General question(s about device like the Infinity and buzz pros

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmako

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
USA
I am currently a user of the ego-T and wish to move up a notch. Now the obvious choice is a VV device and I have settled on a notcigs device (US made) vs. say a volcano.

Now as far as my current ego-T goes I love the ease and flavor, battery life is an issue. But with these VV devices it seems to me that one basically uses a cartomiser with a tank. Now I have tried with limited success a tank (Smoktech) on my ego 650 battery.

So do tanks/cartos work much better on a VV like an Infinity/Buzz? Beside using say a 510 to ego connecter.

Also are there attys that can be used on a Infinity/Pro that have the ease of say an Ego Tank? I don't want to get into dripping.

Hope this makes sense just trying to understand my options after moving up to a Infinity/Buzz.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Anything the Ego can run the Buzz or infinity Pros can run. You don't need a tank but they work very well on both of them. Basically all your changing is the power supply. variable Voltage gives you the option to find the perfect voltage level for what ever carto, atty or tank you decide to use. It's kind of like having all PVs in one. With fixed voltage like your ego has you are stuck at that level and that's it. Egos are great PVs for fixed voltage but once you try variable you won't use it to often. I have a device like the ego I still vape some times but mostly my Buzz Pro and Infinity Pro.
BTW Mike has an Ego sized Variable in the designing stages right now but it will be awhile before it's ready for prime time.

Oh and Welcome to the notcig forum.

Last edited:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
You can use just about anything on them , Ego parts need and adapter from 510 -510 because of the skirt on the atty , As far what is best for an atty/ carto that is up to you ! many people do not like cartos really , me being one of them , I use a Ce2r4 carto ( taste more like an atty ) with an M1A1 tank .

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
You can use just about anything on them , Ego parts need and adapter from 510 -510 because of the skirt on the atty , As far what is best for an atty/ carto that is up to you ! many people do not like cartos really , me being one of them , I use a Ce2r4 carto ( taste more like an atty ) with an M1A1 tank .

You can use ce2s in the m1a1???

I might have to look into that.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
You pick the connector type with these pv - 510 901 808 801.

I just used normal cartos with them for a half year, until notcigs came out with their m1a1 carto tank. These pv would also be fine with other tanks, just that I know notcigs had goody products and the m1a1 had proven to be rock solid

If you have a 510 tank that specifically works using the ego cone thread, p pick up a couple dollar 510 to ego adapter.

On the notcigs vv you generally want to use higher ohms, since you can use the higher voltage of the device to get more power.

Along with tanks, you still have the options of standalone cartos or atties, same as on an ego.

What you get with the notcigs pvs is high quality, well regulated, long lasting, variable voltage. The liquid delivery method is your choice.

dmako

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
USA
Okay so if I were to get the following I would cover all bases:

Infinity Pro (subject to change to Buzz)
M1A1 tank 1"
Pick up some BOGE cartos too
Spare 1 1/2" tank body (can swap with 1" using M1A1 top/bottom)
510 to 510 Ego adapter (with cone threads)
510 to 801 adapter (For Fusions)

Now I can still use my 510 ego tanks and my SmokTech LR tank.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Yes, that's right. On the Boge make sure to go for stainless steel body, rather than colored, and I would tend to go for their 3 ohm rather than 2. Alternately, Ikenvape sells native 510 cartos in stainless steel, they're good too.

Correct, you can swap M1A1 bodies, just move the end caps, that's absolutely fine. In my case, since it turns out that I'm really content with the 1" tank size I'll likely end up just cutting down my 1-1/2" body, turn it into a second 1-1/2". That 1-1/2" tank size will, I believe, work fine with classic smoketech DCC (someone will correct me if I'm wrong)..

A 510 - eGo adapter will get you to the eGo skirt needed for some ego-specific atties/tanks, correct.

On the 510/801 adapter, please note that the Ikenvape stealth 510/801 adapter is not recommended for use with fusions -- there's a note for it right on his site. He also sells a non-stealth 510/801 which is okay for fusions.

You'll need to punch or slot your cartos for the tanks, unless you can get pre-punched. If you have a dremel it's trivial, using the dremel tube-cutting wheel to slot. Otherwise there are multiple punch methods that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread