gandalf and dragons fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
so hey i jumped on the band wagon and got some gandalf and dragons fire from HHV.

though I did let them sit for almost 3 days now caps off, then "speed steeped" them in hot water. The hot water thing made an enormous difference in flavor. I cannot even begin to describe the awesomeness of chocolate in dragons fire.

Though gandalf is still a bit perfume flavored and maybe it needs more steeping.

but i am wondering, what would happen if i simply mixed both bottles together?

i mean the world wont end or Chuck Norris wont roundhouse kick me or anything right ?

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
There is no way to speed steep Gandalf that quickly. I understand the need to try it, but keep smelling it. When the perfumy scent stops, it is okay to try, but it continues to evolve for 21 days. I have had some luck in a pinch by shaking it daily and uncapping it perhaps 10-15 percent of the time. If you use this method, it will be better (but still not what it should be) in ten days. Be careful leaving it uncapped too much, it also is not good for the juice. The minimum recommended method is one day open, 20 capped in the dark. Some experienced HHV vapers whose opinions I respect suggest more dark time.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
It's ok to mix them if you like it that way.

I'm vaping Gandollum as I write this post. In case you're wondering, "Gandollum" is my proprietary blend of Gandalf and Gollum. It's mixed in a very scientific way - some Gandalf and a bit of Gollum. Or perhaps some Gollum and bit of Gandalf. In either case, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
There is no way to speed steep Gandalf that quickly. I understand the need to try it, but keep smelling it. When the perfumy scent stops, it is okay to try, but it continues to evolve for 21 days. I have had some luck in a pinch by shaking it daily and uncapping it perhaps 10-15 percent of the time. If you use this method, it will be better (but still not what it should be) in ten days. Be careful leaving it uncapped too much, it also is not good for the juice. The minimum recommended method is one day open, 20 capped in the dark. Some experienced HHV vapers whose opinions I respect suggest more dark time.

What about this method? I've been considering giving it a try.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-ultrasonic-cleaner-part-ii.html#post7704086

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Not to hijack the thread or anything but what the heck does this infamous "Gandalf" taste like? I went to HHV and read the description but all I got was "It has qualities that go well beyond traditional tobacco vapes" So based on that I'm assuming it's a tobacco juice with some additional flavors? I'm a bit weary becausse of all the mention of the "perfumy" aroma. Not a fan of perfumy....

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
Not to hijack the thread or anything but what the heck does this infamous "Gandalf" taste like? I went to HHV and read the description but all I got was "It has qualities that go well beyond traditional tobacco vapes" So based on that I'm assuming it's a tobacco juice with some additional flavors?

To me it tastes like agave with a light tobacco. After reading Eddard's post, though, I'm not sure if I let it steep long enough.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
A buttered mildly fruity (many describe it as light cherry, to me it is more like a light blueberry, but even that is not quite the right description) light tobacco. It has a complex flavor with spicy undertones as well.

This juice should not taste or smell perfumy when it is finished steeping. When you try it the first time, do yourself a favor and give it the 21 days. Shake it, take the cap off the first day, then recap it, give it a good shaking and put it in a dark for 20 days. It will make all the difference in the world.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Not to hijack the thread or anything but what the heck does this infamous "Gandalf" taste like? I went to HHV and read the description but all I got was "It has qualities that go well beyond traditional tobacco vapes" So based on that I'm assuming it's a tobacco juice with some additional flavors? I'm a bit weary becausse of all the mention of the "perfumy" aroma. Not a fan of perfumy....

There are no additional flavors in Gandalf, it's a straight tobacco extract. If it's perfume-y, just take the cap off for a couple of days and let the alcohol evaporate.

Ray D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
PA

Give it a long enough steep, and there's no perfume. I didn't detect any and I'm really sensitive to the perfumy flavors.

To me, it tastes like pipe tobacco. Specifically, a lighter pipe tobacco with hints of cherry.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
A buttered mildly fruity (many describe it as light cherry, to me it is more like a light blueberry, but even that is not quite the right description) light tobacco. It has a complex flavor with spicy undertones as well.

Good description, maybe a hint of vanilla also.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
GT once described Gandalf as 'a moving target'. That's probably the best description yet, as Gandalf seems to have a different tatse to different people. For me personally, Gandalf tasted like stale burnt rice cakes. After a month of steeping, now it just tastes like stale rice cakes. But I LOVE Shadowfax, and I enjoy Heavenly Tobacco, while others swear by Pirate's Booty, or Huntsman, or Serindipity......
Best Advise- Go to Heathers Heavenly Vapes and start trying them, there's bound to be several you'll love.

P.S. No Offense intended to Gandalf Grouppies, just didn't do it for me.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
well, my opinion gandalf and dragons fire both have a definate chocolate taste, theres some fruityness to gandalf and perhaps some vanilla to dragons fire. but from what im reading they havent steeped long enough.

but i really love the flavor im tasting, cant wait to hit 10 days and try them again.

though my order from fuzion just arrived, so my focus has now shifted away from gandalf and on to all the "blood" flavors!

Ray D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
PA
Yes indeed, GT. I agree with that. There are parts of it I cannot describe. The spiciness part is a unique flavor. It tastes like Gandalf.

I don't get any spiciness to Gandalf, but Pirate Booty is very spicy to me.

BTW, nice Username, but by Westerosi law, you may not use a Lannister sigil and words while also claiming Ned's name. Seven save you, the old gods will not. :p

wootze

vaping the bone.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Winston Salem, NC

There may not be any added flavor in HHV nets. They are, for the most part, pipe tobaccos, which can be flavored long before they get to Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread