May 27, 2013
East Texas
www.youtube.com
Love em!
10301956_301544153348557_8301232636700674427_n.jpg

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Arrgh. I absolutely love copper but it stains my hands because my hands are sweaty a lot of the times.

The voltage drop difference makes me want to lean towards the copper because I love copper and it's looks with patina etc. Tough call.

I guess I'll be going with a SS one as I never owned an SS mod before anyway haha, always copper.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I actually bought the copper one because my local store was sold out on the SS.

I'm having one issue though, I literally cannot for the life of me use my pinky on it and I vape on my Hades with my pinky, so I'm definitely used to it....... It's got so much resistance, plus the button seems to get stuck if it you press it slightly through the sides... argh this is frustrating me so much!

Anyone with similar issues? Apart from that it rocks!

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Well, I don't have the clone, or copper, but when the button is first breaking in, it takes some getting use to..either push it straight up, or just try forcing it up from different directions.. or use another finger:/

If you're using an atty with an adjustable pin, back the pin out to shorten the throw.

trickydisco

Feb 17, 2014
Overland Park KS
I actually bought the copper one because my local store was sold out on the SS.

I'm having one issue though, I literally cannot for the life of me use my pinky on it and I vape on my Hades with my pinky, so I'm definitely used to it....... It's got so much resistance, plus the button seems to get stuck if it you press it slightly through the sides... argh this is frustrating me so much!

Add a spacer magnet and the throw will be what you are used to. Can definitely pinky fire with one extra magnet added to the one supplied with the infinite kit

Fasttech has them for cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It comes with an extra magnet already, which I am using, other wise the button has to go almost halfway into the tube haha. It just seems the magnets are SUPER strong.

Also, on the little tubes, does it matter which one goes first when putting it in 18650 mode?

Oh, I misread your post mate, so add ANOTHER magnet onto the extra one already supplied. So we're looking at, original magnet + extra + extra + battery? In this direction?

Last edited:

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The authentic has a specific order for the extensions..14mm-18490..16mm-18650.. but it's not because of battery size for orientation..if you put the extensions in the 16mm-14mm order, there will be noticeable gaps/lines.

On the clone it's either the other way around or it doesn't matter. But I have it 16mm-14mm, I tried the other way around and you noticed the seams A LOT plus the top cap didn't screw all the way in... it started to get stuck on the 16mm tube so I didn't force it since it's copper. It threads like butter otherwise though

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer

for some reason, I randomly remembered this post..I guess you can consider that a flashback? :)
anyways, push it straight up all the way, and then, force it to the side of the tube.
On the clone it's either the other way around or it doesn't matter. But I have it 16mm-14mm, I tried the other way around and you noticed the seams A LOT plus the top cap didn't screw all the way in... it started to get stuck on the 16mm tube so I didn't force it since it's copper. It threads like butter otherwise though
ok.. just did it... they are a just tad more noticeable running them reversed.. not nearly as bad as I remember, but when you run your fingers down the mod, you can feel the extensions sticking out unevenly around the tube.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
for some reason, I randomly remembered this post..I guess you can consider that a flashback? :)
anyways, push it straight up all the way, and then, force it to the side of the tube.

ok.. just did it... they are a just tad more noticeable running them reversed.. not nearly as bad as I remember, but when you run your fingers down the mod, you can feel the extensions sticking out unevenly around the tube.

Yep! Same thing happens to mine, I can feel it although visually it looks better that way. Weird. Plus the fact that I can't screw in the atty cap onto the 16mm is p*ssng me off : /

Update: I was able to screw it the top cap on the 16mm tube by forcing it a little bit (just needed a break in) and, on mine, it seems that no matter what, if I run down my finger through the tube I can feel the seams very well, also it looks pretty crap right now because the 14mm was on top before so it didn't patina as fast since I don't hold it there, so now I have, darker copper > lighter copper > darker copper. haha, will post a pic in a few

Last edited:

Dhim

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2009
Jersey
I'm having a bit of a issue with my clone from Focal. It only comes with 1 magnet in the switch, which sits flush to the battery. There is a bit of wiggle between the battery and the atomizer unless I use something with a long post like the Magma, in which was when I bring that down it will simply auto fire. I've seen pictures including in this thread where people show a 2nd magnet and ring down by the switch, but even with that assuming it all fit I don't see how this mod could either not autofire or not have a decent bit of battery wobble.

Am I missing something here?

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
The reason that the 4nine has that name is because the real mod is 49mm long in 18350 mode. The focalecig and the non 1:1 clones at FastTech are also. But the Infinite clone is 51mm long which is why there's a second magnet included, to fix the incorrect length tube. So you're not really missing anything with your focalecig 4nine, you just got one made with a tube that doesn't need the extra magnet.

That being said, some people still find a need for a second magnet (guess that'd be a third if you have the Infinite) if you have an atomizer that has a very short 510 connector and it either doesn't adjust at all or just not enough to make up the extra length needed, hence using another magnet. Personally I'd find another spacer to use, magnets are far from ideal conductors. Their advantage is because they're magnetic they'll stay in place, so no risk of shorts, etc.

The magnet that's in the delrin spacer can be adjusted for about 1mm of throw, less actually but a bit. If you look at the button, you'll note that the copper ring and magnet extend above the rest of the button. You can rotate the copper + magnet bit in the delrin by about that amount to take up room. Obviously if you rotate so much that the button no longer contacts the copper part in the delrin there won't be a connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
The reason that the 4nine has that name is because the real mod is 49mm long in 18350 mode. The focalecig and the non 1:1 clones at FastTech are also. But the Infinite clone is 51mm long which is why there's a second magnet included, to fix the incorrect length tube. So you're not really missing anything with your focalecig 4nine, you just got one made with a tube that doesn't need the extra magnet.

That being said, some people still find a need for a second magnet (guess that'd be a third if you have the Infinite) if you have an atomizer that has a very short 510 connector and it either doesn't adjust at all or just not enough to make up the extra length needed, hence using another magnet. Personally I'd find another spacer to use, magnets are far from ideal conductors. Their advantage is because they're magnetic they'll stay in place, so no risk of shorts, etc.

The magnet that's in the delrin spacer can be adjusted for about 1mm of throw, less actually but a bit. If you look at the button, you'll note that the copper ring and magnet extend above the rest of the button. You can rotate the copper + magnet bit in the delrin by about that amount to take up room. Obviously if you rotate so much that the button no longer contacts the copper part in the delrin there won't be a connection.

I'm still having a hard time with my 4nine (I have the one from Vapetech). Only my TOBH and Trident V1 will fire. None of my Kayfuns, or taifun gt will fire on it. I'm using a sony vtc5. The only thing I can see that can be adjusted is the little copper ring inside the spacer that holds the magnet. That's the only thing that will actually move since it has threads. I'm so confused.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I'm still having a hard time with my 4nine... None of my Kayfuns, or taifun gt will fire on it. I'm using a sony vtc5. The only thing I can see that can be adjusted is the little copper ring inside the spacer that holds the magnet.
The Kayfun I'm using on my 4nine is the black edition from Artemis (custommodcreations.com) which is a lite + clone which has the adjustable 510 connector screw. I turn mine out only about 1mm below the outside part of the connector and it works fine. As does my Fogger V4. But that also has the screw adjustment on the 510 connector. These are with the Sony, Efest or Panasonic batteries, all flat tops. If your atomizers don't have the adjustment its hit or miss if it'll work with the 4nine. The atomizer must have that extended center pin on it's 510 or it just won't work and there really isn't much to fix if it doesn't.

You can spend $5 and get a pair of "improved" top caps (or top cap and extra switch) from China. I don't know of a domestic source. This cap has a little part that threads into the 510 connector hole of the standard 4nine top cap and effectively turns it into a standard style top cap. The pseudo hybrid-ness is gone and you can't adjust for connector length but at least any atomizer should work with it. I'm sure you can find a real version also for much more. Here's a link to the pair of top caps on focalecig:
http://focalecig.com/Product/Upgraded-top-cap-for-4Nine-Mod2pcs-19634
just add http to this if the above link fails:
focalecig.com/Product/Upgraded-top-cap-for-4Nine-Mod2pcs-19634

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread