Help: Dying Kr808 batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vvap

Nov 30, 2010
NY
Hey guys,

I bought a Kr808d-1 starter kit from V4L. 1 of the 2 batteries that came with it died within 2 weeks. The other one has basically become useless (charge it for 3 hrs, get 10 mins of vaping out of it). I've bought a few replacements from V4L and I've had the same problems (either completely die, have short battery life, or worsened vapor production within a few weeks).

Can you guys recommend me the best Kr808 batteries (website or specific model) in terms of not dying/keep long charges/keeping vapor production up?

tresrottn

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
Bothell, WA
They have a warranty on their batteries, do they not? I would contact them asap.

I purchased several batteries from them, my pretty purples are still going strong after several months of daily use.

However, Kanger made the first kr8 batteries, I believe. Still have my originals from them, passed down to my 25yo vaper. Very reliable battery.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Are you buying auto batteries? If so, stop buying auto batteries. I think it is a bad idea to have auto batteries if you are refilling cartomizers. The place where a cartomizer may leak is exactly where the drag sensor of any automatic battery is.

If you are using manual batteries, extreme leaks of very loose juice (like 100% PG) could still damage them. But I have a total of 8 manual batteries from Vapor4Life (because I started with shorties then went to standards) and they are all still fine.

Other ways to kill batteries
1. screwing them into chargers too tightly can push down the center pole so it no longer contacts the cartos

2. not making sure the end of your battery is clean and dry before putting it in a charger (liquid can short it and damage it, dried liquid can prevent charging)

3. a defective charger or not providing a stable power supply of enough mA. I charge all of my batteries on 4-port USB to AC 2amp adapters (Rosewill RUC6181 from NewEgg). If you are trying to charge batteries on an unpowered USB hub, or on a PC you get static shocks on or a cheap PC, or on the same adapter where you are using a PT, then the batteries may not be getting stable power

If you want to try a battery from elsewhere buy a KR808D-1 manual battery from LiteCigUSA.net

But if you haven't been mistreating the batteries any of the ways I listed above, then I would suspect your charger.

Last edited:

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
In 3+ months and 12+ batteries from 4 different suppliers, mostly from V4L, I have only had 1 die and 2 are currently a little iffy. Only 2 manuals, the rest are autos. The one that died was not from V4L and died early on, suspect it was old stock or just a dud but I may have gotten juice in it, just don't think that was it.... One of the iffy ones is a manual... the button is going on it... the other iffy one is an auto (no name on it) that keeps working but doesn't seem to get as hot as it used to...

Sounds like really bad luck and at two weeks I would definitely return them to V4L. Other than that I can't say that any one of mine is better than the other though.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
I think you guys have identified my problem: all of the batteries that I have bought have been autos. Guess I should switch to manual.

Where have you guys had the best experience with Kr808 manual batteries? V4L? Litecigusa? Any others?

I've bought batteries from both and they're fine. Litecigusa will be cheaper.
I noticed I was starting to have some trouble with my V4L batts as well. Soaked the ends for a couple of minutes in some rubbing alcohol, let them dry and they are fine now. Juice leaking out of the cartos gunks up the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread