Ever lost a piece of your RDA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
Frederick, MD
And not been able to find a replacement anywhere?

Story - I was in Manhattan a little while ago with my trusty Stingray mech and Mutation X v4. Walking the streets, goofing with friends, on the way to a show. Something epic ensued and I triumphantly threw both arms up while holding my vape. The top/afc flies off, takes a two hop, straight into the gutter :yawn: My first rda taboot!

I have looked EVERYWHERE to find a replacement, to no avail. So I guess this is a 2 part thread:
  • Have you ever lost a vital piece of an RDA? Did you find a replacement? Scrap it altogether? Go out and buy a new one?
  • Anyone know where I can get the missing piece for my Mutation X v4? Kind of lost with her :tumble:
Thanks!

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Story - I was in Manhattan a little while ago with my trusty Stingray mech and Mutation X v4. Walking the streets, goofing with friends, on the way to a show. Something epic ensued and I triumphantly threw both arms up while holding my vape. The top/afc flies off, takes a two hop, straight into the gutter :yawn: My first RDA taboot!

I have looked EVERYWHERE to find a replacement, to no avail. So I guess this is a 2 part thread:
  • Have you ever lost a vital piece of an RDA? Did you find a replacement? Scrap it altogether? Go out and buy a new one?
  • Anyone know where I can get the missing piece for my Mutation X v4? Kind of lost with her :tumble:
Thanks!

This one is now your Spare parts............should you replace with same.

So far, I just drop fill screws in medium colored carpet :-x I replace o-rings on RDA's if needed to keep them snug.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
As Crxess said use that as your spare parts a new one should be around 25-30 dollars or so. Also from experience (lived in this damn city almost 30 years) don't throw your hands up and cheer in what we call "tourist" Manhattan. It shows the lurking scavengers that you're not from here and makes you a prime target to get pick pocketed or plain robbed if they see a chance, especially around the Broadway or Time Square area. The scum of the earth goes there and lurks for just this type of thing unfortunately.

Currently in stock as of this posting:
Mutation X V4 RDA

The sewer rats thank you for your donation! :)

Reactions: phanner

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Story - I was in Manhattan a little while ago with my trusty Stingray mech and Mutation X v4. Walking the streets, goofing with friends, on the way to a show. Something epic ensued and I triumphantly threw both arms up while holding my vape. The top/afc flies off, takes a two hop, straight into the gutter :yawn: My first RDA taboot!

Thanks!
Not an RDA. Way back i was vaping on a Protank 3 riding the bus down town. The bus stopped suddenly abd my vape hit the back of the seat in front of me. The tip flew off and i couldn't find the tip and couldn't vape till i got home to a backup.

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
Not an RDA. Way back i was vaping on a Protank 3 riding the bus down town. The bus stopped suddenly abd my vape hit the back of the seat in front of me. The tip flew off and i couldn't find the tip and couldn't vape till i got home to a backup.
I lost the drip tip off mt Mutation MT once & just put my lips around the top of tank!:lol: Never stop vaping!:headbang:

fitzinthewindow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2015
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Thanks!
I have a Velocity clone which quickly became my favorite RDA. The quality of the vape, along with it's deck design, makes this thing a winner. This particular clone, though, came with some really crappy screws. They are phillips head, which should be great, but they easily stripped out, and in only a month or so I found myself going through all of the backup screws that came with it. I measured the screws carefully, and then off to the internet I went in persuit of replacement screws. I bought four different sizes as close as I could find to the original thinking that I could eventually use them on other RDA's if they didn't work on this one. Well, none fit. In fact, the one that was closest, and I thought was correct, wound up getting stuck in the RDA. It screwed up the internal threading and now nothing will hold in there--in fact I've got 3 of the four holes stuck with stripped screws that I can't get out, rendering the thing useless.

My eventual solution was just to purchase another clone--this one with larger screws. (What's interesting is that none of the four replacement sets I purchase fit in this one either.) Oh, well, the new one is working great, I just find it sad that I have this other RDA that's in perfect condition, save the stripped, stuck screws. Such a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread