GGTS Clone/CCST/Chi Chi Show and Tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickturpin

Jan 15, 2013
liverpool
All I use is rba's, as long as you take your time and make sure you set it up right you will be good to go. If you get the fuse your even better protected.
I find its easier to use a VV device set at 3-3.3v to set up my rba's the mec mods tend to be unforgiving and will pop a bad coil before you have a chance to work it out

hey mate maybe you can help me. thought i`d try a RBA so took a chance on a DID clone but cant get it working the coil keeps snapping when its heated up. i`m using an ego v6 lowest voltage is 4 volts. i`m oxidizing the mesh over the cooker hob burning it till its bright orange, cooling it in water then repeating 5-6 times, so think i`m oxidizing that pretty well. tried wrapping the coil between 3-5 turns around the wick, with evenly spaced turns, but everytime i fire it up i get a hot spot at the top and it just burns out/breaks. not sure what gauge wire was in the kit, but could it be the wrong gauge wire for a 4 volt device. i`m a total noob when it comes to these. my head hurts! lol. any input on what i`m doing wrong or what i need to do to get this thing going would be really apprciated :toast:

dickturpin

Jan 15, 2013
liverpool
All I use is RBA's, as long as you take your time and make sure you set it up right you will be good to go. If you get the fuse your even better protected.
I find its easier to use a VV device set at 3-3.3v to set up my RBA's the mec mods tend to be unforgiving and will pop a bad coil before you have a chance to work it out

your wire might not be " tight" enough on your wick. sometimes i have one that sticks out because the wire is " spring" like. burn your wire also. just a quick flame. that will help the wire not spring. hope it helps.

thanks for replying. i`v managed to get it going, but......... it tastes like sh#t lol. there`s a strong metalic taste coming through so much so that its unusable as it is, i cant even taste the flavour of my juice. any idea whats going wrong here.. i thought rba`s were a cleaner vape! us joking, i`m obviously still doing something wrong,any ideas what?

jralabate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Nampa, Idaho
www.about.me
thanks for replying. i`v managed to get it going, but......... it tastes like sh#t lol. there`s a strong metalic taste coming through so much so that its unusable as it is, i cant even taste the flavour of my juice. any idea whats going wrong here.. i thought rba`s were a cleaner vape! us joking, i`m obviously still doing something wrong,any ideas what?

SS mesh needs time to brake in about 2-3 tanks sometimes

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA

Metallic taste is a hot spot. Have you dry fired the coil with a dry SS wick and see where the hot spot is? Nudge the hot spot with a pin until it glows evenly with the other coil. If you hot spot is at the top between the wick and the post, try putting a kink in the top coil where it leaves the wick to the post. I use a pair of needle nose pliers and make the wire come off the wick in an "L" shape off the top coil. Or a "Q" is how the wire looks coming off the wick.

dickturpin

Jan 15, 2013
liverpool
SS mesh needs time to brake in about 2-3 tanks sometimes

Metallic taste is a hot spot. Have you dry fired the coil with a dry SS wick and see where the hot spot is? Nudge the hot spot with a pin until it glows evenly with the other coil. If you hot spot is at the top between the wick and the post, try putting a kink in the top coil where it leaves the wick to the post. I use a pair of needle nose pliers and make the wire come off the wick in an "L" shape off the top coil. Or a "Q" is how the wire looks coming off the wick.

Thanks for replying guys i`v managed to sort it out i done 2 things one was wash the thing out. YES, i now know before use these things should be given a real cleaning out!:laugh: lol and the other thing was oxidize the mesh a little more as suggested by someone on youtube. forgive me for being a total noob. its now firing up perfectly! already thinking of an upgrade to something with a little more quality about it lol :D THANKS AGAIN!

sanman969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Seattle, WA
Woot! Mine arrived today!

For the money I like it so far.

IMG_0182.jpg

dickturpin

Jan 15, 2013
liverpool
Woot! Mine arrived today!

For the money I like it so far.

View attachment 169884

It's here! yay! :) did a light sand around all the parts cause i don't like fingerprint magnets.. and it looks nicer with the terminator :D View attachment 169900

View attachment 169903

Here it is with my Spheroid. It works great with everything else, but I have to fiddle with the air flow a bit to get the Spheroid to fire easily. It looks great on there, imho.

so what are these devices, chi chi, ccts or kts`s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread