Help me find the best e-cig fitting this criteria:

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I ain't skeered. The vast majority of that is burnt on juice, not burnt polyfill. I think it looks a whole lot worse than it is.

After you posted that, I dug it out of the trash can and washed it under cold running water. Miraculously, it cleaned up white as new! I've learned something from you tonight, Sailorman. It sounds like you have been neck deep inside these things.

I'll try a turkey baster hot water clean and see how they taste after drying a few days. I'm all for savaging anything that isn't permanently damaged. A box of cartos is equal to buying 2 or 3 packs of smokes. I'd hate for vaping to get that expensive.

When I was vaping 2 ohm Boges at 3.4v I could usually get 5 days from a carto. Now, at upwards of 4.2v, I'm getting less. Recycling will pay off.

charlie310

Apr 17, 2012
Los Angeles
I got my fluxomizers today, and so far I am dissappointed. I admit, the draws taste much cleaner. But I am still getting that burnt taste, and the cause is the wick is burnt. Maybe it's the Volt juice that I am using that's causing all the problems.

Is there any solution that doesn't burn any material (like liquid burning directly without a wick)?

I think the problem is that the wick is dry enough that it get's burnt. How long am I suppose to wait for each draw?

Vaping is starting to tick me off. Am I suppose to carry around like 6 of these fluxomizers and rotate each one after each draw? That's sounds ridiculous to me. :(

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I use this for hot water cleaning. The carto fits perfectly into the cone that attaches to the syringe. Tie a string to it and perfect for Taryn Spin. Syringe is marked in ml so can also be used for DIY but must be nail polish clear coated. After I hot wash I use the syringe to "air blow" the carto. Dry the next day.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Apex-Oral-Medication-Small-Syringe-1-ct/10811118

After you posted that, I dug it out of the trash can and washed it under cold running water. Miraculously, it cleaned up white as new! I've learned something from you tonight, Sailorman. It sounds like you have been neck deep inside these things.

I'll try a turkey baster hot water clean and see how they taste after drying a few days. I'm all for savaging anything that isn't permanently damaged. A box of cartos is equal to buying 2 or 3 packs of smokes. I'd hate for vaping to get that expensive.

When I was vaping 2 ohm Boges at 3.4v I could usually get 5 days from a carto. Now, at upwards of 4.2v, I'm getting less. Recycling will pay off.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
No. The wick isn't burning. The wick cannot burn. It's silica and silica doesn't burn. I chain vape with a Fluxomizer all day, every day and they wick fine. The worst that happens is when they get low on juice, I have to tilt them for a couple seconds every other draw or so. You can turn them upside down and they won't leak.

If you're getting a burning taste, there are only two possibilities. Either your juice is very thick or it's not wicking fast enough for some other reason, (my guess), or the coil is contacting the small inner lip on the underside of the silicon seal on top of the cup.(you'll taste a distinct burning tire taste)

The solutions are to do one or more of the following depending on whether or not you are tasting a burnt plastic or rubber taste. Before you do any of this, make sure the Fluxo is 3/4 full and tip it upside down for 3-5 seconds. Let the wicks soak for a couple minutes.

1) use thinner juice.
2) enlarge the notches on the silicone cap with an exacto knife or similar. Dont' make them longer, make the V a little wider so the wick is not restricted.
3) don't jam the drip tip so far down on the silicone plug. Don't push it down so far that it jams the silicone into the coil. The bottom of the drip tip should just barely touch the plug.
4) Push the coil down slightly if it is raised so that it doesn't hit the silicone plug.
5) Use a pair of small maincure scissors to trim down the small inner lip on the underside of the silicone plug.
6) Fluff the wicks. Use a small hooked device, or a paperclip or something to gently lift the wicks toward the top of the notches in the side of the cup.
7) Use a hooked device like a bent paperclip to lift the silicone cap slightly. It doesn't need to be jammed down tightly on the ceramic cup.

You won't have to do all these things. Try them one by one according to what is most convenient and makes the most sense in light of the specific problem you're having, either a wicking issue or a burnt plastic taste.

Last edited:

water4choc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
Northern Nevada
Charlie if money is not an issue why not get a Provari or similar quality device, a Phiniac tank and prepunched cartos for your tank. I use this setup and it works great for me. If you get a Phiniac tank, also be sure and get the tank filler tool - makes filling the tank very easy. Very little maintenance involved in this setup. Good luck!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Charlie if money is not an issue why not get a Provari or similar quality device, a Phiniac tank and prepunched cartos for your tank. I use this setup and it works great for me. If you get a Phiniac tank, also be sure and get the tank filler tool - makes filling the tank very easy. Very little maintenance involved in this setup. Good luck!

Believe it or not, there are some things a Provari won't cure. If you read this admittedly long thread, it's obvious that Charlie's problem is not at all with the PV he's using, it's with the juice delivery systems. A new/different PV isn't going to help things, just confuse the issue and cause him to get more p.o.'d about wasting more money. The Phiniac tank is great too but it seems that the cartos are the problem, not keeping them wet, but the whole concept of the carto. That's why I suggested a clearomizer instead. If he can get a satisfactory result with a clearomizer, then it might make sense to get a clearomizer based tank and maybe another PV that would be more appropriate with a tank.

Squish

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2012
Alberta
Hm, this whole carto thing is wierd. I started with Bloog (identical to Volt) and have the same 30 cartos I've been using the whole time. I use them for a few days each then wash that batch and use the others while that batch is drying. I've never tasted burning, and I drew off each at least 50 times before topping off. To make things easier I fill at least 3 cartos with each flavor I want to vape, and I am good to go for a couple days. I found this method was very useful in feeling like I was free of maintenance. Also they are a sinch to clean, don't need to be taken apart. If maintenance free is what your after, you should stay with your volt and just buy more cartos. Definitely try more juice vendors, I'll bet your choice of juice had alot to do with this issue.

charlie310

Apr 17, 2012
Los Angeles
Thanks, sailorman. You definitely solved my 2-month long vaping issue. You are correct, the Fluxomizers do not get burnt. The burnt taste I was getting is just temporary (when I take a dry draw). I guess I am using really thick juice, because when I draw with the fluxomizer upside-down, there is no burnt flavor.

Fluxomizers are also kinda cool because you can actually see how much juice each draw takes.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Glad to see the issue is solved. BTW, you don't have to actually draw with them upside down if you're using thick juice. You coud even flood them and get gurgling if you do that. They still won't leak, but they'll gurgle if they spend too much time upside down. If you get gurgling, just take it off and blow it out into a paper towel. With real thick juice, just tip it for 5 seconds or so somewhere between horizontal and upside down until you see the juice level hitting the top of the wicks. Enough juice will get into the little cup to vape, but it won't seep down into the air tube and gurgle.

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
Glad to see the issue is solved. BTW, you don't have to actually draw with them upside down if you're using thick juice. You coud even flood them and get gurgling if you do that. They still won't leak, but they'll gurgle if they spend too much time upside down. If you get gurgling, just take it off and blow it out into a paper towel. With real thick juice, just tip it for 5 seconds or so somewhere between horizontal and upside down until you see the juice level hitting the top of the wicks. Enough juice will get into the little cup to vape, but it won't seep down into the air tube and gurgle.

Glad you were here sailorman! You did the right thing. We can steer him to bigger and better things later. Them cigarettes were a hobby, and this will be too. Recognized or not. Haven't been to the new members section in a while and it is interesting to see all the same problems. Provaris bigger yes, but not always better. My buddy bought a lt as a backup, and is using it over his provari.

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
I'm new to vaping and my Innokin iTaste VV is hooking me big time. I get huge vape, ez draw, low maintenence, and long battery life (over a day). You can also get adapters cheaply to fit almost any tank or cart on the market. I have been vape'ing with 2.6ohm atomizer @ 4.1volts, and I can vape up a small room :). The only negative i can find with iTaste VV is that it comes with a small capacity tip/tank, but at 4.1v it lasts a long time. Not to mention adapters can mod it with any size cart/tank out there. I'm surprised in how great iTaste works overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread