Intermittent fire button on your tube mod > this is the fix for mine (with photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Your mech tube mod fire button may [not] be designed like mine is, so obviously this thread will be of no help to you ... but, if you have a contact screw on your fire button that looks like mine, you [may] be getting intermittent firing like I did.

In the photo below, you can see that the head of this copper plated contact screw has points on it that are shaped for use with a standard wrench. The biggest problem is that the head is very wide causing the points to sometimes contact the outer vinyl wrapping on the end of the battery.

And when this happens, it don't always make a good metal to metal contact .. fiddling with the fire button by putting a sideways load on it with your finger when pushing the fire button in, will then usually get the mod to fire.

Here is a photo of the large copper plated fire button contact, and a photo showing the Efest battery's red vinyl covering:

ContactPoints5.jpg

King8.jpg

This fix for this problem is to remove the fire button contact screw and grind off those points on it ... This obviously made the contact a round shape and smaller in diameter. Here is the photo after modification (I polished the contact screw after grinding it with the Dremel)

King9.jpg

Now the vinyl on the battery don't interfere with the fire button brass contact when the fire button is pressed .... Problem FIXED!

Hey ... if this helps just one member here, I'm happy :)

Last edited:

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
While were talking about mods that don't fire properly, here is another problem I have run into:

The little center firing pin in the bottom of your atomizer's 510 connection needs to protrude slightly from the outer threaded part.

If it don't, and both these pieces are of equal length, you won't get a good electrical connection. In fact, it could result in a dead short.

This was the problem I had with a Kanger Aerotank Mega I sometimes use ... What I had to do was remove the atomizer's center pin and then grind down the outer threaded part slightly.

Once the center pin was re-installed, it then protruded out past the threaded part (which was now ground down shorter) ... FIXED

Here is a photo showing how the pin now sticks out further that the threaded part:

AerotankMegaCenterPin.jpg

Last edited:

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
While were talking about mods that don't fire properly, here is another problem I have run into:

The little center firing pin in the bottom of your atomizer's 510 connection needs to protrude slightly from the outer threaded part.

If it don't, and both these pieces are of equal length, you won't get a good electrical connection. In fact, it could result in a dead short.

This was the problem I had with a Kanger Aerotank Mega I sometimes use ... What I had to do was remove the atomizer's center pin and then grind down the outer threaded part slightly.

Once the center pin was re-installed, it then protruded out past the threaded part (which was not ground down shorter) ... FIXED

Here is a photo showing how the pin now sticks out further that the threaded part:

AerotankMegaCenterPin.jpg
This problem is worse on a mod with a hybrid 510 connection like a 4nine where you can easily end up with a dead short using an atomizer with a too short center pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread