Hello! New With A Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUsualSuspect

Verified Member
May 18, 2014
Peoria,IL, USA
How many cigs a day were you smoking before you started vaping? I was a 2+ pad smoker. I had to start out with 24mg nic just satiate my cravings. Everybody is different though. As stated before me, you just have to find what works for you. If you've smoked for awhile, and heavily, you shouldn't have any problem puffing whenever you want. I'm a chain vaper, and after a month I vary between 18mg and 24.

PS Welcome and Congrats on the life change. You won't regret it! I know it's been said, but if you need anything don't hesitate, this is the most helpful community on the planet.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
If you change the coil everyday you will be fine, but that's not economical.

Stop throwing away your protank coils – ITCVapes

Clean your coils by dryburning;
rewick you coils.

One coil can last weeks if you maintain it.

Don't throw them out though; you might rebuild them later with kanthal wire.
Not sure I fully understand the dry burning technique. I am assuming the link you provided will tell me how. I will check it thanks.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
How many cigs a day were you smoking before you started vaping? I was a 2+ pad smoker. I had to start out with 24mg nic just satiate my cravings. Everybody is different though. As stated before me, you just have to find what works for you. If you've smoked for awhile, and heavily, you shouldn't have any problem puffing whenever you want. I'm a chain vaper, and after a month I vary between 18mg and 24.

PS Welcome and Congrats on the life change. You won't regret it! I know it's been said, but if you need anything don't hesitate, this is the most helpful community on the planet.
At least a pack, sometimes a few more. Now after vaping for a few days, a cigarette seems odd and tastes bad. I will get there. I just have to get this down pat. I went into a shop yesterday where they vape inside, and they make these huge mods. Wow, it looked like cheech and chong were in the back of the store...lol. The vapor hung thick. They have a 20V mod. I saw someone exhale and told the guy helping me..."see mine does not provide even close to that much vapor" he said "oh that is not for you...you are just trying to quit cigs" "that's for people who have already quit and just LOVE vaping"
I am an old woman. I really need to quit. My sister is dying with cancer...
Thanks for everyone's help. This is a great forum!

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
I'm so very sorry to hear about your sister. We will keep you in our thoughts. If you need someone to talk to, or just need someone to rant at, please PM me. I know from personal experience that just having someone you can vent to can help.

You are doing great so far. There is a bit of a learning curve, but you are asking questions and it sounds like you are getting the hang of things. This is a good forum, with a lot of great people who just love to help people, so keep asking questions about things you are not sure of. There are no "dumb" questions here. We all had to learn.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Not sure I fully understand the dry burning technique. I am assuming the link you provided will tell me how. I will check it thanks.

short clip illustrating dryburning

To see the coil you have to take the top spire off; you'll need a pliers to do that.

Press the button till the coil just starts to glow, then release.

Last edited:

Viola

Apr 6, 2014
Oregon
Hello and welcome! You will get lots of great advice here and you will get it figured out. I'm an old woman, too, and I did it.

The most important advice you will get here is if you want to quit analogs you can and don't give up!

My sister also died of cancer in April. It started in her kidney and moved to her lungs. I thoughts will be with you. You are welcome to PM me, too, any time. Just talking to someone can help.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I'm very sorry to hear about your sister.

"Cloud Chasing" is what it's called when Vapers want huge clouds. I have no interest in it myself, but it can be fun to watch. Our local vape group just had a meet and we had a cloud competition. Guys (and one lady) who participated had been practicing and building coils for a few weeks getting ready for it. There were some major clouds. It was very impressive, but not for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread