EHPro EA MOD Side Fire Button Getting Hot on Chain Vaping (Need Suggestions for Fix) Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryCagen

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
NOLA
www.facebook.com
I recently (a couple weeks ago) purchased an EHPro EA mod and I have had about 3 or 4 builds on it thus far. I have noticed during a chain vape that the side fire button heats up pretty darn hot. I have taken the battery out when the button is hot and the battery feels fine, the chamber feels fine and of course the atty is hot. But it seems like it should not heat up so fast.....and by chain vape, I mean it gets hot after the 5th or 6th 3 second vape....then the fire button is hot....

I have heard that the mod needs a good cleaning or sanding of the contacts in order to correct the problem. But I was under the impression my contacts are gold plated brass contacts. I am also using the new Sony IMR vtc5 2100mah 30A batteries.

All feedback is greatly appreciated. Keep in mind the model I have when resolving issue. EHPro EA MOD, 2 weeks old....

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Sorry I was sort with you I happens to read like 5 posts w/the same thing happening and stupid people were giving bad advice, side firing mods are dope imo, but they always build the buttons like crap, but even my nemi will get hot on the b button when I'm running out hard,, lots builds for long time, that's why most mods have a collapsible spring, it will drop when it gets hot, they call it a hot spring.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

AngryCagen

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
NOLA
www.facebook.com
thanks for the info Tbev. I was actually thinking of getting a bottom fire mod. But my budget range is around 40-50, so that kind of limits me to the clone wars. I do like the nemi and it is at the top of my list, but I am sure a couple upgrades (magnets, copper contacts) where I can apply and it would be a great device.......Your MOD shown in your picture looks pretty bad .... I have a Vamo, but I have only up the watts to about 10 on a few atty's because I don't want it to taste like a commodore 64........if you know what I mean. I have not had a VV/VW device that can handle anything below 1.3Ω. They get pricey as I am sure you are well aware of.

Lunger

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
South Florida
I have this mod and had the same problem. It would only happen when I would go ultra low sub ohm in the .2-.4 range. At .5 and above it does well and doesn't get hot, just a little warm. I've replaced the springs before, lightly sanded the contacts, added new contacts, did just about everything you can imagine. There is no fix as far as I know, it's just that this mod is not suitable for very low sub ohm due to the button design causing too much resistance. I stopped using this mod for low sub ohm months ago, have been using a copper stingray and copper nemesis with a plume veil and a mudation x rda for low sub ohm. I use the EA now only for out and about and for work with an IGO rda usually at 1ohm in shorty mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread