Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Only you can decide if it's worth it to you.

If you are not a high wattage vaper, then no, it's not a good fit for you. If the tanks you use don't have REALLY OPEN airflow control, then no, it's not a good fit for you. I tried my Protanks w/ v2 airflow base (single coils) on my 20watt iStick and they didn't work very well. So back on the MVP they went.

The iStick 20watt ran very hot. It is was not capable of down regulating power (it widely inaccurate, especially at lower voltages). I don't know if this problem has been fixed on not. In the end, it won't matter to many vapers buying this devise as they will not be running their tanks at lower wattage/voltage.

Features and Specs:

510 Threaded
Variable Wattage (VW) and Variable Voltage (VV) mode
Maximum Output Wattage: 30 Watts
Dimensions: 3-1/8" x 1-5/16" x 13/16"
Adjustable Voltage: the voltage is adjustable from 2.0V to 8.0V
Adjustable Wattage: the wattage is adjustable from 5W to 30W
Minimum Resistance: from 0.4 ohm
Built-in battery: Capacity 2200 mAh - to last all day long
Incremental OLED screen: battery condition, atomizer resistance, wattage and voltage
Battery Protections: atomizer short circuit protection, over 10 second protection and low voltage protection (battery lower than 3.3V)
Micro USB rechargeable: supports charging with a 1Amp wall adaptor which is faster

Last edited:

DRock1984

Jan 29, 2015
Thanks for the info. That's pretty much what I read on their website. I'm curious if it has overcharge protection. It doesn't say it does in the specs but that is something I would expect from a device like this. I will be using an Aspire Atlantis on it if I get one so it would be ran on high wattage. The airflow is great on that tank at least in my opinion. I tend to not have the luxury of monitoring a battery as it charges so I like built in protection for overcharging. I heard that all the issues people had with the 20w version have been fixed in the new 30w version. I want to know if any users out there can attest to these claims.

Reactions: Cheeks

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I heard that all the issues people had with the 20w version have been fixed in the new 30w version. I want to know if any users out there can attest to these claims.

There have been a few issues with the iStick 20w for UK users. Since the main gripe is a pushed down centre pin, then that's a big improvement.
The 20w couldn't (or you weren't supposed to) fire sub ohm coils... so no Atlantis or sub tank. (not that I'm into that...)

If you are really concerned, I would recommend not buying it just yet, as they're too new to tell for sure. I am ordering one regardless, as my first 20w has seen a lot of action and (whilst working) is showing signs of tiredness. I unwrapped a new one last week to take it's place... gradually.

I got one yesterday, can't really say how it will perform over time but my initial impressions are:

I fits in my hand really nicely and the buttons are solid, readout clear and it runs all 4 of my atomisers fine.

The only thing I have noticed is that it was reading my eGo One 0.5 coil as 0.4 but after one vape it read 0.5. Today the eGo One is reading at 0.4 again.

It also reads Aspire Nautilus BVC 1.6 Ohm coil at 1.8Ω and my Kanger Protank 3 Dual Coil Unit at 1.7Ω not the stated 1.5Ω. Can't say for sure whether it is the state of the coils at 4 days use or the reliability of the coil builds or the accuracy of the mod. Sadly I don't have another mod to compare it with.

I does read my Kanger Suntank Mini 1.2 Ohm coil correctly, haven't put the 0.5 coil in the Subtank yet.

Regardless I'm loving it.

Montecarlols

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2015
Boynton Beach
After owning the 20w version for a month and loving it, I ordered another 20w and a 30w to try it with the Atlantis tank. At .5 ohms and 25-30 watts its a beast for its size. I've also ran everything from 2.5 ohm evods and mini aerotank(with ego adapter), to full sized nautilus and mini tanks. Works great across the board. I would recommend for the $40 price. To have the option to sub ohm or use regular tanks it's pretty nice, especially for beginners to intermediate vapers

KLR650Tagg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2014
Springfield MO.
I like mine so much i bought 2! Brilliant mod, and its not a boring box.

20150208_094911.jpg

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
The iStick 30W is a good device, bearing in mind the (realistically) non-replaceable battery it's likely to last as long as any mod, ie until you yearn for something new!
It has short circuit protection.
I use both 20W and 30W iSticks with Protank 2 & 3 fitted with V1 aero controls, with Nautilus Mini, and with Sub mini. Rarely do I exceed 10W, but the iStick 30 is worth the small price premium over the 20 for the power lock and the improved 510 connection.
You will like the iStick 30W, I'm sure of that. The wisdom of crowds says you will, the buying public is never wrong.

DRock1984

Jan 29, 2015
Thanks for the replies everyone! I tried one in a local shop and I loved the warmth it produces to the vaping experience. I believe I will grab one. As for tj99959 we have discussed lipo cells before. I appreciate your knowledge on the issues with them. I will eventually upgrade to removable battery mods, but for now I don't feel confident I have enough knowledge to jump right into that level. I'm still learning about batteries and safety. Don't be surprised if I hit you up when I'm ready to upgrade.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I'm also a relatively new iStick 30W owner. I did a lot of research before buying, and as has been mentioned, all the problems that were pretty obvious with the 20W have been corrected with the 30W. I think that says something about how responsive eLeaf is to their customers because they made the improvements pretty quickly. I'm running an eLeaf GS Air clearomizer on mine right now and love it as well - low priced, great flavor, cheap coils, good vapor production.

Incidentally, there is something to be said for mods that you don't always have to be replacing batteries. When you're comparing prices between the 2 kinds of mods, you need to factor in the price of a couple of really good batteries which could run you an extra $20 above what you pay for the mod. There is a lot of convenience in just plugging in your mod and letting it charge. The iStick does have passthrough mode, so you can vape while it charges.

Cirrusx1

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Buffalo Grove , IL, USA
I have the 20w and 30w. The 30w is flipping brilliant! I was going to get a 50w when they're available but I'm rethinking that. The 30w has all the power I realistically need, the battery life is great and I love the small size. By the time they die I'll be wanting the next generation of mods anyway so I'm not worried about them not having a replaceable battery.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I bought a 20 watt iStick a while back just for out of the house vaping. It's compact and I can plug it into the USB port in our vehicles instead of carrying a battery box around.

I'll probably buy a 30 watt iStick if if has buck and boost converters. I generally wind 2 ohm coils for my Kayfun. That puts me around 9 watts on a freshly charged iStick 20W. It's a good vape. When the battery starts to wane I can crank it up a bit.

If you are buying 1.3 or 1.5 ohm stock coils, it will be a little on the hot side for some until the battery drops and allows you to regulate voltage.

Until I hear that the iStick 30W definitely has a buck converter along with the boost converter, I'll pass. I think someone up topic indicated that it does, so that's a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread