Help with my journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzipy

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2012
Virginia
Hello All. I started with my Volt kit and that has helped me quit 1.5 PAD 20 yrs habit in 3 weeks. Haven't looked back!! Need new gear. As good as Volt is, I need something more substantial to last my long days. I have decided on Joytech ego Twist 650 and 1000 batteries. Maybe Provari is my next destination.

Got the power source pinned down, need help with juice burning system. I have been using Volt Supplied Cartomizer that I like a lot more than the Nano Clearomizer that I had picked from Smokeless Image. The Clearomizer, while it worked, just didn't deliver the flavor. I want something that will hold more juice than the standard cartomizer. I am a little lost. See Vivi Nova Mini get recommended here. Does it deliver taste like the cartomizer? What are my options with the cartomizer & tank system?

If someone can point me where I should read up more on resistance, voltage and what does what, it would be great. Low Res vs. Hig Res, Dual Vs Single etc etc.

Thank You All.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , and rather than the Twist , you might look at the Kgo VV devices . They have a broader voltage range , then the twist , and are also a passthrough device . About the same kind of money as the twist . I have both , and I prefer the Kgo's . And yes the mini Viva -Nova is the right choice . Look and work great on any of the Ego , or Kgo devices . And best of all , pretty cheap and work great . Also able to make a new wick and coil for them , as well. Good Luck .

Last edited:

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
a lot of people will throw out the vivi nova at you, since you preferred the cartos with the volt, i'll go ahead and say it: you're probably a cartomizer guy.

being that you are most likely a cartomizer guy, go run to ikenvape.com and grab some of the platinum series 510 cartomizers he has...they are (imho) the best cartomizers on the planet right now....while you're there, if you want to try out the vivi nova, they sell those too, but if you liked the flavor off a carto more with the volt, then you won't be impressed by any clearo, not even the nova....i know, i've been down the same road.

as far as carto tanks: i believe firmly in glass tanks....the best of the glass tanks are phiniac tanks, followed closely by the newcomer ibtanked.....however it might look kind of wonky on an eGo....for that you can get a cheapo 3.5ml smoktech DCT to see what you like more between that or a nova...also you can try out the 4ml MEGA eGo dual coil cartos from vaping zone and not need a tank.....

Last edited:

DizGrizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Near Austin, TX
Much to be said for what elmattias stated. However, I too have tried the Nano from SI and, frankly, it sucks beanie weenies...not even in the same ballpark as the Novas. Give 'em both a shot and see what you think. Don't forget to fiddle with the voltage to find that sweet spot for your carto/clearo and juice. If you end up liking the cartos better, you might consider getting a carto tank to try.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Much to be said for what elmattias stated. However, I too have tried the Nano from SI and, frankly, it sucks beanie weenies...not even in the same ballpark as the Novas. Give 'em both a shot and see what you think. Don't forget to fiddle with the voltage to find that sweet spot for your carto/clearo and juice. If you end up liking the cartos better, you might consider getting a carto tank to try.

in essence sure, but a clearo is a clearo, if you find muted flavor on one, you'll see it on another, while i admit the nova is the only one worth half a crap, i still prefer the taste and overall performance from a carto, i've not found one clearomizer, not even the mighty vivi nova, that can compete in efficiency with a single cartomizer, sure its a great deal you get, but performance wise, the vivi is just what it appears to be upon initial inspection: a big, slightly better but still lacking clearo...short wick or long wick, silica or cotton or even SS mesh, everything on it just seemed so....blah.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Holly frak, batfink! How come I didn't know about ibtanked. Man, those are wicked! Think I'll hang there and rub my "Iwanna" hands for a while.

you can thank baditude...he's been singing the praises for a couple of weeks now, i finally decided to order one myself, gonna see how these guys roll

zzipy

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2012
Virginia
Alright, went a little crazy and picked up a Kanger T2 and T3, Boge DCT and Vision Vivi Nova. Coming up on one month smoke free is making me a little giddy :)

I also picked up the recommended IBTanked 19mm Standard tank. What specific Cartomizer from Ikenvape would I need? What else is needed - drip tip? Should I be looking at a specific size?

Thx

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Alright, went a little crazy and picked up a Kanger T2 and T3, Boge DCT and Vision Vivi Nova. Coming up on one month smoke free is making me a little giddy :)

I also picked up the recommended IBTanked 19mm Standard tank. What specific Cartomizer from Ikenvape would I need? What else is needed - drip tip? Should I be looking at a specific size?

Thx

the platinum series cartos from ikenvape are the go-to cartos for tanks that i use, the 801 fusions are also amazing, with a slightly tighter draw, but they will leave a gap between your device and tank no matter what you are using. you will need them to be the MEGA editions of said cartos, as they are the longer ones that will fit in your tanks, and if you don't want to fuss with punching the cartos, you can get the PUNCHED! series that come with laser cut holes

the 19mm ibtanked tanks should sync up almost flawlessly with your twist, as the twist diameter is about 17mm (sorry don't have my calipers handy atm) depending on the nova size you ordered, it will either be perfect, or look like a lamp post...i don't know about the size comparison on the kangers or the boge tank...

as far as a drip tip, one will come with the vivi nova that should work in the other devices, however, you can get them anywhere and add a bit of personal flair, so they are recommended...and generally if they are 510 sized driptips they will work on all of these things.

as far as "other" accessories, a DCT thread skirt for the twist is a nice touch to give a clean aesthetically appealing look to your device, and possibly a lanyard to drape the eGo over your neck so you know where it's at.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Greetings. This is the one you want. https://www.ikenvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PLATSTDP Already has laser-drilled holes, so no need for a punch tool. I just got these in the mega size for my XL size 19mm IBTanked. I'm really liking them, thanks to elmattias' recommendation.

I love these tanks. Such nice quality and inexpensive to boot. I've got five of them, and will get more when I need them. You will need a drip tip of some sort. OCD sells them on the IBTanked site. If not, my current favorite drip tips are the Knuckleheads, which are shaped like a Cherry Vape ming, but you can rotate and tilt the tip around like a ball-joint to any position that is comfortable to you. The original Cherry Vape mings or prawns are nice, too.

The ones in my pics below are just some cheapo's that I found just to color match the acrylic caps I got. The blue tip on the Provari is a ming Cherry Vape knock off. Third pic is a stock photo of some knuckleheads.

OCD-2.jpg OCD-1.jpg knuckleheadtip.jpg

I've recently written some articles for my blogs (click link under my avatar) you might find interesting. For pics of my setup, click the link below in my sig.

Last edited:

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Greetings. This is the one you want. https://www.ikenvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PLATSTDP Already has laser-drilled holes, so no need for a punch tool. I just got these in the mega size for my XL size 19mm IBTanked. I'm really liking them, thanks toelmattias' recommendation.

I love these tanks. Such nice quality and inexpensive to boot. I've got five of them, and will get more when I need them. You will need a drip tip of some sort. OCD sells them on the IBTanked site. If not, my current favorite drip tips are the Knuckleheads, which are shaped like a Cherry Vape ming, but you can rotate and tilt the tip around like a ball-joint to any position that is comfortable to you. The original Cherry Vape mings or prawns are nice, too.

The ones in my pics below are just some cheapo's that I found just to color match the acrylic caps I got. The blue tip on the Provari is a ming Cherry Vape knock off. Third pic is a stock photo of some knuckleheads.

View attachment 149392 View attachment 149393 View attachment 149394

I've recently written some articles for my blogs (click link under my avatar) you might find interesting. For pics of my setup, click the link below in my sig.

and the man himself speaks. glad you liking the platinum series, maybe now people will stop thinking i'm crazy when i recommend them over a boge lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread