Halo's Tiki Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejo

Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
This will be the second review in a series of six that I will be doing on Halo’s line of e-juices. I ordered a sampler pack last Thursday, received it Monday, and have been burning through the juices ever since.

The second juice that I tried was Halo’s Tiki juice. Let me just toss in here: Props to Halo for offering unique flavors that vary so much from the standard fruit and tobacco flavors that most vendors use. No disrespect to other juice vendors, but it’s refreshing to see a unique product out there that breaks from the traditional molds.

Additionally, I am still impressed every time I pick up one of these bottles by the labeling and the cool little tin that they all came in. The tin has a solid-fitting lid with ample foam to protect the bottles, and said bottles are professionally labeled with Halo's logo, the amount of juice in the bottle, the nic level, a lot #, and a best before date.

So, Tiki Juice. Halo’s site describes the juice thus:

Based on a Tahitian Tobacco profile, Tiki Juice is a hybrid tobacco blend that offers excellent vapor and throat hit. Built on a spiced tobacco base with sweet tropical top notes, this unique flavor also has a hint of our proprietary menthol base. Tiki Juice offers a unique tropical flavor that splits the difference between 'tobacco' and 'dessert' flavors.

For all these juice reviews I’m using sixty drops in a Ressurector, screwed to an E-Power 14650 (3.7v), fresh battery just to be sure.

On the drag, you get a solid sweet tobacco note; not sweet as in cake sweet, but sweet like a good pipe tobacco, or perhaps a sweeter cigar. It’s not a sickly sweet at all; but a very strong, full force smoky sweet - very enjoyable. Throat hit on the inhale is, as I am seeing in all the Halo juices, just about perfect. It’s full and satisfying, but not harsh and overpowering. This juice tickles all the right parts (!) of the throat without scratching or coughing, and the spice flavoring really shines on the inhale. The exhale is very reminiscent of the smell of a clove cigarette, while the taste is fairly neutral, with just a hint of spice and sweetness.

Vapor production is good, but not great. This is a mixed PG/VG juice, and vapes as such. I get a decent cloud, but it dissipates quickly and leaves a very spicy scent in the air. Halo doesn’t share it’s PG/VG ratios that I have found (feel free to correct me anyone who has a source to verify this), but the label states it does have both Propylene Glycol and Glycerin as ingredients, so I’m guessing at a light mix, probably near 80/20 PG/VG. It certainly vapes better than my straight PG Dekang juice, but not quite up there with CCV’s 85% VG juices.

Flavor is moderate on this juice, with the sweet and spicy notes blending very well. This is a great autumn/winter blend, as the scent it leaves behind reminds me of a cloved-up smoked ham cooking in the kitchen during the holidays. I’ve started using this as my after-dinner vape and it has not disappointed. The flavor isn’t as in your face as the Malibu menthol was, but this juice still ranks on my top 5 strongest flavors list. Let it be noted that any juice I try that is too flavorful just gets ignored on that list; I only count juices that taste good with a forceful flavor.

This juice also represents a decent value in both the sampler packs ($24.99 for six 7ml bottles) and in the large jugs ($19.99 for a 30ml bottle). I’ve ranted about it before, but I’ll repeat here that Halo does an excellent job packaging and presenting its product. In an industry of overseas English translations and homemade inkjet labels, Halo goes above and beyond with professional labels indicating all the important aspects, and has chosen to ship in corrugated cardboard boxes instead of bubble mailers.

Overall, I would give this juice the following ratings:

Flavor: 8/10 – great blending of flavors, not overpowering
Vapor: 8/10 - awesome vapor for a PG juice
Throat Hit: 9/10 – the perfect tingle without being harsh
Presentation: 10/10 - the best packaged juices I've ever purchased
Value: 9/10 - higher prices for higher quality

This is a juice I can see myself keeping on the shelf. The spiciness and clove-like qualities aren’t an all-day vape for me, but that is a matter of personal taste. As an analog user, I was never big on cloves as the spice just wears on me after a while, but YMMV.

Last edited:

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
I found vaping Tiki in my Halo G6 e-cig to be very pleasent. My wife says the smell is like a very fine pipe tobacco. Strong but pleasant.

In my Buzz pro at 4.4v on a Boge 510 SR carto its even MORE sweet..but not over the top.

Tiki is definately in my top 3 vapes, just over Malibu. My favorite vape is Ms. T's Snickerdoodle, but I only vape that after dinner to satisfy my sweet tooth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread