when needed. The others work great, so my experience is around a 25% failure rate, but I still like EGO's for my out and about setup, I carry 4 when I leave the house, my big mods are, well Big for carting around at work. Just My Thoughts

Vape On
Burnie
:vapor:

Back to watching and :pop:
PopCornEatingGirl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread