io6...we have a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-GR-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Pennsylvania
I got my I06's and drip tip today along with a bottle of RY4. The RY4 is good but I have been noticing since trying some bakery juice and quitting smoking I am preferring the bakery stuff.

Anyway, there is definitely a learning curve with the I06. This is my first 306 style atomizer and I was afraid to put too many drops in and I also forgot to turn the voltage down on my provari. Anyway, I put 4 drops of RY4 in and let it sit for a minute or two. Then I added another two drops and took a hit like I had been doing with my 510's and holy mother of god. I choked LOL.

I turned the voltage down to about 4.8 and it is a lot smoother for me. I was letting it run dry a bit from not being used to it and not wanting to flood it to the point of leaking. I am getting better with it now though.

I then tried my favorite gooey better cake in the other one, kind of went through the same where it hit too hard but didn't have much flavor and realizing I didn't put enough juice in. I put four drops in and took a hit, now we were talking. I cranked the voltage up to 5.2 and it is really nice. Going to use them all day tomorrow and will report back. I think I will like them if they are going to hold that much juice and not leak.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Uke, I dont even bother, my Beta i06 lasted for over 100 days, at $8 or whatever they are I find it best myself to just use em and chuck them once performance drops to a certain point. I know many like to do the cleaning thing and I use to myself, but anymore I just pitch them in the trash, theres nothing like a new Atty and I've just found that once you do a cleaning and soak an Atty in water or anything else it just isn't ever the same. I'm sure there will be people that want to argue this or disagree but geeze man a pack of a smokes is freaking $8 or so and they last what about a 1/2 day or 1 day, I find it a bargain that these i06 Atty's not only perform as well as they do but also last for as long as mine have been lasting, for me it's use em and pitch em :)

MWA-would you save your old atties for me? I need the casings from them for a project. Any 510/901/801 will do-I'll pay shipping to me if you can find the time.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Remembering what my 1st grade teacher said - no question is a stupid question - I'll venture these questions.

My 1st I06 should be arriving today. How do you folks remove the tan casing? Pull/pry it off? Cut it off?

How far down do you push the 'silhouette' drip tip on to the atomizer?

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Remembering what my 1st grade teacher said - no question is a stupid question - I'll venture these questions.

My 1st I06 should be arriving today. How do you folks remove the tan casing? Pull/pry it off? Cut it off?

Good choice on the silhouette tip. They are much better looking in person and allow you to see the juice in them. They also dont transfer heat as I thought they might. As for the brown casing, you can gently slide it off by doing a small twist motion, just dont pull too hard. From my experience, it's best to slide the drip-tip all the way down the i06, or as far as it can go. If you do it this way, just expect to keep it on there for good, as one other person reported it being extremely difficult to pry it off afterwards. I managed to put mine on with the io6 dry, but you might have better luck by putting a small amount of ejuice on the sides of the io6, as it will allow it to easily slide down. Been vaping on my first i06 for about two weeks now, and it's still vaping like new, and still the best atty out there. Usually put in 3-4 drops, give it a quick blow through the mouthpiece, and vape away.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com

I just screw it onto an old stick 510 battery and pull it off, unscrew from the stick battery and put it on my Reo. Easy does it on the silhouette drip tip. They can and will get stuck if put on too tightly.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Thanks for all the tips in this thread. I must omit that I made a mistake ordering two of the 2.5ohm IO6's. I should have ordered more!

I blew out the atty, primed with 3 drops, let it sit a bit, added 4 more drops and gave it a try. Wow! What a combination my Cuppuccino-WTA and the IO6. I didn't know my little eGo could do so well. It tasted just like I took a mouthful of real cuppuccino. Well I've got the rest of the weekend to practice my dripping as Monday I'm expecting delivery of my 1st Provari. (What's the cure for nic overdose - I may not be able to put it down, I'm liking this I06 so much, I'm gonna go nuts when I put it on the Provari)

IMG_9244.jpg

My jury-rigged catch-cup: I put 2 o-rings from drip tips and 1 cart marking ring over the threads of the eGo, then screwed on a short cone I use with tanks. It left a small reservoir to catch any leaks - which like MWA said, I haven't had any at all. The o-rings keep the cone from screwing all the way down (you can see that int the 1st picture) and I suppose help any leaks from running down the outside of the battery.

IMG_9250.jpg

IMG_9248.jpg

Did I say I'm really liking this. I'll be ordering more soon for sure.

mycarsifarst

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Houston, Texas
I'll be getting my 2.5ohm io6's in the mail, later this week hopefully! I'm excited because it's gotten to the point that I can't stand this sweet metal taste lingering in all my atties ATM, not to mention they leak like they're not even using juice. I was smart and ordered four. Any start-up instructions I need to know about? And I don't want to pop the coil, so what's the proper way to break these in for 6V vaping?

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I'll be getting my 2.5ohm io6's in the mail, later this week hopefully! I'm excited because it's gotten to the point that I can't stand this sweet metal taste lingering in all my atties ATM, not to mention they leak like they're not even using juice. I was smart and ordered four. Any start-up instructions I need to know about? And I don't want to pop the coil, so what's the proper way to break these in for 6V vaping?

You can do an initial blow through to make sure there isn't any primer and then put 4 drops into the atomizer and let it sit for a few minutes. Take a quick hit or 2 and fill with 2-3 drops and you are good. Once flavor starts to drop add another drop or three. How many drops really depends on how thick or thin your juice isThese will use juice up-so keep them wet!

Last edited:

Crazy Canuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I really liked the 1.8's, but ordered some 1.5's to try with the new DT's. They came yesterday and I'm now an even bigger fan!

The new DT's are great. The juice still hangs a bit, but a light blow is all you need to send the juice down. Fits the mouth nicer than the black delrins do too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I just got 2 of the 2.5 ohm IO6's. Was using 1 on an eGo while waiting for my 1st ProVari to arrive. It came yesterday and I put the IO6 on it at 3.8 volts, then tried 4 volts and it 'tasted' much warmer then expected. I metered it and it came out to 1.8 ohms. hmmm? I put the other IO6 on the ProVari and checked it - it showed spot on at 2.5 ohms.

Don't know if I have a faulty 2.5ohm reading low or perhaps I was shipped a 1.5ohm that's reading high. I contacted Isaac yesterday to see what he has to say.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Maybe you got one of the 1.8's in error.

Now that would make the most sense. I thought it was only offered in 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5 - just looked again at the website and 'yepper' it does come in 1.8. Didn't remember seeing that when I place my order. Thanks

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
is there any advantages or disadvantages using a 1.8 io6 vs 2.5 io6 vs 3.5 io6 on a mod like a provari? I'm currently using the io6 2.5 and I vape as low as 4.0 all the way to 5.5 depending on the juice..

any suggestions based on my range? thinking of buying bulk (same kind) and get it over with
Yes sir there are. The Provari's setup is using boosting. Meaning it's exercising a 3.7V battery. When you apply an LR (pretty much anything under 2.5 on the PV's setup. Your stressing the hardware to act. This can trip the safety switch by automatically shutting down the unit and displaying an Error code "E". For mine, this happened with anything under 2.5. If and when it did allow it, the battery run time was significantly reduced because anything with low resistance does demand a good amount of power. Typically where you want to be at is 2.5Ω and above. You should never buy bulk till you know what your getting into. Not just for the io6, for anything :laugh: 2.5 is the most versatile resistance to grant you the option of shooting different voltages at it. Just not 5.7V+

MrAftrmth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
LosAngeles
Yes sir there are. The Provari's setup is using boosting. Meaning it's exercising a 3.7V battery. When you apply an LR (pretty much anything under 2.5 on the PV's setup. Your stressing the hardware to act. This can trip the safety switch by automatically shutting down the unit and displaying an Error code "E". For mine, this happened with anything under 2.5. If and when it did allow it, the battery run time was significantly reduced because anything with low resistance does demand a good amount of power. Typically where you want to be at is 2.5Ω and above. You should never buy bulk till you know what your getting into. Not just for the io6, for anything :laugh: 2.5 is the most versatile resistance to grant you the option of shooting different voltages at it. Just not 5.7V+

Then a 2.5 is fine then as it gives me great versatility of going high or low on voltage right? buying in bulk for me is around 5pcs lol :vapor:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I thought the stream of emails were weaker today. Mike, what was your order number?
The io6 wrappers should have a clear sticker with black writing stating rating. There is a chance you were mis-boxed, but your in good hands/company :)

Isaac, The Order# was30039, 6Dec2011. I didn't pay attention, the the wrappers when I removed the atomizers. And unfortunately, the trash went out yesterday so I can't even try looking for it.

(note: I did send you a msg about this through your website contact form. I was looking for your feedback on this before ordering more. Thanks for getting back to me 'here'.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread